Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846391 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread. Final Battle soon v:!
« Reply #14865 on: November 18, 2013, 07:53:14 pm »

That all depends on Blade. There is nothing I can do to avoid being plotkilled. :P
Pay attention to the drinks being served right from the start?

"Oh boy Valor, your pouring me some wine? I love wine!"
"Haha yes can me and the wine glass get a moment alone please for reasons?"

Also potentially drinking close to Ami or Charlotte, since healing or vomiting might save you. ...Charlotte just seemed like the most likely to induce vomiting, dunno why. Combination of seriousness and not-seriousness, I suppose?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14866 on: November 18, 2013, 07:54:34 pm »

That all depends on Blade. There is nothing I can do to avoid being plotkilled. :P

Says you.

Chris would probably have the luck or experience to somehow counteract or detect the poison, Seyena wouldn't be able to survive Ernest if she tried.

And also, something tells me Ernest is... odd. Maybe something to do with the dragonstones? But I noticed a few things...

@Valor:
Ernest nodded, and then he began to get transparent, until he dissappeared completely.
There was no puppy, and no kid, at all.

@Valor:
Ernest went silent for a second, and then his eyes flashed slightly.

The flashing could be dismissed for anything, but the fact that the boy and the puppy(?) disappeared might mean it was an illusion?

I need to put something interesting here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14867 on: November 18, 2013, 08:07:59 pm »

Seyena wouldn't be able to survive Ernest if she tried.

That's kind of what I mean though. Valor isn't going to risk Seyena over some guy who he honestly doesn't know that well. The bigger question is why Chris? Losing him isn't really going to cripple the group. The only thing he can do mechanically that no one else can is open doors in a single turn. As for character-wise, sure, he gets along OK with everybody, but again, losing him isn't going to be as big a blow to the rest like it would be if it were Gregor that got poisoned. So... why Chris? Is Ernest really that scared of him? O.o
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14868 on: November 18, 2013, 08:16:35 pm »

So... why Chris? Is Ernest really that scared of him? O.o

Maybe he is, scared of Chris getting to a level of skill to be able to kill him, Sith apprentice style. Maybe it's the fact that he's constantly following Gregor around like some sort of guardian angel. If he kills Chris, he also manages to damage Gregor's esteem, because Chris usually has a large hand in influencing Gregor and his decisions, and Chris is pretty much the only one in the group that even knows the definition of the word covert, and Ernest wants to try assassinating Gregor, or sabotaging the group in other ways, and knows it wouldn't work flawlessly with Chris.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14869 on: November 18, 2013, 08:17:12 pm »

The flashing could be dismissed for anything, but the fact that the boy and the puppy(?) disappeared might mean it was an illusion?
I still regret not being able to question Arvis about glowing eyes.

There's a lot of possible explanations for the puppy and vanishing. Puppy noises probably wouldn't have been hard to fake for someone like him, and he was pretty distracted to the urchin might have just slipped away.

Alternatively, shapechanging hypno-dopplechameleon.

That's kind of what I mean though. Valor isn't going to risk Seyena over some guy who he honestly doesn't know that well. The bigger question is why Chris? Losing him isn't really going to cripple the group. The only thing he can do mechanically that no one else can is open doors in a single turn. As for character-wise, sure, he gets along OK with everybody, but again, losing him isn't going to be as big a blow to the rest like it would be if it were Gregor that got poisoned. So... why Chris? Is Ernest really that scared of him? O.o
Maybe because he's a spy and his former pupil/minion? I mean, if a mage was going to try to weaken a group, it might make sense for them to try to take out their counterpart mage amongst the enemy, who was also their former underling before betraying them. Makes less sense in terms of priority targets or even specialty (you'd expect an assassin to be good at not getting assassinated, and a mage to be resistant to magery), but it might make a lot of sense in terms of meta-countering (now we have no one who knows how Ernest thinks), cleaning up after himself, exacting revenge, and so on.

Alternatively, he just considers you the subtlest and thus most dangerous to leave around. If Gregor and Alex are still alive, they're not going to be able to do much except by charging the front door. If Chris is alive, you're never going to know where he is or what he's doing, which means Prixima (or anyone important, himself included) might just suddenly drop dead one day. Really can't have that.

Ninja'd by Sith duels.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14870 on: November 18, 2013, 08:19:05 pm »

Those are fair points.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14871 on: November 18, 2013, 08:20:20 pm »

What if Ernest is actually a shapeshifting hell demon who disappears for two-hundred years after the events of the game, only to reemerge from his underhell coil as an unassuming mime?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14872 on: November 18, 2013, 08:20:25 pm »

@Ernest Unusual: Not overly surprised by this. I mean, magic that summons meteorites, high winds, leeching death magic, conjuring creatures out of thin air, yet no illusionary magic? Add to the fact the dragonstones and Prixima's presumably vast library of magical tomes... Not entirely surprised.

@SC: Possibly? Chris is the best one to counter Ernest's plots. Without Chris, you're looking at a team that wouldn't know a shadow from a crossbow. I wouldn't be surprised if Chris' presence is what's been keeping the team from being harried by actual assassins for all this time.

Fake Edit: Ninja'ed

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14873 on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:40 pm »

Pfft, you guys already encountered mass-produced-illusions-courtesy-of-Kesselring once. It's the same mechanism, really :3

So many ninjas tonight.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14874 on: November 18, 2013, 08:23:33 pm »

Pfft, you guys already encountered mass-produced-illusions-courtesy-of-Kesselring once. It's the same mechanism, really :3
I'd actually totally forgotten about those.

So yes, problem solved! Not bizarre mystery magic after all.
He's still a mindwarping dopplechameleon.

So many ninjas tonight.
See? Assassins draw out assassins. :P

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14875 on: November 18, 2013, 08:24:32 pm »

Oooh yeah, those orbs. I forget, did we pocket one of those? I think we had the idea to, but can't remember anything more.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14876 on: November 18, 2013, 08:41:35 pm »

Wait, wait, what? What orbs?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14877 on: November 18, 2013, 08:49:10 pm »

Back in the castle with the crushing walls and the advancing enemy reinforcements. We figured out that both were caused by glass orbs that we then smashed, dispelling the illusion.

Presumably we checked around and did not find any additional orbs. Or maybe we found one but didn't figure out how to use it or even if it was magical, then promptly forgot about it? Most likely the former.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14879 on: November 18, 2013, 09:13:56 pm »

haspen make anja come back so i have things to post about pls
Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 1249