Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841143 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: CRITICAL HUE REACHED!!
« Reply #17790 on: April 09, 2014, 06:40:54 pm »

DOES Tiron have Call Magic? He sure as hell hasn't been actually using any from what I can tell. He's not even trying to be helpful right now, courtesy of Haspen being an ass.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17791 on: April 09, 2014, 06:42:07 pm »

Hey!

He called Heal to save their butts when he himself was low on health at least twice I:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17792 on: April 09, 2014, 06:44:54 pm »

Well, I stand corrected. Doesn't mean that having him do nothing isn't a stupid move.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17793 on: April 09, 2014, 06:47:09 pm »

Nobody told him to do anything v:

* Haspen grumbles and goes heal someone.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17794 on: April 09, 2014, 06:51:49 pm »

They shouldn't have to! They are in a desperate fight for their lives! He should be doing everything possible to help!

Why the hell are you doing this, anyway? Mannan and the rest in the castle didn't stand around picking their noses until someone told them what to do, they did stuff. Useful stuff!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17795 on: April 09, 2014, 06:55:33 pm »

And Tiron is the only offender in case of NPC ineptitude. Danya was stabby whenever possible, Matilda was rejunevating/healing when possible, Anja was dancing/fluting when possible. Stop angsting so much

Too sick and tired to think coherently about numbers, too. Had to fix calculations four times by now and you guys didn't even notice the glaring errors :P Now all is fixed and I go sleep.
SigFlags!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17796 on: April 09, 2014, 07:02:02 pm »

All these enemies. I mean, just all these enemies. Dang.

Bring it on.

This requires special music, gotta look.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17797 on: April 09, 2014, 08:03:46 pm »

Okay, it doesn't look like our glorious retreat is actually taking off.

Also, I'm not sure what we want to actually do here. Should we try to push north? Not sure how we'd do that. I'm confident that we could get up there- But the problem, as always, is our NPCs. We could use a couple actions scooting Anja and Tiron north with rescues, but I'm not convinced it'd be worthwhile. We may be stuck being holed up here. Again.

I autohit and have 73% chance to crit a Wyvern, but even with Crithax I can only kill Wyvern A, since I can't double any of the riders at all.

Remember that Olison gets two actions, whoever is trying to figure out our plan.

Also, really terrifyingly dangerous idea, but here it is: What if I devote Valor's two actions to removing those two Sages to the south from the playing field? It'd be all kinds of dangerous, but if we kill the Wyvern rider blocking me, and if Seyena comes down to give me delicious support, I can get to melee range with Sage D, and with my Killing Edge and anti-mage PS, I should have a good shot at murdering his face. Then rinse and repeat with his friend. Olison could support me as well... But I lose a bit of hit and crit there, and I like as close to a sure thing as possible.

Okay, if Olison goes to 17,14, and attacks the Wyvern with his Francisca, he has a 93% chance to deal 11 damage per hit, with two hits. He'll have a 21 percent chance to crit as well. If he uses both of his actions, he has a pretty solid chance of killing the wyvern. Then, Seyena could move one space north, attack the Wyvern, hope for crit kill (I've run no numbers here), then move to 18,14 where she is in support range for Valor to Killing Edge both Sages.

As for Valor's actual chances against them...

With Seyena close by, he'll have an effective 152 hit against them, and with only 40 evade, Valor Autohits. Those hits will deal 17 damage, unless he crits. After factoring in the Sages Dodge, Valor has a crit rate of... 96%

If he does not crit a Sage, they will get the chance to retaliate. They'll have a hit of 80, so Valor would likely get KO'd if he doesn't get the crit.

That said, these Sages are a huge pain, and I really, really like this plan, and I like it more the more I look at it.

All kinds of anxious, so I'm going to expound further on my Master Plan. Seyena attacking Wyvern A gets us two autohits for 6 damage apiece, with two 35% crit chances. Worst case scenario, she leaves him with 20 health. Best case, dead. This all assumes steel javelin.

Of course, if she uses the Glaive, her damage output nearly doubles... But risk comes with that. Attacking with the Glaive gives her 10 damage a hit, but she'll definitely be open to at least one counter, and the Wyvern knight would have a 66% chance to hit, and deal 24 damage- enough to drop her. I don't recommend this.

Rather, Salvatore should come swinging in, moving to Seyena's current position, and finish the Wyvern with his Killer Lance. If he moves before Valor goes on his murder spree, he'll have a 99% chance to hit because supports, Charisma, and PS.  His attack will do 16 damage. If one of Seyena's attack crits, that'll be enough to finish it. If not, we'll have to hope he does, but he'll have a 60% chance, so that's fair odds.

Should this plan fail, the Wyvern will have an 87% chance to hit Salvatore for 11 damage, twice. He'll have a 4 percent crit chance as well.

If all goes well, Alex can move the dead wyvern knight's spot, and guard Anja again while we try to get that choke back in proper order.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17798 on: April 09, 2014, 09:07:22 pm »

Doublepost so y'all will look at the fantastic plan I mathed out. Go on, look at it!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17799 on: April 10, 2014, 07:53:56 am »

I'm uncomfortable with Valor being so far away from the group and within easy swarmability of the wyvern riders. Olison could dedicate an action to rescuing you out of that situation however, two if he wants to put you further up. Otherwise, while risky, I would be happy with the fact that the sages would be killed most horribly and both within a single turn.

I'll double check the math and see if there's any room for optimizations/tweaks/etc.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17801 on: April 10, 2014, 08:01:21 am »

Yes, but I'd prefer Valor to not be downed in the first place. I suppose he would make good wyvern rider bait and save us an action or two though, depending on if he dodges the first blow or not, if we were to leave him out there. Would draw them off from attacking us.

Hope it doesn't aggro the minibosses however.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:03:40 am by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17802 on: April 10, 2014, 08:04:06 am »

I wouldn't count on that, since he'll be leaving his sword on and only has about 50 evade normally.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 ... 1249