Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841232 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Final Chapter begins!
« Reply #15840 on: December 15, 2013, 09:55:19 pm »

I'm waiting for a heal before I go anywhere. That sage could sneeze on me right now and I'd get knocked down >_>

But yeah, having another person able to take down the sage in case Gregor misses an attack would probably help.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15841 on: December 15, 2013, 09:58:41 pm »

No hit, so it would probably be optimal if Chris waited to see if you killed him then crossbow him if you didn't (the same thing we're doing with the druids).

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15842 on: December 15, 2013, 10:08:58 pm »

Wait. Does using a staff disarm you like I thought it did? If so, Gregor can just go execute the sage without incident, barring a dodge. With just Daunt, he's at 77% hit chance.

Nope, Hasp changed that a while back (mostly so that Ami wasn't completely helpless and would switch to her axe when hit).

I was going to say that Chris could support, but he doesn't provide much of anything in the way of res or eva to Gregor. Charlotte can't support because, if Raquel agrees, they're gonna solve the Hell problem.
I can, but this will be rather amusing for them to watch.  The wrong side of the triangle, my personal fault, and my low HP are all going to work against me on this, not to mention my lack of supports.  While I might connect at a hit rate of 52% for the Killer Thunder or 67% for the regular Thunder, I would be quite surprised if I managed anything else beyond getting myself blasted off my feet again. 

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #15843 on: December 15, 2013, 10:10:42 pm »

@Culise: I was wanting to comment on that, but decided to hold my say. I was going to do one of those '"fan art" things for it. :v

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15844 on: December 15, 2013, 10:11:28 pm »

@Culise: I was wanting to comment on that, but decided to hold my say. I was going to do one of those '"fan art" things for it. :v
Do eet.  It's funny. ^_^
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:16:45 pm by Culise »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15845 on: December 15, 2013, 10:14:00 pm »

I can, but this will be rather amusing for them to watch.  The wrong side of the triangle, my personal fault, and my low HP are all going to work against me on this, not to mention my lack of supports.  While I might connect at a hit rate of 52% for the Killer Thunder or 67% for the regular Thunder, I would be quite surprised if I managed anything else beyond getting myself blasted off my feet again.

For some reason, I thought we figured out they couldn't retaliate with Hell. This was kind of central to my plan.

Haspen, confirmation?

Also, if it's too difficult, you could always go with the other team, and I could have Riven or Tant solve the druid problem with me.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:15:43 pm by freeformschooler »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15846 on: December 15, 2013, 10:15:22 pm »

For some reason, I thought we figured out they couldn't retaliate with Hell. This was kind of central to my plan.

Haspen, confirmation?
They can't retaliate with Hell, but the Fenrir that Druid C has equipped is perfectly capable of knocking me out.  It already did it once, after all. :D

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15847 on: December 15, 2013, 10:19:16 pm »

Well then, let Tantallos take him down with Luna. His RES will mean nothing.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15848 on: December 15, 2013, 10:19:52 pm »

Haspen, confirmation?
They can't retaliate with Hell, but the Fenrir that Druid C has equipped is perfectly capable of knocking me out.  It already did it once, after all. :D

Oh, damn. That IS bad, then.

Here's an alternate proposal:

Personal Fault: Testing Limits: If a ranged unit attacks the character, it will keep attacking this same enemy until one of them reaches zero HP or the enemy exits the attack range.
Personal Skill: Vampiric Aura: If the character’s HP is lower than 40%, lifesteal will be granted as half his attack damage until he reaches 50% of his HP or more.

Let's have Tantallos take care of Druid C in your place. Either he dies or the druid dies, but either way, we can help him back up, and the druid goes down.

Well then, let Tantallos take him down with Luna. His RES will mean nothing.

Oooh, that makes it even better.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15849 on: December 15, 2013, 10:31:58 pm »

@Culise: I was wanting to comment on that, but decided to hold my say. I was going to do one of those shitty pictures for it. :v
Do eet.  It's funny. ^_^
+1
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15850 on: December 15, 2013, 10:43:02 pm »

Sounds good, then.  I'm thinking of moving to (10,19), where I can support Derick should he attack the Sage (instead of Gregor) and also heal Marpa.  Will we be blocking off the eastern side of the hallway this turn to ensure that they can't sneak through, or should I move a touch more cautiously? 

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15851 on: December 15, 2013, 11:11:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So this is what I do for an hour on finales week. Not update my game, not study, but make terrible, unfunny fanart over an imaginary situation. i r gewd @ time management. :v

Nothing meant by it FFS, the situation just amused me too much.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15852 on: December 16, 2013, 12:41:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So this is what I do for an hour on finales week. Not update my game, not study, but make terrible, unfunny fanart over an imaginary situation. i r gewd @ time management. :v

Nothing meant by it FFS, the situation just amused me too much.
It made me giggle quite a bit.  As for finals week, stress relief is good for the soul.  I spent several hours today playing Cataclysm for the first time instead of studying fluid dynamics for my own final. ^_^

At any rate, I also put in the move to keep things moving and free room for the plan.  By moving there, Raquel should be safe enough to not require healing this turn, since anyone going after Sage A will block off General E, Tantallos and Charlotte should be able to eliminate Druid C, and Bishop C has a poor chance of hitting.  If it ends up being Derick that goes after Sage A, I'll be able to lend my crit-support to him as well, while still being in position to move west should he go after Bishop C instead.  Well, unless the Thunder Sage or Bishop get lucky, but we can't fret too much about that. 

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15853 on: December 16, 2013, 12:48:56 am »

True. To be fair, Mr. Fancy Cat is technically wrong. Charlotte did exactly what she said she'd do. :v

EDIT: I just realized that the insides of the lettering is still white. This bugs me.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 12:53:23 am by Xanmyral »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15854 on: December 16, 2013, 01:21:08 am »

I'm thinking of having Gregor go after the sage primarily because of the general and archers behind him. I don't think Derick can even tickle the general at this point (though I haven't checked the stats), and he'd be on the wrong end of the triangle. Gregor can at least go toe-to-toe with the general, has better DEF, and I believe he has enough attack power to at least scratch the enemy.

Of course its mostly up to Furtuka at this point, since I can't move anywhere without getting some extra HP.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 1249