Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974709 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.6 | DF 40.08
« Reply #1350 on: August 13, 2014, 03:22:20 pm »

What do you mean by "any items"?
if you hover over one of the item/equipment cells in the grid, does it show what they're currently wearing?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 13, 2014, 03:52:58 pm »

if you hover over one of the item/equipment cells in the grid, does it show what they're currently wearing?
No.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1352 on: August 13, 2014, 04:14:08 pm »

No.
ok so either it's not reading the inventory, or it can't find the items/materials. are the material/item preferences showing up?

kardofaces

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 13, 2014, 04:33:54 pm »

Is opening the box for custom profession name still an issue? Would it be something a "novice" could fix before next update?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1354 on: August 13, 2014, 04:42:37 pm »

Is opening the box for custom profession name still an issue? Would it be something a "novice" could fix before next update?
if you're compiling it yourself, then yes, it's already been fixed.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 13, 2014, 05:10:11 pm »

No.
ok so either it's not reading the inventory, or it can't find the items/materials. are the material/item preferences showing up?
It looks all right for me.

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.4 | DF 40.06
« Reply #1356 on: August 13, 2014, 07:00:26 pm »

Another Linux option would be to setcap at install; you'd only have to run something as root once, and you'd never disable the global protection. With an rpm/deb package you could make it invisible even.

Care to elaborate? I do not quite get what you mean.
But it does not really matter, it does not need root privileges at all, the way I suggested and handle it.

What would be the exact command(s?) you would still need root for with your approach?

Code: [Select]
$ sudo setcap cap_sys_ptrace=eip DwarfTherapist

You'd need to run that once at install, and then DT would be able to connect every time without any more privilege escalation.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1357 on: August 14, 2014, 04:43:48 am »

No.
It looks all right for me.
hrmm, then it may one of those last few offsets in the dwarf section that are off (inventory_item_mode, inventory, inventory_item_bodypart) or it could be it's not finding bodypart names to group them by. do you see any health info/wounds?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 14, 2014, 05:29:55 am »

hrmm, then it may one of those last few offsets in the dwarf section that are off (inventory_item_mode, inventory, inventory_item_bodypart) or it could be it's not finding bodypart names to group them by. do you see any health info/wounds?

Health screen looks to be in order - more or less: the population is healthy in my test fort, only one dwarf showing up in Therapist with Thisty, but not on the health screen. However when I sent my squad onto a drop-bridge the injuries and stunned statuses showed up correctly in DT. How do I check if the inventory address is correct?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1359 on: August 14, 2014, 05:56:46 am »

Health screen looks to be in order - more or less: the population is healthy in my test fort, only one dwarf showing up in Therapist with Thisty, but not on the health screen. However when I sent my squad onto a drop-bridge the injuries and stunned statuses showed up correctly in DT. How do I check if the inventory address is correct?
alright then i guess it's just not finding the inventory. i don't think i'm outputting anything to the log currently that lists an inventory count or anything. are you building the source yourself? i could push a quick commit to add some debug info for the inventory counts and/or show you where to step through the code to check the inventories.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 14, 2014, 06:05:21 am »

alright then i guess it's just not finding the inventory. i don't think i'm outputting anything to the log currently that lists an inventory count or anything. are you building the source yourself? i could push a quick commit to add some debug info for the inventory counts and/or show you where to step through the code to check the inventories.
Yes, building them myself, sounds like a plan, thx.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1361 on: August 14, 2014, 06:29:55 am »

ok i've pushed a small commit with some log messages for the inventory read. you'll have to run with the -debug argument to see them though. in the code it's this function that reads the inventory if you want to break and step through.

Edit: cleaned up the inventory logging and added a few more details on what exactly the items are
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:24:26 am by splinterz »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1362 on: August 14, 2014, 11:42:46 am »

Many thanks, splinterz!
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 14, 2014, 11:48:42 am »

ok i've pushed a small commit with some log messages for the inventory read. you'll have to run with the -debug argument to see them though. in the code it's this function that reads the inventory if you want to break and step through.

Edit: cleaned up the inventory logging and added a few more details on what exactly the items are
Nothing shows up about the inventory in the .log or in the terminal window. I tried building DT both with release and debug setting, but no difference. Then I set break-points at the new lines, and run the debug version, but - most likely - I have no idea what I'm doing...
Here's the debug log from QT Creator: 1 and 2
Maybe it has some clues I fail to see.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1364 on: August 14, 2014, 11:59:45 am »

Nothing shows up about the inventory in the .log or in the terminal window. I tried building DT both with release and debug setting, but no difference. Then I set break-points at the new lines, and run the debug version, but - most likely - I have no idea what I'm doing...
Here's the debug log from QT Creator: 1 and 2
Maybe it has some clues I fail to see.
in qtcreator go to the projects, then choose the run settings. you'll have a bunch of options below for the environment, etc. add -debug into the arguments like this. then you should have a crapload of stuff in the log file.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 222