Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1690101 times)

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #16800 on: May 24, 2015, 08:15:05 am »

Pretty sure this kind of thing is S.O.P. & the only thing unusual is he may actually pay the price. I've seen politician get caught out doing worse & continue to hold there seat then get re-elected when the scandal dies down. It'll be a welcome change if he does lose his seat.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16801 on: May 24, 2015, 08:47:17 am »

A politician may face consequences for lying?
 :o :o :o
Jesus christ, this is HL3 confirmed levels of unprecedented occurrences

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16802 on: May 24, 2015, 10:12:27 am »

Things really don't look good for the last Lib Dem MP in Scotland. A by election seems really likely now because if he refuses to stand down for lying barefaced to his constituents and abusing his position he may be brought before the standards committee and his 10 day suspension would cause a by election. The Guardian has given a good report on the situation, meanwhile the Herald say the great buffoon has become "caught in his own tangled web of deceit".

As I said yesterday this may lead to a 57th SNP MP. Who knows, it depends how hard the Lib Dems fight.
Of course it will! To be an enemy of the SNP is to be an enemy of the people, comrade!

Seriously though, at least the Lib Dems are used to failure, so he's got that going for him. I think Scottish Laor probably won't have any more scandals out of sheer, numbed shock at the electoral results. It's like when someone healthy jumps into icy water and they die instantly from their heart stopping.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16803 on: May 24, 2015, 10:36:17 am »

Yeah that's very true. The main problem for Scottish Laor is they are still in denial about losing to the SNP in 2007 and still expect this whole SNP nonsense to blow over so they can get back to treating Scotland as a safe-seat farm and personal fiefdom for second rate MPs.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16804 on: May 24, 2015, 10:38:35 am »

I feel almost bad for the LibDems. This Carmicheal business is like kicking a puppy that has just been ran over by a truck and diagnosed with terminal cancer. Sure, that puppy just shat on your rug, but can't you have some mercy?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16805 on: May 24, 2015, 10:54:03 am »

I feel almost bad for the LibDems. This Carmicheal business is like kicking a puppy that has just been ran over by a truck and diagnosed with terminal cancer. Sure, that puppy just shat on your rug, but can't you have some mercy?

The puppy did a lot worse than shit on the rug. As a leading lib Dem Carmicheal is partly responsible for introducing the bedroom tax, which led to several vulnerable people with mental health problems committing suicide because they couldn't deal with the cut in their meagre benefits. He's also partly responsible for privatising the royal mail and raising tuition fees after promising he wouldn't. I look at this as putting the Lib Dems out of their misery, not kicking them while they're down. Scottish Liberalism needs a fresh start.

Let's just say the puppy has rabies and it needs to be put down to end its suffering and to stop it from biting any more people it used to care about.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:58:45 am by Owlbread »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16806 on: May 24, 2015, 11:35:23 am »

The sentiment is echoed. I wanted Nick Clegg to lose so that he'd finally get rest from this endless wreckage

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16807 on: May 24, 2015, 11:45:28 am »

The sentiment is echoed. I wanted Nick Clegg to lose so that he'd finally get rest from this endless wreckage

He created a monster, and it ate him.
This is a blank sig.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16808 on: May 24, 2015, 01:18:52 pm »

Scottish Laor
I like how you got him doing it, MSH.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16809 on: May 24, 2015, 01:40:20 pm »

David Cameron gets rekt by the EU
I still don't know why people can reasonably believe that he can summon any goodwill for the UK. Well to be honest I don't think they do, but that's more to do with ignorance than political opinions.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16810 on: May 24, 2015, 02:15:51 pm »

RIP in peace muh nation, we northwest brussels now. Though at the very least, it is pleasing to see when the politics of enemies confound one another; they may take my freedom, but they will never take my degeneracy - NSA knows I love me some degeneracy, and probably hates me for it too.
Also dat childhood corrosion, I remember that - even set it as my screensaver. Literally, just giant floating blocky texts saying childhood corrosion. It's a blatant attempt at controlling the internet where anti-piracy failed... Though I wonder, what would Westminster gain from controlling British discourse? The ability to once and for all end shitposters? There is a strategy beyond controlling discourse, but what is it?

And on a happier note, councils have begun shutting done sleuths of CCTV due to budget cuts. BUDGET CUTS IMPROVING STUFF AND POLITICIANS GETTING REKT FOR LYING, WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16811 on: May 24, 2015, 05:15:30 pm »

I would totally create and stand as a representative of the Northwest Brussels Party, whose primary policy is changing the name of the UK to Northwest Brussels. And then later on selling the country to the EU outright.

I mean think about it, if UKIP can get 13% of the vote as a single-issue party over leaving the EU, then surely a single-issue party about fully integrating with the EU should get 87%. Absolutely nothing could go wrong.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16812 on: May 24, 2015, 05:20:42 pm »

I see nothing wrong with this plan. Grakpope 2015, rule, Brussels, Brussels rules the waves

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16813 on: May 24, 2015, 06:54:28 pm »

I love how British media can make it sounds as if some large entity was forcing its way over Britain while this was a document from the Council, aka Cameron himself seating with his fellow head of governments. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if some UK government critter leaked it to be able to kill the idea and blame it on Brussels.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16814 on: May 25, 2015, 04:09:27 am »

Scottish Laor
I like how you got him doing it, MSH.
All will know the truth of Laor.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 ... 1393