Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1180 1181 [1182] 1183 1184 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841329 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: CRITICAL HUE REACHED!!
« Reply #17715 on: April 02, 2014, 04:34:58 pm »

@Gamerboy: You can put Valor down for charisma bonuses to the group v:

@freeformschooler: I really tried to make my own rose but half of the attempts turned out horrible (and other half weren't even roses) so I had to take Candy's rose instead. If you have issues with it I will then remove it and replace with a bar or something :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17716 on: April 02, 2014, 05:40:04 pm »

Haspen, yah forgot Sal's support bonus with Seyena on his attack. Didn't matter in the end though.

Also, I wish those weapons dropped. I want that mace. Or a weapon with an MT above ten, really. Not like having a high weight would matter much with Sal, only thing that doesn't double him are the druids. :v

Also also, dammit. Sword and board will be harder to do because someone will have to pick-drop Anja so Sal can pick-drop Matilda elsewhere.

And we're up against benediction, and that's gonna suck. As a corollary, I'll have little to absolutely no access to internet from Friday to late Sunday this week.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17717 on: April 02, 2014, 06:36:41 pm »

@freeformschooler: I really tried to make my own rose but half of the attempts turned out horrible (and other half weren't even roses) so I had to take Candy's rose instead. If you have issues with it I will then remove it and replace with a bar or something :v

no i love it

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17718 on: April 02, 2014, 06:42:16 pm »

Well, I think it is high time for B Team to run away. Run north, specifically. You'll want to spread out the midbosses a bit so you don't fight them all at once, and considering one of them is a general he'll quickly fall behind. Plus the Pegasus riders are probably the least threatening thing on the map right now for physical weapon users.

Does Matilda have wind magic? Don't forget that that is effective against fliers, though they will likely have high RES.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17719 on: April 02, 2014, 06:49:49 pm »

omg hahaha let me do a number crunch and laugh at the peggie riders.
Falcoknights can't touch me, ever, eveerrrrrr! neheheheHEHEHEHEhehehe. Or the valkyries!
...but alexander will never ever understand what it is to hit a pegasus, mainly because they have 60 evasion.
Gleip can do me 24 damage-- if i had even half my health i could survive him, at least until the poison hit.
June can do me, um... 44 damage, assuming no Pure Water. With pure water, it's just 24.
Silverio can of course down me even in one hit, with 58 damage.
The wyverns can deal me ten damage. And they have 40 evasion.

haspen did you actually calculate the enemy evasions
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:58:40 pm by Powder Miner »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17720 on: April 02, 2014, 07:05:29 pm »

Effective weapons is x3 the MT of the weapon, not total damage, thankfully. You're looking at 49 DAM - Your DEF.

I think Salvatore is meant to be Silvaro's counter, considering his high defense (if he had 30 defense and wielded a spear, he'd take no damage from the guy) and not being armored. As is, if he faced him with a spear, he'd just take four damage, but two hits so eight.

I'm thinking Seyena is to be June's counter. We should probably save the pure water (just one last drop after all) for that.

We don't really have a counter for Gleip, sadly. The only one of us who does any meaningful damage against the guy is Sal, but his weapons are crud so that's not much. We may have to rely on Tiron and Matilda to kill him.

I also cast a curious gaze at his EVA, unless I'm mistaken it should be 49 [18x2 + 13 == 36 + 13 == 49]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:11:49 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17721 on: April 02, 2014, 07:16:00 pm »

We can probably all gang up on Gleip. And hopefully we'll get another level or two before we have to properly engage him. I should've sold that worthless armorslayer...

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17722 on: April 02, 2014, 07:17:14 pm »

I hope we gain a few more than just one or two, they're fifteen levels above our lowest level PC. Speaking as the lowest level PC, I cast a "would like it" on the runestone, unless its needed elsewhere, which may very well be the case honestly.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:19:31 pm by Xanmyral »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17723 on: April 02, 2014, 07:18:15 pm »

Effective weapons is x3 the MT of the weapon, not total damage, thankfully. You're looking at 49 DAM - Your DEF.

