Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 966 967 [968] 969 970 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841426 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread. Ninja chapter - where you DIE :3
« Reply #14505 on: October 26, 2013, 07:11:59 pm »

Hm, clever. So one unit rescues another, and someone teleports the both of them with a single use of the staff. Very nice!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14507 on: October 26, 2013, 07:15:26 pm »

Hmm. Who among that list, if any, can I rescue? I know Chris is pretty far down the list for Rescuing, but still. I could maybe help out.

Well, when we say Rescue, we generally mean Rescue Staff trade shenanigans, not physically carry and waste two net turns rescue.

Actually rescuing could now be feasible, if the Rescue staff can move a unit who is rescuing.

You're a freakin' genius.

'Specially judging' by that Haspen response.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14509 on: October 26, 2013, 07:52:42 pm »

Important note if you want Raquel to be killing anything - if I go after Estbrigg or Fang A, we risk losing their drop items, as Raquel is holding the maximum inventory limit of 5.  Tantallos should probably take his ring back before I go after Estbrigg - it looks like he can reach (10,23) or (9,22), and we don't need to worry as much about entering melee range since the Wyverns (excepting Estée) are using Short Spears and can counter his attacks no matter where he strikes from.  I don't need the additional 5 Speed - I outmatch Estée by 5 AS even without it, leaving a safe margin to double him.  Tantallos will need to give an item to someone else, though, since he's carrying 5 as well.  Alternately, someone else can move up and take the Hermes Ring, or I can trade it to Alex before moving if that's allowed (I can never keep the rules on trading straight, especially since they aren't spelled out in the handbook and were houseruled to a free action).

However, we'll want Derick forward to maximize Raquel's crit chance - with the Manakete's Dragon Scales applied to Wyvern Knights, she can do at most 42 damage (36-(10+5)x2) short of a crit (58% chance without Derick, rising to 79% with), which leaves him with 4 HP.  Tantallos can also one-shot most Wyverns, including Estée, once he has his ring, but runs into the same problem of inventory space along with the further issue of being unable to reach the enemy leader before that Brave Lance snipes someone painfully.  He can double and eliminate the Wyvern Knights without the ring, though.  We might want to hold Charlotte or someone else who can reach Estée in reserve long enough to confirm that he's down, though, in case Raquel is not favoured by the dice - I do not believe any of us wish to see a 34 AT guaranteed-double lance piercing the heavens right now. 

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14510 on: October 26, 2013, 11:22:23 pm »

Wow, those Wyverns really don't like me... And for good reason it appears! Go Edwin! If only I had more SPD to double those bastards...

I'm thinking I'll move to 10, 24 and blast Fang G to kill him, then Raquel can take it's place and wipe out C to clear the path for Alex to run down. Charlotte can move down the path 4 spaces to be able to land a shot on any of the wyverns, probably wiping out D or B, Valor can rescue Riven and Ami can move somewhere to rescue staff them both out at once...

And that's as far as I've got. Alex needs to haul ass and might have to rescue our resident Pegasus rider to make room for others, and I'm not sure what Gregor and the rest of the people in the corridor are going to be able to do to get outside that blue line of death...

Who is Ami going to trade the rescue staff to?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14511 on: October 26, 2013, 11:34:00 pm »

Can Derick escape the Zone of Death? If not, I'll have Gregor rescue him in preparation for inevitable petrification.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14512 on: October 27, 2013, 12:05:23 am »

I was about to mention Tantallos would need to ring back to double them.

Also am I the only one who types "I" instead of "he" or the name of the character by accident? Shit, I am becoming Tantallos.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14513 on: October 27, 2013, 12:41:22 am »

Also am I the only one who types "I" instead of "he" or the name of the character by accident? Shit, I am becoming Tantallos.

Nah, I do that too at times. I try not to however, but it does tend to be easier and gets the same point across so it's rather tempting.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14514 on: October 27, 2013, 01:20:07 am »

I'm actively trying to avoid it nowadays; I think I tended to slip up more before. 
*reads last post*
...OK, so I may still need to work on it.  It just looks weird when I flip back and forth in the back-to-back sentences. 

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14515 on: October 27, 2013, 02:08:54 pm »

Okay, Chris should probably crossbow Fang A from 10,27. All the Fangs are carrying spears or something, so range isn't a factor there, and that'll keep him out of range of the Sniper guard. Unless he has a longbow. He might, I forget.

Raquel should move to 11,25 to kill Estbrigg, but after Edwin first moves to 10,24 and attacks Fang C or D, after which Derick can move to 11, 22 (or 11,23 if Edwin erases Fang C) for delicious support goodness.

Charlotte has options. Lots of them. But she should move somewhere that Alex can follow her.

Anyone who can't get out of range of the staves should either be being carried, or be carrying someone.

End tactical ruminations.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14516 on: October 27, 2013, 02:13:05 pm »

I have no idea what to do this turn. I can't move many places but can easily kill a lot of things. If someone finds an enemy that would boost our movement most to kill (not Estbrigg) then do say.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14517 on: October 27, 2013, 02:25:37 pm »

I have no idea what to do this turn. I can't move many places but can easily kill a lot of things. If someone finds an enemy that would boost our movement most to kill (not Estbrigg) then do say.

That's likely going to be a Fang on the path, so either C or D.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14518 on: October 27, 2013, 05:40:15 pm »

Yeah, I'm just gonna stick around and give Charlotte a nice amount of invincibility :p

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14519 on: October 27, 2013, 07:22:20 pm »

I was about to mention Tantallos would need to ring back to double them.

Just following up, but you can feel free to take it from me by moving to either of the tiles indicated (probably (10,23) is better for your turn actions).  I can't move until enough room clears for Derick to move into support range of (10,24), and by moving up, you can take a swing at Fang C or G to help clear the path.  By doubling either of them, you should be able to remove them from the picture, and once both are down, those poor folk who don't have Levitation will be able to move more effectively.  Fang C is probably the better target of the two; removing it lets people move south without going through the woods.  There is the risk of walking into range of every single Fang, but we're all going to have to do it if we want to get out before reinforcements arrive. 
Pages: 1 ... 966 967 [968] 969 970 ... 1249