Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974693 times)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.33.0 | DF 42.02
« Reply #2235 on: December 09, 2015, 02:53:19 pm »

Are dwarves supposed to have some musical skills on embark?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: December 09, 2015, 03:09:41 pm »

Are dwarves supposed to have some musical skills on embark?
I've seen that they do, in 42.02, especially in worlds with very long histories.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: December 09, 2015, 08:17:25 pm »

Quietust identified a syndrome structure change, so I've updated the OS X layout here: https://gist.github.com/lethosor/40f04de30b8800751e13
Windows and Linux layouts probably still have issues with syndromes, although it'll probably just result in strange output rather than crashes.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2238 on: December 10, 2015, 05:11:19 am »

Quietust identified a syndrome structure change, so I've updated the OS X layout here: https://gist.github.com/lethosor/40f04de30b8800751e13
Windows and Linux layouts probably still have issues with syndromes, although it'll probably just result in strange output rather than crashes.
I pulled the changes and compared them and the windows/linux offsets are ok.

I must have compared the wrong files earlier when I'd told you the syndromes looked ok; I had indeed added a placeholder in the structure to adjust the offsets before I generated the layouts.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: December 10, 2015, 05:58:41 pm »

Using the 'Optimization' feature keeps crashing Therapist. At first I didn't get how it worked - I had an empty job list and clicking 'Optimize' or 'Test' several times crashed the program. Later when I did put in a number of jobs, it sometimes crashed after clicking 'Edit Plan'. This is with v.33.0 and DF 42.02.

And also props for this feature. It's going to be massively helpful.

The Exception Offset from the second log is the same in 3 other instances.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:45:14 pm by xordae »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2240 on: December 10, 2015, 06:56:01 pm »

Using the 'Optimization' feature keeps crashing Therapist. At first I didn't get how it worked - I had an empty job list and clicking 'Optimize' or 'Test' several times crashed the program. Later when I did put in a number of jobs, it sometimes crashed after clicking 'Edit Plan'. This is with v.33.0 and DF 42.02.

And also props for this feature. It's going to be massively helpful.

The Exception Offset from the second log is the same in 3 other instances.

Can you also attach your optimization plan? I may also need your save if I still can't reproduce it from that.

Someone Else 37

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: December 11, 2015, 02:02:23 am »

Here's an untested OS X layout: https://gist.github.com/lethosor/40f04de30b8800751e13

Thx. Hey everyone, let's test it together!
[OSX]Dwarf Therapist 33.0 preliminary version for 42.02
It works! Thanks for packaging it up like that- I've never had any luck building programs manually, and Dwarf Therapist was no exception.

One bug I found very quickly: The main DT window, when it appears on first load, is quite a bit wider than my screen. I can scale it down somewhat, but not enough for the entire window to fit.

(if the image is broken, right-clicking it and telling your browser to open it in another tab should work)
If I try to shrink the window any farther, it just won't shrink. It appears to be capped at the width (partially) shown in that screenshot. I can expand it again just fine, but it still won't srink any farther than shown above.

Also, a similar thing happens with the Options menu, except the menus with a lot of entries go way off the bottom of the screen, rather than the side, and there's no way to scroll that I've found.

I'm running OSX El Capitan version 10.11.2 on a Macbook Pro with a Retina display. Probably relevant.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2242 on: December 11, 2015, 07:55:16 am »

Here's an untested OS X layout: https://gist.github.com/lethosor/40f04de30b8800751e13

Thx. Hey everyone, let's test it together!
[OSX]Dwarf Therapist 33.0 preliminary version for 42.02
It works! Thanks for packaging it up like that- I've never had any luck building programs manually, and Dwarf Therapist was no exception.

One bug I found very quickly: The main DT window, when it appears on first load, is quite a bit wider than my screen. I can scale it down somewhat, but not enough for the entire window to fit.

(if the image is broken, right-clicking it and telling your browser to open it in another tab should work)
If I try to shrink the window any farther, it just won't shrink. It appears to be capped at the width (partially) shown in that screenshot. I can expand it again just fine, but it still won't srink any farther than shown above.

Also, a similar thing happens with the Options menu, except the menus with a lot of entries go way off the bottom of the screen, rather than the side, and there's no way to scroll that I've found.

I'm running OSX El Capitan version 10.11.2 on a Macbook Pro with a Retina display. Probably relevant.
If you grab that top toolbar (with the group by.. filter..) and move it below the buttons toolbar (connect.. read..), does it allow you to resize the window?

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: December 11, 2015, 07:56:35 am »

(nevermind, sorted!)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 08:23:38 am by xordae »

Protonicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: December 11, 2015, 08:15:30 am »

Could it be possible to view guests/visitors in future with Therapist?

sorry if I use wrong thread.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2245 on: December 11, 2015, 09:19:42 am »

It's certainly possible. I have some ideas for different unit displays...

For now though, does anyone know the intricacies of the residency petitions and citizenship? Do they allow you to set labors on such units? Do other dwarves petition or is it only other races?

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: December 11, 2015, 09:28:31 am »

It's certainly possible. I have some ideas for different unit displays...

For now though, does anyone know the intricacies of the residency petitions and citizenship? Do they allow you to set labors on such units? Do other dwarves petition or is it only other races?

No labours on long term residents. However, mercenaries can be drafted. Haven't seen monster hunters yet.

Dwarves petition.

Edit: Misread the post. Other races petition too. So far I've had humans and dwarves. I imagine it isn't limited to them though. Whoever can come and hold weapons seem liable to end up on our collective doorsteps asking for soldiering to do.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:17:21 am by Ysyua »
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Boogeyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: December 11, 2015, 11:13:40 am »

I've got humans joined to soldier/petition.

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: December 11, 2015, 03:10:51 pm »

Hope this was not previously posted, I did try using both google and the forum searches to look for this. Anyway, here goes...

Love the program, but I'd like to make a suggestion (one I hope I'm not missing in the utility already!):

Set it up, or give the option to setup an Excel-like "freeze panes" setting. Meaning when scrolling either horizontally or vertically the first column and first row will always stay frozen in view.

To those not used to spreadsheets and wondering exactly what I mean, fire up excel, put some titles in both column A and Row 1. Then throw some data out in that table. Next click on cell B2, and then click "Freeze Panes" from within the menus. From there when scrolling the columns and rows will slide up under both Row 1 and Column A, letting you more easily see what your data means. Or better yet, I just went and found this youtube video which displays my thoughts much better! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb7s7XIj6o8

Again, I apologize if this is in and I'm being a dummy and can't figure it out. I'd appreciate any help there if true.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 03:17:12 pm by BlackSmokeDMax »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2249 on: December 11, 2015, 08:11:40 pm »

Hope this was not previously posted, I did try using both google and the forum searches to look for this. Anyway, here goes...

Love the program, but I'd like to make a suggestion (one I hope I'm not missing in the utility already!):

Set it up, or give the option to setup an Excel-like "freeze panes" setting. Meaning when scrolling either horizontally or vertically the first column and first row will always stay frozen in view.

To those not used to spreadsheets and wondering exactly what I mean, fire up excel, put some titles in both column A and Row 1. Then throw some data out in that table. Next click on cell B2, and then click "Freeze Panes" from within the menus. From there when scrolling the columns and rows will slide up under both Row 1 and Column A, letting you more easily see what your data means. Or better yet, I just went and found this youtube video which displays my thoughts much better! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb7s7XIj6o8

Again, I apologize if this is in and I'm being a dummy and can't figure it out. I'd appreciate any help there if true.
No such feature currently exists in DT. It may be possible though..
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 222