I think Salvatore is meant to be Silvaro's counter, considering his high defense (if he had 30 defense and wielded a spear, he'd take no damage from the guy) and not being armored. As is, if he faced him with a spear, he'd just take four damage, but two hits so eight.

I'm thinking Seyena is to be June's counter. We should probably save the pure water (just one last drop after all) for that.

We don't really have a counter for Gleip, sadly. The only one of us who does any meaningful damage against the guy is Sal, but his weapons are crud so that's not much. We may have to rely on Tiron and Matilda to kill him.

I also cast a curious gaze at his EVA, unless I'm mistaken it should be 49 [18x2 + 13 == 36 + 13 == 49]
Sal does meaningful damage?
Alex guards Sal, then Sal can avoid being murdered by Gleip while Alex reels.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17724 on: April 02, 2014, 07:21:40 pm »

Meaningful damage here means six, which is admittedly only marginally better than three, but is better than the tied-for-third-place of No Damage. :v

Only Sal and Alex can actually hurt the dude right now.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17725 on: April 02, 2014, 07:23:22 pm »

are we actually supposed to be literally able to kill these guys
is there a plot key or something somewhere

or is haspen trying to make sure we literally cannot win?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17726 on: April 02, 2014, 07:26:12 pm »

Wait, I was wrong! Valor can do one damage with his killer edge if he's within Seyena's support. :v

So yeah, I'm thinking the plan of 'book it north' Sirus gave is sounding better and better by the second.

As for Gleip, I think we're meant to protect the mages and hope they're useful in killing him. Because they're the only way he's gonna die quick.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17727 on: April 02, 2014, 07:28:51 pm »

I hope we gain a few more than just one or two, they're fifteen levels above our lowest level PC.

I'd like another six or so. Pretty sure if I had those I could get S rank with Seyena.

Though all of my options as far as Character Skills go would be pretty garbage. If I do get that, I'll likely wind up grabbing Miracle, so I'd have a roughly 10 percent chance to not eat it when I might otherwise.

Meaningful damage here means six, which is admittedly only marginally better than three, but is better than the tied-for-third-place of No Damage. :v

Only Sal and Alex can actually hurt the dude right now.

FUCK.

Fakeedit: Oh, I can contribute. Whoo.

are we actually supposed to be literally able to kill these guys
is there a plot key or something somewhere

or is haspen trying to make sure we literally cannot win?

Maybe Shimnir will come back and be annoying.

Divide and Conquer might still work. If we run like bitches as Sirus suggested, There'll probably be a turn or so between each mid-boss, depending on how far we leg it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17728 on: April 02, 2014, 07:30:58 pm »

Well, we can't really leg it out of the way completely. The wyvern riders can get us, and most certainly Seyena and Valor, and if we leg it we'll have to rescue the NPCs to do so or else they'll bite it too. I'm personally thinking the room with the columns.

Pft, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:42:51 pm by Xanmyral »

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17729 on: April 02, 2014, 08:29:58 pm »

I just looked at the stats, noticed something.

Compared to both the Valkyrie and Falcoknight enemies, Seyena is better in nearly aspect save for MAG and LCK, which is fortunate, I guess.

Still, with her lightest weapon, the iron lance (8 WT) provides her with only 59 EVA, compared to the Valkyrie (13 WT and 64 EVA) and Falcoknight (13 WT and 60 EVA) her evasion is a bit lower than theirs. Factor in Seyena's heaviest weapon, the Glaive (14 WT) she gets 51 EVA.

If I can find the handbook somewhere in my downloads folder, I'll crunch the numbers myself and see if I'm actually correct in saying they have high EVA.
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 ... 1180 1181 [1182] 1183 1184 ... 1249