Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974505 times)

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.4 | DF 40.06
« Reply #1185 on: August 04, 2014, 09:24:59 pm »

Why don't I see labours for recovering wounded and feeding patients?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.3 | DF 40.05
« Reply #1186 on: August 05, 2014, 01:18:17 am »

Splinterz we really need to work on the guide's visibility. What's the point of having all of these features if no one knows they exist? The menu re-arrangement and filter enhancement features I mentioned earlier would also help.
yeah now that the superlabor stuff is in, i think next up is going to have to be the menu retooling. i've put the preference filtering in on the last release, so maybe we'll get some feedback on it.

[OSX] Dwarf Therapist 23.3 for 40.06
Ah curse you, didn't notice the OSX :(

Yay!

On a related note: anyone have any ideas why DT crashes whenever I try to modify a grid view? Copying is fine. Changing the name is fine. Deleting a set is fine. But when I got to edit the columns in a set (right-click in the right pane, specifically), it crashes.
i'll mess around and see if i can get a crash. if you've got some steps that can consistently reproduce it, let me know.

Why don't I see labours for recovering wounded and feeding patients?

that's ResMar's new and improved view! the old one is still there as labors alt. though. i should probably move/recolor them to match ResMar's layout, provided it won't piss off too many players expecting columns in a particular place..

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1187 on: August 05, 2014, 01:59:51 am »

new and improved? I find it hard to see how removing access to labours we might want to disable (e.g. if we're setting up nurses) as an improvement..

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 05, 2014, 03:27:41 am »

(bzzt)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:59:41 am by Toady One »
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 05, 2014, 03:40:07 am »

/snip
How would someone go about compiling v23.4 in linux?
You need to compile the DF2014 branch, not the master:
Code: [Select]
git clone git://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist.git DF2014or
git checkout DF2014
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:42:44 am by fricy »

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 05, 2014, 03:56:10 am »

How would someone go about compiling v23.4 in linux?
You need to compile the DF2014 branch, not the master:
git clone git://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist.git DF2014

Nope. Like I said, if I do that, the compiled program says that it's version 22.0 of the branch, according to Help > About. This was the problem I was having before, it would always compile the oldest version of the branch, not the newest. I am right in thinking that github preserves all the old code, in addition to newer code?
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 05, 2014, 06:19:40 am »

Is there any way to view Dwarf "Beliefs" (value token) in column form similar to how the traits tab shows their "Facets" (personality token).

Or any chance for that to be added in the future?

I like to keep an eye out for TRADITION, INDEPENDENCE, and a few others when looking to assign Engravers, and Fortress Guard members respectively. Whether or not they have any real effect at the moment.

Being able to spot the outliers at a glance would make it a lot easier.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1192 on: August 05, 2014, 06:37:00 am »

Is there any way to view Dwarf "Beliefs" (value token) in column form similar to how the traits tab shows their "Facets" (personality token).

Or any chance for that to be added in the future?

I like to keep an eye out for TRADITION, INDEPENDENCE, and a few others when looking to assign Engravers, and Fortress Guard members respectively. Whether or not they have any real effect at the moment.

Being able to spot the outliers at a glance would make it a lot easier.
yeah i'm planning to be added them as columns like the others.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 05, 2014, 06:41:42 am »

Great, thanks for a quick response, and all that work stuff you and any others do.

AriRashkae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 05, 2014, 08:11:17 am »

Yay!

On a related note: anyone have any ideas why DT crashes whenever I try to modify a grid view? Copying is fine. Changing the name is fine. Deleting a set is fine. But when I got to edit the columns in a set (right-click in the right pane, specifically), it crashes.
i'll mess around and see if i can get a crash. if you've got some steps that can consistently reproduce it, let me know.

It doesn't happen on the Windows one, only the OSX. (Note to self: don't post while tired. You forget key info.)

I copy a grid to edit, open it, and right click on the right pane, where the columns in sets are listed. It immediately crashes. I can change the name of the grid, change the sets, save the grid & reopen it, do nothing except try to edit the columns and it will still crash when I go to edit columns.

It's just an annoying thing, because I'd like to have a Roles grid that matches the Alt Labors grid, with the custom Bee Keeper, etc roles added in to match.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1195 on: August 05, 2014, 08:59:08 am »

Yay!

It doesn't happen on the Windows one, only the OSX. (Note to self: don't post while tired. You forget key info.)

I copy a grid to edit, open it, and right click on the right pane, where the columns in sets are listed. It immediately crashes. I can change the name of the grid, change the sets, save the grid & reopen it, do nothing except try to edit the columns and it will still crash when I go to edit columns.

It's just an annoying thing, because I'd like to have a Roles grid that matches the Alt Labors grid, with the custom Bee Keeper, etc roles added in to match.
do you have any custom professions or super labors?

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 05, 2014, 09:37:19 am »

new and improved? I find it hard to see how removing access to labours we might want to disable (e.g. if we're setting up nurses) as an improvement..
it's just a default they're (graciously and for free) providing. you can always create your own grids with whatever combination of jaunts you want.

AriRashkae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 05, 2014, 09:37:34 am »

Yay!

Nope. Just a few custom roles: Bee Keeper, Glazer, etc. It worked 2 updates ago. This version of OSX Therapist and the one before it crash when I try to recreate the grid view I made earlier.

I'm going to attempt deleting the custom roles & remaking them from scratch & see what that does.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 05, 2014, 09:48:52 am »

It looks like a different problem, so far all of my build have this. I'm checking if it's something to do with QT 5.3, the last version without this is 21.2 built in february using QT 5.2.1.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 05, 2014, 09:51:48 am »

in the super labors window, could feed patients/prisoners wounded be grouped at the bottom with the hauling labors.  It's a non skill labor I believe, and I generally group them with haulers.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 222