Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841488 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Derick is a demon. DEMON I SAY!
« Reply #16995 on: March 06, 2014, 05:28:46 pm »

Dat damage :3
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16996 on: March 06, 2014, 05:30:26 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16997 on: March 06, 2014, 05:37:18 pm »

Hahahaha. Also nice pun with the druids :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16998 on: March 06, 2014, 05:41:59 pm »

Say, actually...let's see.  Killer Thunder has 119 Hit.  Countered with his 72 EVA + Daunt, and combined with bonuses from Nouma (don't touch that last Druid yet), Derick's support, and a Sharpness from Edwin, Raquel can hit a 97% chance to hit with Killer Thunder at 50% chance to crit for 87 damage.  After that, Tantallos can Call Fire to finish the job, or Dag can do it should Miracle kick in. 

And he can't hit her back.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16999 on: March 06, 2014, 05:42:53 pm »

Huh. Culise, why'd you cancel your attack if you have such good odds?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17000 on: March 06, 2014, 05:43:15 pm »

Huh. Culise, why'd you cancel your attack if you have such good odds?
I would need Sharpness.  Without it, I only have a 67% chance to hit.  The biggest concern is that it basically focuses both of our Sages on one attack; the alternative plan would be to have Raquel and Edwin both use Sharpness on two people, who then get two attacks.  I'm still gaming through those possibilities. 

EDIT:
OK, of our available players, Tantallos, Edwin, and Riven are out of range, leaving Charlotte and Gregor as our available alternatives to Raquel.  Charlotte can get a guaranteed hit (113%) with Sharpness and Gregor, even through Daunt, but can at most do 24 damage with a 44% chance at crit through her Killer Bow (drat pillars and their lack of defensive boosts).  Gregor also is forced to go up against his strong protection stat (DEF), and also has to worry about being in range.  That said, he can get a guaranteed hit with Sharpness and Charlotte, along with Sworn Protector triggering.  He would do 12 damage or 36 on a crit (46% chance), then take the counter-attack, which will be significant but not devastating in spite of being doubled.  Dag and Mannan are our alternatives, but putting Sharpness on them creates a situation where Aaron gets a free move.  He didn't actually move at all last turn, but I would not bet on that continuing.

Basically, Raquel can hurt him (29 damage) and has a coin-flip's chance at one-shotting him in return for two actions (Edwin + Raquel); that also leaves our others free to make less-accurate follow-through attacks.  On the flip side, we can take four actions (Edwin + Raquel + Charlotte + Gregor) to go for 20 damage with a 20% chance of putting him in negatives. 

...hmmm.  Does that summary seem accurate?  It's fundamentally reliant on my maths not being completely wrong, which is a bit of a fool's bet.  And that's my last edit, hopefully. ^_^

OK, one last edit.  Raquel does have a chance at missing altogether, and given how entertainingly the dice can dance, I wouldn't rule it out. ^_^
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:12:55 pm by Culise »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17001 on: March 06, 2014, 06:15:23 pm »

Holy crap that damage. Last time we had someone do that much damage they exploded/ceased to exist entirely in a flash of light.

EDIT: Wow, that has to be hard on Marpa. Isn't Aaron her husband? And he was practically called a dead meat puppet in front of her? And now she's going to watch his body be stabbed and burned to ashes? Shesh.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:26:11 pm by Xanmyral »

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17002 on: March 06, 2014, 06:26:27 pm »

EDIT: Wow, that has to be hard on Marpa. Isn't Aaron her husband? And he was practically called a dead meat puppet in front of her? Shesh.

Oh, wow, and I thought they were just buddy-buddy.

Jeez, poor Marpa.
I need to put something interesting here.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17003 on: March 06, 2014, 06:28:18 pm »

Yeah, that's pretty dark. Hopefully Charlotte and Gregor don't start drawing parallels here.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17004 on: March 06, 2014, 06:30:07 pm »

Holy crap that damage. Last time we had someone do that much damage they exploded/ceased to exist entirely in a flash of light.

EDIT: Wow, that has to be hard on Marpa. Isn't Aaron her husband? And he was practically called a dead meat puppet in front of her? Shesh.

I think it'd be worse if he was doing this of his free will. Not that the whole dead meat puppet husband thing isn't terrible.

In any case, I have no real suggestions.

Yeah, that's pretty dark. Hopefully Charlotte and Gregor don't start drawing parallels here.

I think one of them would have to get wasted before they could be necromanced and thrown at us.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17005 on: March 06, 2014, 06:32:48 pm »

I want to point something out: You know that terrible death 48 damage crit that KILLS ALL? Alex would survive that.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17006 on: March 06, 2014, 06:33:45 pm »

Nah, the absolute worst would probably be forced will in my opinion. Being a dead meat puppet means he not only isn't aware of what happened/is happening, but also isn't in control. Doing it of his own free will can at least allow for some out that perhaps he wasn't always that great of a person.

If he was forced but still conscious, still in there, and this was known, then that's something else entirely. Aware but unable to stop it. You can't say he isn't himself anymore, because he's still in there. You can't say he isn't who he was, because he's forced.

@PM: You'd survive most hits. Hell, you have a slim chance of surviving a hit of a hundred damage if you get lucky on your skill roll.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17008 on: March 06, 2014, 06:52:09 pm »

He's probably not a dead meat puppet. Notice how his sword hand's shaking. He doesn't want to hurt Marpa.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17009 on: March 06, 2014, 06:54:01 pm »

That was Marpa's hand FFS :/
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 1249