Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841494 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: MANRIKA EMERGES FROM THE FOREST
« Reply #16260 on: January 14, 2014, 12:07:54 pm »

I'm betting that with a bit of ingenuity death doesn't mean much to being stone powered. At least, if the corpse is fresh enough, perhaps. Maybe Torres got his soul forced back into his body with the stone, except only barely, if even that, under his control. All of the expertise of life, all of the obedience of undeath.

Poor bastard.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16261 on: January 14, 2014, 12:11:31 pm »

I'm betting that with a bit of ingenuity death doesn't mean much to being stone powered. At least, if the corpse is fresh enough, perhaps. Maybe Torres got his soul forced back into his body with the stone, except only barely, if even that, under his control. All of the expertise of life, all of the obedience of undeath.

Poor bastard.

Well... If he does, we'll at least get the chance to thank him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16262 on: January 15, 2014, 04:25:56 am »

You know, I have to wonder about chainsleeping those rogues. At this range, couldn't we just dispose of them permanently?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16263 on: January 15, 2014, 04:37:17 am »

Well, I don't see anyone doing anything about them! HINT HINT.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16264 on: January 15, 2014, 04:53:31 am »

I was considering walking over and clubbing Rogue A, but I'm not sure what everyone else is doing and I haven't done the calcs on whether that'd dispose of him and at what odds.

EDIT:

Grumble grumble, did the calcs. Rogues have the following stats:

Battle Stats (Silver Knife):
AT: 24
Hit: 140
AS: 19
Eva: 53
Crt: 12
DG: 15

HP: 33
DEF: 9
RES: 9

Riven has an 80% chance to hit for 25 damage, and cannot double or crit them.

On the bright side, they're actually so pathetic that they can't finish off my phantoms in one round (barring a crit). I could actually tie them up just by plopping one in front of the door.

In fact, I think I should do that. The only downsides being that then they could rough up Riven directly, and that we'd lose our precious Cha Totem in the Hallway of Many Mooks and the Zombie Spymaster's Super Fun Box of Stabs.

EDIT2: Ninja KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:03:59 am by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16265 on: January 15, 2014, 10:46:25 am »

Raquel could have done it trivially by doubling them (26 damage, 77% base chance to hit with +10% each from Charisma and Derick), but either way works, I suppose.  This frees me up to heal Chris, so it works out.

EDIT: Oh, and it doesn't even matter that the Sleep staff broke.  Tantallos can Call Sleep now, and with one more level, so can Edwin and Raquel.  ^_^

EDIT EDIT:
Essentially, Derick can do 22 damage base with a 75% chance of getting a crit per hit on two hits total - in other words, he would have to get very unlucky to fail to kill Axeman G.  I recommend that he does so only after Riven moves and summons a critter to go after the rogues (I don't recommend Riven does it herself), so that she can keep (14,24) covered with Charisma.  There's some concern about him getting hit; with Charisma and supports, he only has a 20% chance of getting hit by a Tomahawk, but if it happens twice on two separate attacks, we'd all end up in trouble since there's no real margin for safety in the south. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:19:22 pm by Culise »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16266 on: January 15, 2014, 12:27:36 pm »

culise moves from uberstrategist ooc to ic

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16267 on: January 15, 2014, 12:43:47 pm »

Oh Irony, you so funny...  :P

Yeah, it's good that I'm getting sleep next level I think. Gotta love call magic! :D

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16268 on: January 15, 2014, 01:17:47 pm »

culise moves from uberstrategist ooc to ic
Heh, I actually considered it a couple chapters ago, but I always worry that posting stuff like that might be seen as a little pushy on my part.  With the way Haspen keeps ramping up, though, that kind of concern fell by the wayside in favour of simple survival.  Thankfully, right now, I don't really need to post too many pontifications.  There isn't much room for fancy tricks in the south, and we don't need to worry about Ernest being more than a nuisance unless he pulls out another trick (say, reversing that little "teleport" stunt by warping out after grabbing a random person)...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16269 on: January 15, 2014, 01:30:57 pm »

say, reversing that little "teleport" stunt by warping out after grabbing a random person...

Oooooooh.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16270 on: January 15, 2014, 01:36:43 pm »

...oopsie.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16271 on: January 15, 2014, 01:41:57 pm »

RULE ZERO RULE ZERO RULE ZERO

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #16272 on: January 15, 2014, 01:46:31 pm »

Have I mentioned how nice it is with people like Culise doing tactics? If not, I'll mention it now.

Its really nice.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16273 on: January 15, 2014, 02:16:26 pm »

Slight flaw in that plan: Marpa is a Cha Totem also. I really don't know how you people didn't already have that skill before I joined. :P

That said, summoning is still more effective against the rogues and probably preferable to gumming up the choke, so now Marpa's Charisma'd as well.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16274 on: January 15, 2014, 04:09:17 pm »

say, reversing that little "teleport" stunt by warping out after grabbing a random person...

Oooooooh.

Ha. Suckers.
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087 ... 1249