Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841215 times)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

FTL is on my list of games to get.

You should have gotten it. It was on sale for... $2-3 yesterday, I think.

Edit: It still is. $2.49 for the next 15 hours.
I need to put something interesting here.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

One thing I absolutely HATE about Fire Emblem at times...

You have too many characters to choose from. Now this wouldn't be a problem if they did a Final Fantasy-esque thing where all characters gain experience somehow, (Even ones you're not using) so when you need Gao or something to do his fancy monster move, he wouldn't be absolutely useless, only behind by like two or so levels.
Thats exactly how I feel. But I guess thats where replayability comes in. It really is fun using all the other characters that you didn't favour the first time through.

EDIT: I have FTL. I'm not very good at it. :/ Or.. I guess I never really tried to get good at it? I just like to play it once in a while.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

IIRC the Engi ship starts with Ions, and there's nothing more cruel/fun than locking down an enemy ship's weapons and oxygen. Or it could just be that I play like an asshole. >.> I do enjoy that federation cruiser's artillery beam as well.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I've only beat it with the Engie ship, and that ion cannon is awesome. Disable their shields, disable their weapons, laugh as you watch them die horribly. If I'm in an asteroid area, I just disable their weapons and shields and watch with popcorn.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I also love fire weapons and got that 'Some people just like to watch ships burn' achievement. >:3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

IIRC the Engi ship starts with Ions, and there's nothing more cruel/fun than locking down an enemy ship's weapons and oxygen. Or it could just be that I play like an asshole. >.> I do enjoy that federation cruiser's artillery beam as well.

I try doing this, but it seems like the systems recharge faster than I can shoot.

Wait a second, if you put someone in a manned sector-whatever-it's-called like the Engines, do Engi get a bonus? Like instead of 10% increase of dodge from a human, you get 15% from an engi?
Something like that?

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I also love fire weapons and got that 'Some people just like to watch ships burn' achievement. >:3

Fire weapons have also been pretty useless to me so far. Maybe I just suck, or the AI is really good at putting out fires.
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Fraid not. The Engi just provide a repair bonus.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I set the Ion to auto attacking their shields, set a guy at it, never steered me wrong. You typically only focus one ion cannon on one system however, any more and it won't permalock it.

...I admit I kinda cheat in that the first ship I come across I grind the hell outta my crewmembers by having them either disable the weapons on auto and waiting until they reach max on that, and if their weapons can't punch through my shields their engines so they're forced to keep attacking me to max my shields. Handy for raising your engine and pilot too.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This campout is going rapidly downhill.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

It's for the best, though. Also XD at Charlotte getting an armorless portrait.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Fair enough. ^^^

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still find this hilarious.

Camp fire scene where everyone is drunk, then there's the brawl.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Not everyone. Just two, I think. They just happen to be the loudest and funniest xD

Oh god. Chris, what did you just unleash? :o
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:55:53 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1249