Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846493 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #9285 on: June 26, 2013, 06:10:49 pm »

Well, I'm thinking we load up some units on the mounted ones (considering how two of our highest-RES units are mounted) and charge in. Is it a perfect plan? Far from it. But if we can just get some dudes near the sage, he'll have to stop Berserking in order to fight back even if said dudes are Berserk themselves (because they can attack friend or foe). Once that happens, superior numbers will do the rest.

Feel free to poke holes in the plan, because its essentially a zerg rush and I hate zerg rushing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: June 26, 2013, 06:30:49 pm »

Here's a better question: what happens to Rescued units when the rescuer is berserked?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: June 26, 2013, 06:31:43 pm »

Hmm...what happens if a berserk unit is carrying someone? Would the carried unit get dropped?

I'm thinking Seyena pick up one of our heavy hitters and dash for the sage. She has high RES and Savior, so she won't lose any evade from Rescuing.

Ailment staves only call for target's RES and distance between the target and the caster. Evade does nothing here :P
So, uh, what is the answer to the question? Say, Olison is carrying Valor and gets Berserk'd. Would Valor get dropped instantly or would he be stuck for the ride? Or something else entirely?
He would only lose the ability to be dropped by Olison, but Valor could 'drop himself' at cost of his own action.
* Sirus coughs

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: June 26, 2013, 06:40:47 pm »

Man, what happens if we flee like babies? Because I'm tellin ya, retreat is starting to look like a nice option.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: June 26, 2013, 06:46:32 pm »

If I were in charge of writing FEF rules, I would make it so a rescuee whose rescuer gets berserked gets snapped over their berserked carrier's knee.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: June 26, 2013, 06:55:02 pm »

Spoiler: Potentially Bad Ideas (click to show/hide)

I think this is actually a viable idea...

Do support bonuses count if they're carrying their support? If it does, (And it should, IMHO,) Then Seyena could grab Valor and the Short Spear, and go up and nearly kill sage. Someone else could follow up and kill the sage.

I'll have Seyena edge to just a tile or two inside his range. It wouldn't make sense to berserk her, she wouldn't be able to do too much damage to the rest of the group. Everyone else lines up on the outside edge, and when it comes time, Valor runs in front of her, she grabs him, and goes and kills sage with the short spear.

Well, sleep time for me. Get yer actions until morning or I will force a turn.

And you don't want to still be on the map at Turn 15.

c:

This worries me. Let's finish the map before a shitload of reinforcements come.
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: June 26, 2013, 07:00:47 pm »

Sounds good. Should the rest of us come rushing after you two, or stay back? Keep in mind that if the plan fails to survive contact with the enemy (as most plans do), you'll probably want some nearby assistance.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: June 26, 2013, 07:05:01 pm »

Powder, just charge in. Next turn, someone can trade you the lance back and you could kill the sage!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: June 26, 2013, 07:06:01 pm »

Well, Valor just needs to be within three steps of you, so he can easily go from outside the range too. The idea I had was that you were where Tant is, Valor was where Charlotte is, Valor moves first and you move second. You'd unfortunately be right smack dab up against a spearman, which is not a good thing, but you'd have a clear shot at the sage, two of them. With Valor there, you'd have two shots with a one in five percent chance of critting, and you'd only need to crit once for it to kill him...

Assuming both shots sink, honestly, since you'd have a... 85 percent chance each shot to hit, accounting for everything.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: June 26, 2013, 07:10:00 pm »

Sounds good. Should the rest of us come rushing after you two, or stay back? Keep in mind that if the plan fails to survive contact with the enemy (as most plans do), you'll probably want some nearby assistance.

Well, I'm not going to ask or demand anything, if it gets a character killed it's my ass, but if Charlotte moves to 19,15, she can get in range of the Sage and be a space away from the spearmen, just in case the possibility Seyena doesn't kill him outright.

Once he's dead, we're in the clear, and everyone can pull a Leeroy.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: June 26, 2013, 07:12:42 pm »

...I can't believe I forgot Charlotte's insane range. She can easily nail the sage, finishing him off from what Seyena does, no doubt.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: June 26, 2013, 07:13:44 pm »

...I can't believe I forgot Charlotte's insane range. She can easily nail the sage, finishing him off from what Seyena does, no doubt.

Charillista.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: June 26, 2013, 07:14:25 pm »

And if Gregor moves to within 3 squares of that space before she moves, there's almost no way she can miss. Support bonuses ftw.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: June 26, 2013, 07:17:06 pm »

Well, I'm not going to ask or demand anything, if it gets a character killed it's my ass, but if Charlotte moves to 19,15, she can get in range of the Sage and be a space away from the spearmen, just in case the possibility Seyena doesn't kill him outright.

I can't hit him from 19,15, so doesn't this plan assume the sage is lured toward us instead of just sitting their zerking from 9 RNG.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: June 26, 2013, 07:21:54 pm »

You can hit from 17,13 though, if I recall that you have four range right.

I got an idea in my head as to how this could play out, if anyone wants to hear it.
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 1249