Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974756 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.2
« Reply #540 on: February 17, 2014, 06:10:53 pm »

Ok, so i downloaded qt5gui.dll and copied it to system directory and the original v21.2  is working, but not the second exec you`ve sent me on email.
can you send me a link to where you downloaded it from so i can compare the dll files?

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 18, 2014, 04:38:22 am »

Is it normal this takes several minutes to read / commit (on linus)? Vanilla DT is a a lot faster... any specific features I need to disable to make the splintermind version faster?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.3
« Reply #542 on: February 18, 2014, 06:35:18 am »

Is it normal this takes several minutes to read / commit (on linus)? Vanilla DT is a a lot faster... any specific features I need to disable to make the splintermind version faster?
no that's not normal! i'm not sure how i managed it, but there was a typo in one of the linux offsets in the 34.11 ini file.

i've fixed that and also made a small performance tweak that should help it load a little faster. i've updated the source, so give it another go and let me know if it's better.

zapa1928

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 18, 2014, 06:40:09 am »

can you send me a link to where you downloaded it from so i can compare the dll files?

http://www.opendll.com/index.php?file-download=qt5gui.dll&arch=32bit&version=5.1.1.0&dsc=C++-application-development-framework.#

As i understand it is earlier version than copy included with DT

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #544 on: February 18, 2014, 07:23:03 am »

http://www.opendll.com/index.php?file-download=qt5gui.dll&arch=32bit&version=5.1.1.0&dsc=C++-application-development-framework.#

As i understand it is earlier version than copy included with DT
i do use a different dll, as i have a 'minimal' compiled version of QT that i use so that i can reduce the overall size of the zip file in the packaged release. it's mainly to remove the ICU libraries, but maybe that's causing an issue on some machines...

when you used this new dll file, did you need to add any other libraries to get it run?

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.3
« Reply #545 on: February 18, 2014, 09:40:56 am »

no that's not normal! i'm not sure how i managed it, but there was a typo in one of the linux offsets in the 34.11 ini file.

i've fixed that and also made a small performance tweak that should help it load a little faster. i've updated the source, so give it another go and let me know if it's better.
Yes, works a lot faster now, thx!

zapa1928

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 18, 2014, 02:04:54 pm »

when you used this new dll file, did you need to add any other libraries to get it run?

Yes, and no. For the first time when i copied Qt5Gui.dll it didn`t but the i tried if having the version i downloaded in DT folder would be enoug,h so i overwritten the dll in DT folder. But then i got an error (i dont remember what). So i copied once again the dll i downloaded to system folder but then it said, it want additional dll; namely this one
http://www.opendll.com/index.php?file-download=libglesv2.dll&arch=32Bit&version=1.0.0.2212&dsc=ANGLE-libGLESv2-Dynamic-Link-Library#

Then i unpacked original DT folder once again and just copied downloaded dll to system folder again, but i didn`t check if downloading  this libglesv2.dll would help.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:33:31 am by zapa1928 »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 19, 2014, 04:48:35 am »

@splinterz, Tareq: Setting a nickname in DT 21.2 OSX doesn't work, the nick doesn't show up in either DT or DF. Confirmed on 10.7.5.

and:
I have some issues with Therapist on the new release. On my MacBook Air, Therapist runs really sluggish and crashes every so often with no error at all. Can anyone confirm those issues? I'm running 10.9.1

It's a bit vague I know, I hope I get more details on this one.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 19, 2014, 11:48:19 am »

How does DT access grid views made in previous versions of DT? It's getting a little cluttered, and some of the views I've made in earlier versions are nearly the same as the default ones in this version. You can't edit or delete them from within DT.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #549 on: February 19, 2014, 12:50:00 pm »

How does DT access grid views made in previous versions of DT? It's getting a little cluttered, and some of the views I've made in earlier versions are nearly the same as the default ones in this version. You can't edit or delete them from within DT.
i'm not sure if you're referring to custom or default views, but you can't remove the default views. however, the custom views you can remove through the grid view dock.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 19, 2014, 03:50:43 pm »

It doesn't seem to be giving me an option.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not sure why it's so huge... might need to fiddle around with imgur's 'paste from clipboard' option a bit more.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #551 on: February 19, 2014, 03:53:58 pm »

@splinterz, Tareq: Setting a nickname in DT 21.2 OSX doesn't work, the nick doesn't show up in either DT or DF. Confirmed on 10.7.5.

and:
I have some issues with Therapist on the new release. On my MacBook Air, Therapist runs really sluggish and crashes every so often with no error at all. Can anyone confirm those issues? I'm running 10.9.1

It's a bit vague I know, I hope I get more details on this one.
i'm not sure if you've got the latest build. there was a commit from Tareq on the 16th that should have fixed the loading speed and that crash.

Edit: nevermind, reading through the thread it looks like you had the changes already
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:34:36 pm by splinterz »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2014, 04:36:02 pm »

i'm not sure if you've got the latest build. there was a commit from Tareq on the 16th that should have fixed the loading speed and that crash.

It's the build from the 16th, version 21.2 with the loading speed fix. Previous was 21.0 if I remember right, and was taking about 2 minutes to load.
I don't have crashes on 10.7.5, and this is the only report I got with instability. My guess that it's related to some architectural change on OSX between 10.8 and 10.9, but that's as far as I can venture. I asked for a crashlog, but there's nothing in the system logs, so I'm a bit stumped on this one. :(

lordkrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 21, 2014, 11:29:54 am »

I had some issues with building this last night/today.  I submitted a pull request to fix the instructions in BUILDING.txt to include qtchooser and the flag to build with qt version 5 (it didn't seem to like version 4).

I then belatedly realized that there are also instructions in the readme.  I'll fix those in a moment.

If you have both qt4 and qt5 installed, often qt4 is considered the "default".

Also, I'm not sure what was going on, but when I try to run the executable in Dwarf-Therapist/bin/release, the program crashes instantly.  However, if I just run dwarftherapist (which was registered in /usr/bin) then it works just fine.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:39:24 am by lordkrike »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #554 on: February 21, 2014, 11:58:57 am »

I had some issues with building this last night/today.  I submitted a pull request to fix the instructions in BUILDING.txt to include qtchooser and the flag to build with qt version 5 (it didn't seem to like version 4).

I then belatedly realized that there are also instructions in the readme.  I'll fix those in a moment.

If you have both qt4 and qt5 installed, often qt4 is considered the "default".

Also, I'm not sure what was going on, but when I try to run the executable in Dwarf-Therapist/bin/release, the program crashes instantly.  However, if I just run dwarftherapist (which was registered in /usr/bin) then it works just fine.
if you run it from /bin/release it's probably looking for the /etc and memory layouts in the release folder. i've merged your changes, thanks for the help!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 222