Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846607 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Bad Rolls and Explosions
« Reply #16125 on: January 05, 2014, 10:51:07 am »

I'm waiting on Culise to tell me what to do. :X I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to suicide rush those guards/rogue or not. Guess I'll just figure something out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16126 on: January 05, 2014, 10:52:44 am »

C'mon dude, we can't rely on Culise for everything :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16127 on: January 05, 2014, 10:55:51 am »

It just seemed like he had two different plans for Chris and I was waiting to see which one he wanted to use. In lieu of that, though, I decided to give Ami support bonuses. :P

(Also, apologies if you're female, Culise; I just use male pronouns for people until I know better.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16128 on: January 05, 2014, 10:59:57 am »

Okay, so if we want to keep to the plan, Raquel and Tantallos can move southeast and southwest of Ernest, respectively, then attack him. If either hit, they'll do decent damage.

A single Killer Thunder crit should take Ernest down, but it has to hit in the first place. If Derick moves closer (say, 2 N 1 W), that's an extra +10 hit and +20 crit. The other swordsman should trigger Raquel's PS, making her final Hit with killer thunder 115+10+15-83=57, and her final crit rate 40+10+20-23=47. Welp.

Worm has the highest hit rate of all Tantallos' stuff, so unless Chris comes around to boost by +5, his hit rate will be 141-83=58. The extra +2 to damage from his PS should make a big difference.

It just seemed like he had two different plans for Chris and I was waiting to see which one he wanted to use. In lieu of that, though, I decided to give Ami support bonuses. :P

(Also, apologies if you're female, Culise; I just use male pronouns for people until I know better.)

Culise is an anime girl in real life until disproven.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16129 on: January 05, 2014, 11:11:36 am »

Culise is an anime girl in real life with mechapunk arm until disproven.

FTFY
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16130 on: January 05, 2014, 11:17:11 am »

Problem is, if Derick moves back to help Raquel take out Ernest, we lose a lot of fighting potential down south. Don't forget we have more bad guys on the way and the two rogues we want to eliminate quickish.

Just throwing that out there. We can either try to take Ernest down more quickly or continue to push south, but it will be very difficult to do both at the same time.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16131 on: January 05, 2014, 11:37:31 am »

Culise is an anime girl in real life with mechapunk arm until disproven.

FTFY

I'm fairly certain Culise said he was male, some time back.

Weren't we all discussing our ages, or something?
I need to put something interesting here.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #16132 on: January 05, 2014, 02:07:18 pm »

I think so? I remember that being said too.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16133 on: January 05, 2014, 02:52:15 pm »

I don't recall that, but I don't especially mind which pronouns people use to refer to me.  Male or female, either is fine.  I find it much easier that way, usually, and occasionally amusing as well. ^_^

Riven already moved a Gargoyle to (7,17), which is OK, but runs the potential risk that its corpse can't block movement.  Still, that doesn't really matter since we have no one left to hold (7,18) except Tantallos, which means he can't attack Ernest; taking out the Gargoyle lets Ernest through to attack anyone on that side (Edwin, Dag, and Tantallos right now; potentially also including Mannan and Ami depending on how Tantallos moves), and even if (7,18) is occupied, lets him hit whoever is sitting there.  I would have preferred Edwin move to (7,18) and attempt to sleep Swordmaster D in order to incapacitate, but a successful hit had he not had that terrible luck would have still reduced the Swordmaster's HP to one-hit range and we will want to save at least some charges on that Sleep stave for the final confrontation with the Great and Wonderful Prixie, so I can understand why he attacked.  I think right now, we need to pull back Derick and Raquel as well.  We can't afford to let Ernest get through, and we can't hold him at the choke point anymore without sacrificing attacks in the process.  I recommend that we make that effort nonetheless by moving Tantallos to block Ernest's movements and pulling Raquel and Derick back, even if it means sacrificing the sacred weapons.  I don't like Marpa's chances of survival, though; I wish I could heal her, but I don't think we can manage that and survive against Ernest. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16134 on: January 05, 2014, 02:58:06 pm »

I think we've got enough people on Ernest right now. Just focus on bringing down that Swordmaster this turn with ranged magic and we should be okay. Remember that Ernest can only ever take down one character per turn; it doesn't matter how ludicrous his damage, hit chance, and crit chance are, that is his maximum and it is well within our capabilities to treat. In fact, having the walls knocked down is a good thing as there is no way he can block off access to a downed character, meaning that we can actually rush him to ranged-attack from all sides.

I want whatever is in those chests, dammit.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16135 on: January 05, 2014, 11:18:55 pm »

I agree, we have to stop those rogues! Anyone who isn't going to fight Ernest should head to the chests and clean up there. Also, they can head off the reinforcements coming up the stairs (one of which is a druid!).

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16136 on: January 06, 2014, 12:09:33 am »

Pitting Raquel against a Druid...this sounds familiar.  Right, then, the southward route it is.  Try not to die horribly, everyone.  Or at least, not permanently. ^_^

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16137 on: January 06, 2014, 12:45:30 am »

Changed my mind. Luckily there's been nothing that requires Haspen to actually process the turn, so changing the action is free to do. :3 Anyway, I guess I'll stick around down south. As much as I'd like Chris to be the one to kill Ernest, I honestly don't think he has any chance of doing so, it would be kind of a dick move to be like 'OK everyone he's weak now sit around and let me do this', and you guys want more people to fight down there so I might as well go help out.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #16138 on: January 06, 2014, 01:01:23 am »

I'm putting imaginary E-Buks on the table that more reinforcements will show up in three turns, in the east.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16139 on: January 06, 2014, 01:03:49 am »

You erase that crap right now, Xan. No giving the GM ideas!

Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 1249