Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974795 times)

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.30.1 | DF 40.19
« Reply #1995 on: December 29, 2014, 06:17:49 pm »

Thanks a bunch, MaximumZero

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: December 29, 2014, 10:09:45 pm »

You're very welcome. Glad to be of service.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: December 30, 2014, 05:56:25 pm »

Aye... I knew what was going on (holidays) and wasn't going to say anything.  You guys don't have to be updating DT at all, yet alone when Toady puts out 4 updates in the spam of a week over the holidays... Although I do find this mod a complete must-have and just can't get a fort much past 15 dorfs without it.  THANK YOU!

Tataich

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: December 31, 2014, 03:16:38 am »

I have an important question to the developers.
Do we have such a perspective in future releases of the Dwarf Therapist, to move the entire text and captions in a separate, external text file for easy localization features into any language or simply add the ability to handle these external localization text files from a special sub-folder?
I see that Dwarf Therapist translation to Russian language project, unfortunately, turned down. But it would be very easy for anyone who wants to translate Dwarf Therapist at any desired language for personal convenience without having to view the entire code, edit and compile each new version of the Dwarf Therapist.
most of the groundwork for translations has already been done. the game_data.ini can be replaced with a translated version, and QT has support for translations, and even an editor/manager.

so i think all that needs to be done is generate/update the translation file(s) and add a way to choose/set the language from within DT.
Oh! I see this beautiful shiny file, very grateful! But when i try to rename, for example, in [skill_levels] section "12=Master" to "12=Мастер", in the dwarf therapist i was faced with the encoding problems. Instead of the correct word i see hieroglyphics. :(
I try to resave game_data.ini file in Unicode UTF-8, ANSI 1251 Cyrillic, 20866 (Russian KOI8), try to change fonts in "options" but it did not fix the problem. :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:48:55 am by Tataich »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: December 31, 2014, 10:34:09 am »

Whoops, never mind. I've worked out what I was doing wrong.

I'm not very familiar with the military system in Dwarf Fortress and I'm having a few problems with it, one of which seems to be relevant to Dwarf Therapist.

My dwarves are each holding a ☼steel pick☼, but they are shown as missing equipment 'steel weapon'. Are steel picks not counted as weapons? They don't have mining enabled, so it shouldn't have anything to do with that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:37:29 am by ptb_ptb »
()==[:::::::::::::>

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: January 01, 2015, 08:12:22 pm »

When 40.23 version is going to be? Also, 2000 post, congrate on best softwar for DF!
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: January 01, 2015, 08:35:36 pm »

Knowing how long this kind of thing will take is basically the same thing as having already done it.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: January 03, 2015, 03:00:22 pm »

Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2003 on: January 04, 2015, 08:59:42 am »

I have an important question to the developers.
Do we have such a perspective in future releases of the Dwarf Therapist, to move the entire text and captions in a separate, external text file for easy localization features into any language or simply add the ability to handle these external localization text files from a special sub-folder?
I see that Dwarf Therapist translation to Russian language project, unfortunately, turned down. But it would be very easy for anyone who wants to translate Dwarf Therapist at any desired language for personal convenience without having to view the entire code, edit and compile each new version of the Dwarf Therapist.
most of the groundwork for translations has already been done. the game_data.ini can be replaced with a translated version, and QT has support for translations, and even an editor/manager.

so i think all that needs to be done is generate/update the translation file(s) and add a way to choose/set the language from within DT.
Oh! I see this beautiful shiny file, very grateful! But when i try to rename, for example, in [skill_levels] section "12=Master" to "12=Мастер", in the dwarf therapist i was faced with the encoding problems. Instead of the correct word i see hieroglyphics. :(
I try to resave game_data.ini file in Unicode UTF-8, ANSI 1251 Cyrillic, 20866 (Russian KOI8), try to change fonts in "options" but it did not fix the problem. :(
ah right.. the file should be in UTF-8, but in the code the codec wasn't set when reading the file. so it's not a problem on your end, i just need to modify the code to properly set the codec before it starts reading the data.

i'll have that ready in the next update, or if you'd like to compile and test with a beta version, you can use this branch: https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/custom_cell_colors

or specifically these changes to gamedatareader.cpp

Aeriform

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: January 05, 2015, 06:22:21 am »

I have been having a problem with Dwarf Therapist, Tooltips never show up and scrolling on the labor graph doesn't work. Also, every time I click on something the window freezes, but  trying to close dwarf therapist fixes the freezing. The job assignments and nicknaming works even when nothing else does. I've been having this issue for awhile and I don't know whats causing it although I think it's something on my side I just don't know what or where to start. Could someone please help it makes using DT tough.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2005 on: January 05, 2015, 08:27:37 am »

I have been having a problem with Dwarf Therapist, Tooltips never show up and scrolling on the labor graph doesn't work. Also, every time I click on something the window freezes, but  trying to close dwarf therapist fixes the freezing. The job assignments and nicknaming works even when nothing else does. I've been having this issue for awhile and I don't know whats causing it although I think it's something on my side I just don't know what or where to start. Could someone please help it makes using DT tough.
provide your O/S, DF version, DT version, and the log file if possible

Aeriform

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: January 05, 2015, 11:20:29 am »

OS is windows 7, Dwarf Fortress is 40.19, Dwarf Therapist is 30.1.0
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AriRashkae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: January 06, 2015, 07:27:02 am »

Please excuse my denseness  :-[, but I can't find a clear (for me) answer: do the labor optimizer & nicknamer work properly on the Mac version now?

LilDenis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: January 07, 2015, 01:41:07 pm »

Please excuse my denseness  :-[, but I can't find a clear (for me) answer: do the labor optimizer & nicknamer work properly on the Mac version now?

I have the same issue.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: January 07, 2015, 04:10:43 pm »

What exactly is the problem? Is it reported in the issue tracker? I don't really use DT (let alone the optimizer), but I could try to figure it out.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 222