Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974729 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.6.6
« Reply #435 on: November 25, 2013, 05:33:49 am »

since meph has diseases (edit: in his mod). an ability to see active syndromes in DT would be nice.
Which is already included in the DT. Just hover your mouse over a dwarf.
you can also filter them out with is_buffed() via a script. currently i'm only showing syndromes that don't require healthcare. however, it appears a lot of negative/bad syndromes may not require healthcare, so i might just include them all and rename it to a generic 'syndromes' section in DT.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #436 on: November 25, 2013, 01:05:38 pm »

since meph has diseases (edit: in his mod). an ability to see active syndromes in DT would be nice.
you can also filter them out with is_buffed() via a script. currently i'm only showing syndromes that don't require healthcare. however, it appears a lot of negative/bad syndromes may not require healthcare, so i might just include them all and rename it to a generic 'syndromes' section in DT.
The horror, oh the horror...

(some complex mechanisms in genesis, lrf, mdf use more or less inactive syndromes that affect a lot of dwarves, for status effects and adding syn-classes to build logic gates. Will be a long list in some of them :) Still, a nice idea. I can guess what you are thinking right now: Uff, someone requests A for Y, and first response is: A is bad for X. Sorry for that, I get that myself often enough.)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #437 on: November 25, 2013, 01:11:23 pm »

The horror, oh the horror...

(some complex mechanisms in genesis, lrf, mdf use more or less inactive syndromes that affect a lot of dwarves, for status effects and adding syn-classes to build logic gates. Will be a long list in some of them :) Still, a nice idea. I can guess what you are thinking right now: Uff, someone requests A for Y, and first response is: A is bad for X. Sorry for that, I get that myself often enough.)

i'm pretty much limited to reading the names, and whether or not it needs healthcare. anything other then that i'm unable to really read from DT (ie. exactly what kind of syndrome or anything)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #438 on: November 25, 2013, 01:15:18 pm »

And since the name never shows anywhere, I know of at least one modder who is lazy enough to copy paste that stuff, or leave it out. Much confusion to be had, with 6 identical syndromes saying: "stuff and stuff"  :-\
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 29, 2013, 04:02:34 am »

I see your latest build allows me to apply multiple filter scripts... how is that done?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #440 on: November 29, 2013, 04:36:00 am »

I see your latest build allows me to apply multiple filter scripts... how is that done?
you mean in the next update? i don't think i committed those changes yet, did i?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 29, 2013, 05:30:46 am »

nm...
toggling labors by column... filters...

my bad

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 30, 2013, 11:54:58 am »

on my point on syndromes.

I guess because a lot of syndromes are "placeholders", then... it would be nice to filter by syndromes...  So I could type something in, say "bubonic" or "influenza" and find out who is "sick" and assign them to a burrow.  As is, I don't think influenza or bubonic plague show up (blind, insomnia, and schizo show up).

I could be wrong about bubonic plague, maybe I just haven't endured it yet.  but a feature that could search those with enabled syndromes would be awesome vs me manually using showunitsyndromes and dumping to a text editor for searching.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #443 on: November 30, 2013, 06:26:16 pm »

on my point on syndromes.

I guess because a lot of syndromes are "placeholders", then... it would be nice to filter by syndromes...  So I could type something in, say "bubonic" or "influenza" and find out who is "sick" and assign them to a burrow.  As is, I don't think influenza or bubonic plague show up (blind, insomnia, and schizo show up).

I could be wrong about bubonic plague, maybe I just haven't endured it yet.  but a feature that could search those with enabled syndromes would be awesome vs me manually using showunitsyndromes and dumping to a text editor for searching.
You can already do this to some extent with the aforementioned d.buffs but I could expand the scripts to include any syndromes not just those that appear beneficial.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 01, 2013, 12:06:39 am »

well... I'm not sure what "(d.is_buffed())" does, but a lot of these syndromes are not beneficial with halfling's disease mod.

So, searching by "name" would be a tremendous help with filtering bad from good

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #445 on: December 01, 2013, 04:20:13 am »

well... I'm not sure what "(d.is_buffed())" does, but a lot of these syndromes are not beneficial with halfling's disease mod.

So, searching by "name" would be a tremendous help with filtering bad from good

it was explained just a few posts ago. however i don't know why some sicknesses don't seem to have the is_sick flag set, if it's due to a missing token in the syndrome or something else.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 01, 2013, 09:49:09 pm »

is_sick flag?  I didn't even know about this flag.

Anyways, it appears that a lot of interactions/syndromes don't have syn_names (for example, influenza didn't).

Is there a way to filter by interactions?  As these tend to be like function calls and are generally the "name" of the group of syndromes applied (at least with influenza)

btw, I tried d.is_buffed() d.is_buff() d.is_buffs() and d.buff() d.buffed() d.buffs() with no luck
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:35:54 am by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #447 on: December 02, 2013, 04:29:09 am »

is_sick flag?  I didn't even know about this flag.

Anyways, it appears that a lot of interactions/syndromes don't have syn_names (for example, influenza didn't).

Is there a way to filter by interactions?  As these tend to be like function calls and are generally the "name" of the group of syndromes applied (at least with influenza)

btw, I tried d.is_buffed() d.is_buff() d.is_buffs() and d.buff() d.buffed() d.buffs() with no luck
i'm pretty sure the syntax is right there in the script gui with all the other commands. if you're not getting any results, then the syndrome probably doesn't have a name, or requires healthcare.

i'll poke around and see if there's an identifier for the specific interaction(s) when a dwarf is affected by a syndrome.

Edit: looking at the structure of syndromes, i don't see where there's any kind of description/name for the actual interactions. i'm guessing you meant the SYN_CLASS?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:48:52 am by splinterz »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #448 on: December 02, 2013, 08:53:14 am »

Anyways, it appears that a lot of interactions/syndromes don't have syn_names (for example, influenza didn't). Is there a way to filter by interactions?  As these tend to be like function calls and are generally the "name" of the group of syndromes applied (at least with influenza)
i had some time to poke around this a bit more, and what i'll change is to read the SYN_CLASS names from the syndromes, and use that if the syndrome itself doesn't have a name. this certainly helps to differentiate between copy/pasted syndromes, but you'll still probably have to hunt through the raws to find out what exactly the class is referring to. i might add in an option to choose to use SYN_NAME, SYN_CLASS or both, so you can work around poor syndrome names.

for example: in masterwork you can research goblin corpses to gain bonuses when battling them. every single syndrome is named 'Goblin Biology Interaction', regardless of what bonuses they provide. each SYN_CLASS however is different, it's still uninformative (BIOLOGY_GOBLIN_ONE, BIOLOGY_GOBLIN_TWO, etc.), but it's better than what it's currently doing.

really though, the best solution is to harass the mod creator to put in unique/informative syndrome names.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #449 on: December 02, 2013, 11:46:16 am »

Thats what I meant with "oh the horror...". I'll have to name all the syndromes now. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 222