Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846473 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #8565 on: June 17, 2013, 02:38:57 pm »

Woo level up.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: June 17, 2013, 02:54:35 pm »

Who is this Critzoacotl and how can I abuse it? :P

Critzocoatl is the a gigantic lightning bird/dragon who has dominion over critical hits. He gets snippy if you pray with less than a 20% crit rate though.
Can I into Critzoacotl? Killer lance plus 10% crit boost skill on some units. Sadly, not a lot of SKL though.

@Sirus: Could be worse. I'm looking at either five turns of boring movement and nothing else, or possibly suicidal fighting. I'm leaning towards the suicidal fighting. :v

I think I can kite those three into oblivion if I play it right. If not, I can flee outside the tower where they can't get me. Just have to avoid being either 1) Critted, or 2) Killed by being overwhelmed.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: June 17, 2013, 03:01:58 pm »

Considering how impossible it would be to save your ass when if things go wrong, I'm leaning towards the boring movement myself :v
But hey, that's up to you and Salvatore. I'm waiting to see what FFS does before I make a move.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: June 17, 2013, 03:20:05 pm »

I've been thinking it out, and that is one of the biggest detractor, just how impossible it will be to save Sal if he gets downed, which is pretty likely with four on one. They each have a six percent chance to crit him, but all of them but the shaman would double him so the chance of them pulling one off is higher than it initially seems, considering that's not one attack with a six percent chance but seven.

I had a rough idea out where basically knock the door, get twanged by archer twice and door smashed by enemies most likely, smash whoever knocked the door, flee outside tower and use healing item, get smacked by both archer and a magic-user, use healing and smack magic user... But from there it decays into 'do I kill the magic user in a single blow?' kind of thing, and just gets messy.

I think I'm going to go with the boring movement myself, the dangers of fighting alone are too severe and my chances get really sketchy after a while, I can do more daring actions when I have someone to pick me up when those actions inevitably fail.

Although with the rain, that tacks another turn on the movement. Is how it goes though.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: June 17, 2013, 03:23:28 pm »

I've been thinking it out, and that is one of the biggest detractor, just how impossible it will be to save Sal if he gets downed, which is pretty likely with four on one. They each have a six percent chance to crit him, but all of them but the shaman would double him so the chance of them pulling one off is higher than it initially seems, considering that's not one attack with a six percent chance but seven.

I had a rough idea out where basically knock the door, get twanged by archer twice and door smashed by enemies most likely, smash whoever knocked the door, flee outside tower and use healing item, get smacked by both archer and a magic-user, use healing and smack magic user... But from there it decays into 'do I kill the magic user in a single blow?' kind of thing, and just gets messy.

I think I'm going to go with the boring movement myself, the dangers of fighting alone are too severe and my chances get really sketchy after a while, I can do more daring actions when I have someone to pick me up when those actions inevitably fail.

Although with the rain, that tacks another turn on the movement. Is how it goes though.

Honestly, if I were in your position, I would take the boring route for 2 reasons:

1: Archers. Self-explanatory.

2: That shaman can double you, and getting doubled is NEVER a good thing.
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: June 17, 2013, 03:25:32 pm »

I believe Salvatore has a skill that makes arrows no more dangerous than they are to other people. Sorta like holding that accessory that does the same thing.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: June 17, 2013, 03:30:38 pm »

Nullify, its a wonderful thing. Nothing like staring at an archer plink at you and laughing, watching them expect something of a stronger effect from that.

All of them can double Sal, the shaman can't. Sal has 8 AS, shaman 10, two points short of double range. The mage can double Sal, but with his skill he effectively has 11 RES against them, so that doesn't mean much. Really, if Sal had just one more point of speed, I'd go for it because then only the spearmen, boss, and hero could double him. A single point makes a lot of difference.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: June 17, 2013, 03:31:59 pm »

Well, we DO have a level up coming next turn :3

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: June 17, 2013, 03:33:49 pm »

I have to ask, since you don't show failed rolls: Hasp, did you remember Chris has a second critical roll if the first one works, and that the second insta-kills? :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: June 17, 2013, 03:35:06 pm »

I know.

You just rolled 88 on it.

Oh right: DAMN YOU PEOPLE AND YOUR SUPPORT CRITS >:U
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: June 17, 2013, 03:35:55 pm »

Yes, but that's a 30% difference, I'm not a fan of relying on that. ...Although both my 30% skills have risen more than my 50% skill, which is whack yo.

That, and I'm afraid that if I say it/try to plan around it, I may jinx it. Darn my idiotic RNG superstitions that I know are false yet still go with for some reason!

EDIT: @Haspen: If Sal is within three tiles of Seyena, and is attacking a unit with a range one weapon (most melee units) with his killer lance, he'd have a 55% chance of critting. Just figured I'd say that. :3
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 03:37:32 pm by Xanmyral »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: June 17, 2013, 03:36:25 pm »

I know.

OK, just checking since it's the first time the situation came up since the class change and I tend to forget things like that myself. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: June 17, 2013, 03:37:02 pm »

Yes, but that's a 30% difference, I'm not a fan of relying on that. ...Although both my 30% skills have risen more than my 50% skill, which is whack yo.

That, and I'm afraid that if I say it/try to plan around it, I may jinx it. Darn my idiotic RNG superstitions that I know are false yet still go with for some reason!

I say go risky way, Adrien's death was several chapters ago... c:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: June 17, 2013, 03:40:51 pm »

EDIT: @Haspen: If Sal is within three tiles of Seyena, and is attacking a unit with a range one weapon (most melee units) with his killer lance, he'd have a 55% chance of critting. Just figured I'd say that. :3

Seyena gives dem all de critz

I say go risky way, Adrien's death was several chapters ago... c:

XANMYRAL GO SAFE

SAAFEEE
I need to put something interesting here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: June 17, 2013, 03:41:53 pm »

...So Seyena brings all the boys to the yard? :P
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 1249