Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841177 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Okay, question!

What would you have done if, through some terrible circumstances, enough PCs died to make continuing the story nigh-impossible? Would you re-open recruitment of new characters? Would you decrease the difficulty, or maybe increase the amount of EXP earned so the characters level up faster? Do a roll-back?

This applies to all FEFs past, present, and future.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
I need to put something interesting here.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Besides the extra stone quests and the alternate routes, were there any other parts of the plot that you wound up changing partway through?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Okay, question!

What would you have done if, through some terrible circumstances, enough PCs died to make continuing the story nigh-impossible? Would you re-open recruitment of new characters? Would you decrease the difficulty, or maybe increase the amount of EXP earned so the characters level up faster? Do a roll-back?

This applies to all FEFs past, present, and future.

I often have plan B if the main stuff doesn't go the way I want (for example, when you went after The Box, I had to come up with entire new story branch outta nothing), and at the back of my mind I have plan C if plan B also goes horribly wrong. I would re-open the recruiment, but most possibly I would substitute you with some NPCs, or don't replenish your ranks at all.

Besides the extra stone quests and the alternate routes, were there any other parts of the plot that you wound up changing partway through?

Hmmm.

Well I just found my old 'story notes' file from June this year, it describes defunct plot layout:

Code: [Select]
chapter 9 - Kesselring troops and hired assasins attack Tunhausen Keep; night mission

chapter 10 - Magister Tiron and Mageslayer sword; Matilda attacks again with help of Commander Johnson (Warrior)
Matilda and her cavaliers will retreat if paid 2000 gold; half that if talked to with Olison

I change my plans and ideas about plot and characters very often - for example, Grummel's connections to Gregor's father, not to mention arranged marriage, came up few hours before Ch.10B started. Before that, Alexandra didn't even exist :P

Oh, and Joz was recruitable in the beginning of my plans but I decided to make him martyr-hero-mentor for Derick instead :3

EDIT: Oh, and the berebian tomb was going to be explorable, but I was too lazy to make the map and enemies aaand you guys didn't look that inclined to brave few hallucinations and bunch of spiders, so I didn't push it :P
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:13:38 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Heh. What else would have been in the tomb?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:16:47 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, you probably won't be able to answer this one without being spoiler-y, but will Gregor's oldest brother (apparently the only other survivor in the family) ever make an appearance?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Heh. What else would have been in the tomb?

Treasure cheeeests.

Okay, you probably won't be able to answer this one without being spoiler-y, but will Gregor's oldest brother (apparently the only other survivor in the family) ever make an appearance?

No.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would he have made an appearance if we had taken a different route? The fact that Gregor has family running around kinda bugs me, because I would imagine that one of them would try to find the other at some point.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

So er... was Sarius's death ever going to be part of the plot, or was it just a framing device?
It's FEF, not FEOF

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Will Gregor's older brother take over the 'arranged marriage' deal, perhaps in a line or two in the epilogue? :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will Gregor's older brother take over the 'arranged marriage' deal, perhaps in a line or two in the epilogue? :P
Don't forget, Alexandra doesn't want to get married either. I suppose she might change her mind later, but right now...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Epilogue could cover a few decades, so it's possible. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Would he have made an appearance if we had taken a different route? The fact that Gregor has family running around kinda bugs me, because I would imagine that one of them would try to find the other at some point.

Maaaybe :P

So er... was Sarius's death ever going to be part of the plot, or was it just a framing device?

Can't tell.

Don't forget, Alexandra doesn't want to get married either. I suppose she might change her mind later, but right now...
Epilogue could cover a few decades, so it's possible. ^^^

Someone didn't read FEF2 chronology fluff :P
SigFlags!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why are the players part of the western coalition instead of the dominion for SciFEF?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 1249