Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846693 times)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: CRITICAL HUE REACHED!!
« Reply #17731 on: April 02, 2014, 08:39:50 pm »

Luck is a pretty weighty factor in evade. Which no one seems to care about.

i need to stop ignoring luck if it gives that much of a boost
I need to put something interesting here.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17732 on: April 02, 2014, 08:41:21 pm »

Every point of Spd increases Eva by 2, every point of Luk increases Eva by 1, and every point of Wt over your limit decreases Eva by 2.

The formal formula for Eva is:

(AS * 2) + LUK

The formula for AS is:

(SPD - [Weapon Weight - {CON + Proficiency Bonus}]). Any Negative counts as 0.

So the total formula for Eva is:

(2 * (SPD - [Weapon Weight - {CON + Proficiency Bonus}])) + LUK
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17733 on: April 02, 2014, 08:44:42 pm »

Every point of Spd increases Eva by 2, every point of Luk increases Eva by 1, and every point of Wt over your limit decreases Eva by 2.

The formal formula for Eva is:

(AS * 2) + LUK

The formula for AS is:

(SPD - [Weapon Weight - {CON + Proficiency Bonus}]). Any Negative counts as 0.

So the total formula for Eva is:

(2 * (SPD - [Weapon Weight - {CON + Proficiency Bonus}])) + LUK

Aaaaand now I've learned two things:

1: I'm wrong.

2: LCK is very worthwhile as a stat.

* Gamerboy4life prepares for Seyena's inevitable plotkill for questioning the almighty Haspen

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17735 on: April 02, 2014, 08:53:35 pm »

You'll never get me to think of Luck as anything other than a dump stat. :P Well, maybe the changes to percent chance skills might...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17736 on: April 02, 2014, 09:00:40 pm »

You'll never get me to think of Luck as anything other than a dump stat. :P Well, maybe the changes to percent chance skills might...

>:I

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17737 on: April 02, 2014, 09:22:22 pm »

Aw, don't give me that look. You're free to indulge in Luck as much as you'd like, I'm not stopping you. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17738 on: April 02, 2014, 09:24:22 pm »

I keep seeing the little ships on SC's avatar as a cross between a fraggle and a tribble
It's FEF, not FEOF

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17739 on: April 02, 2014, 09:26:47 pm »

Frabbles perhaps? As long as they're small, cute, probably fur-covered creatures I don't see a problem. :P

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17740 on: April 02, 2014, 10:05:22 pm »

If I'm going for a build where I want to dodge blows, Luck is something I'm gonna put points in.

I stopped thinking luck was bad the moment I tried to remove it, as it also taught me why it only gives 1/2 per point of luck to HIT. After all, Hit has a base, evasion does not. If one makes the growth of HIT the same as Evasion, then one will find an overall lack of dodging due to it already starting on a lesser foot than Hit, and if Hit has the same growth it becomes impossible for it to keep up.

That isn't to say that you won't dodge anything, the growth with Luck is still minute(ish), but you would find things weighted slightly more in the favor of being hit and hitting than dodging.

But to be honest, once again, unless I want to either boost my Hit by a smidgen more, or focus on dodging, I'm good not putting points in luck. Why boost luck (thus evasion) on a build you don't plan on evading hits in and don't care about critical hits, after all? Its a good thing to have on a build you plan on evading hits however, that little boost can mean a lot.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17741 on: April 02, 2014, 10:21:15 pm »

An interesting char concept I have is Resolve, skill based soldier general-- focused not on being actually too tanky (though he'd have some amount of tank), but on being an offensive monster and BLOCKING EVERYTHING

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17742 on: April 02, 2014, 11:28:01 pm »

An interesting char concept I have is Resolve, skill based soldier general-- focused not on being actually too tanky (though he'd have some amount of tank), but on being an offensive monster and BLOCKING EVERYTHING

Isn't there a blueprint or sheet or whatever you call it out there of a speed-based knight unit
and it works

Like someone made a knight with full growth in SPD/LCK and skill and it was terrifying iirc
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:29:37 pm by Gamerboy4life »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17743 on: April 02, 2014, 11:31:01 pm »

i'd rather go soldier general

cause i already went knight general
TANK TANK TANK TANK FORCE GMS TO ADD MAGES TANK

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17744 on: April 02, 2014, 11:34:47 pm »

I still regret not being able to test out a regen char properly. It's not as useful as it looks on paper, because so much damage in FEF comes in massive bursts, but you can still get up to pretty obscene values at higher levels.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 1249