Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1198 1199 [1200] 1201 1202 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2048559 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #17985 on: August 03, 2014, 09:49:58 pm »

Hey, its that guy's creation.

As for the moving of ATMs for a payday round, thats silly. Just put tons more in the vault.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17986 on: August 03, 2014, 10:57:25 pm »

Hey, its that guy's creation.

As for the moving of ATMs for a payday round, thats silly. Just put tons more in the vault.

Well, there HAS to be a way to get hostages. Otherwise it is just a normal nuke round with suicidal crew charging the nuke ops.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17987 on: August 03, 2014, 11:06:06 pm »

Take over the bar and everyone in it for some fun shit.

Like, I dunno, contents of the vault and a ship off the station.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17988 on: August 03, 2014, 11:33:32 pm »

i'm just going to step in and say i am very amused by the fact you guys assume hostage situations actually work

there will be rambos

and the entire rp goes to fuck

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17989 on: August 04, 2014, 12:35:22 am »

i'm just going to step in and say i am very amused by the fact you guys assume hostage situations actually work

there will be rambos

+1 we aren't Bay
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:38:25 am by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17990 on: August 04, 2014, 12:44:39 am »

there will be rambos

+1 we aren't Bay

Which is why I don't try big hostage things.

The rambos always ruin it for me. WHich is why I tend to shoot first, ask questions later :P

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17991 on: August 04, 2014, 01:25:21 am »

So I've been hankering for a game similar to Parasite from Warcraft 3 (where one or two people end up against everyone else, and have to go with their agenda). Is this similar to that in many respects? And what would be good tips for someone attempting to get into it, as well as server suggestions, as I noticed that there was a goon server, as well as one for B12.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17992 on: August 04, 2014, 01:37:49 am »

So I've been hankering for a game similar to Parasite from Warcraft 3 (where one or two people end up against everyone else, and have to go with their agenda). Is this similar to that in many respects? And what would be good tips for someone attempting to get into it, as well as server suggestions, as I noticed that there was a goon server, as well as one for B12.

A list to see if you're suitable for SS13(:P)

Number one! Are you semi decent at RP? IE, you can make a character and be able to roleplay them!

Number two! Are you coming into the game looking for combat or RP(Though this is less of a list thing and more of a 'what to expect')

Number three! If 'combat' is your answer, perhaps you could go to Goon. That place has more combat oriented things than us in terms of how often it occurs(Though I honestly don't experience the grieftacular fest that goon is)

Number three! If 'RP' is your answer, either stay here with us or go to Baystation as both of us are RP oriented(Though Baystation is moreso than us.)

Number four! Did you look at this list and look away because you answered wrong. If yes, try the game because you might like it :P

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17993 on: August 04, 2014, 01:39:56 am »

that'd be traitor or changeling mode, depending on whenever the tatertots or nuke disk absorbers team up

there are various other game modes, such as:

- get smacked by meteors

- sadbox

- rebel against the corporate overlords: now 120% more random flashing

- without oxygen doesn't evoluate

- random murder bonanza: squad edition

- random murder bonanza: wizard against the world edition

- touch butts outside the chapel

- bestmin

i think i got the gist of it there

when it comes to server, you have the goon (something awful), baystation (used to be bay but isn't and keeps the name because they're [REDACTED]), urist (welcome to here, we have a garden) aaand a multitude of others i don't care to remember

each one of these has different opportunities and a lot of space for activities such as the above aaaaaaand these amazing things called roleplaying, being bashed in the head with a toolbox, actually using the game's mechanics to be productive (who even does that) and fuck this post i'm done with it

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17994 on: August 04, 2014, 01:43:47 am »

There's also places like the Aurora. If roleplay was lead, the Aurora would be a box of AA-gun ammo.
Black lives matter.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17995 on: August 04, 2014, 02:50:42 am »

Fun nuke round. Let's see what happened:
  • Two of the three ops flew out the airlock mid-transit when one opened the door.
  • The last one stormed my office (I was the captain) and got into a firefight with me and the two officers, who were a reassigned assistant and bartender.
  • We captured said nuke op as the other two made it back, both groups oblivious to each other. They blew a hole in the wall on accident in the style of the wall scene from Saving Private Ryan, just with less demands to surrender and an instantaneous fight to the death.
  • I trapped the remaining two ops in a xenobiology pen when they used the teleporter.
  • Everyone got raises when we dragged home one of the nuke ops as a prisoner.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17996 on: August 04, 2014, 03:05:37 am »

Number one! Are you semi decent at RP? IE, you can make a character and be able to roleplay them!
If I feel enough into a character, I can RP, though it's usually not my first method of playing a game. I was decent at it on HellMOO, enough to have some alts that nobody linked together, and have had some 3.5 and Pathfinder experience.
Number two! Are you coming into the game looking for combat or RP(Though this is less of a list thing and more of a 'what to expect')
I'm honestly not sure what to expect. It looks fun from what I've seen, and the roleplay sessions for Parasite and similar maps led to more fun than the combat, due to being able to play the devils advocate (while being the devil), point fingers, and generally screw around. Being as it appears text based, it seems it would be easier than face to face, and I know how to word things well enough.

Number three! If 'combat' is your answer, perhaps you could go to Goon. That place has more combat oriented things than us in terms of how often it occurs(Though I honestly don't experience the grieftacular fest that goon is)

Number three! If 'RP' is your answer, either stay here with us or go to Baystation as both of us are RP oriented(Though Baystation is moreso than us.)
By "Stay here with us" I presume you mean the server hosted in the original post, yes? What's the difference between that and Baystation?

Number four! Did you look at this list and look away because you answered wrong. If yes, try the game because you might like it :P

Fish.

I'll give it a shot, see if it tickles my fancy.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17997 on: August 04, 2014, 03:22:30 am »

If I feel enough into a character, I can RP, though it's usually not my first method of playing a game. I was decent at it on HellMOO, enough to have some alts that nobody linked together, and have had some 3.5 and Pathfinder experience.
I'm honestly not sure what to expect. It looks fun from what I've seen, and the roleplay sessions for Parasite and similar maps led to more fun than the combat, due to being able to play the devils advocate (while being the devil), point fingers, and generally screw around. Being as it appears text based, it seems it would be easier than face to face, and I know how to word things well enough.

By "Stay here with us" I presume you mean the server hosted in the original post, yes? What's the difference between that and Baystation?

Fish.

I'll give it a shot, see if it tickles my fancy.

Yeah, by stay with us I mean the server in the OP.

Differences between us and Baystation?

Weell, for one, we're less serious, but still a bit serious. IE, we'll do wacky things on the server, but we don't want people going, 'Urist McExample says. "hao do i maek gun go shoot hos brains"' :P.

We're also running our own code, using a mix of, IIRC, /tg/,Baystation, and /vg/ code[citation needed].

I personally like to think we are one of the more newbie friendly servers, though I may be wrong and talking out of my ass :P.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17998 on: August 04, 2014, 03:42:51 am »

I spent a good 4 hours my first night on the server following a pair of you around and just messing around with the game mechanics with them. One of you blew themselves and part of R&D to pieces after getting frustrated trying to get a floorbot to work, which finally got the floor bot to do *something*. After fixing that, I dragged his corpse into the medbay, where the local chemist was OD'ing on something. He showed me how to use the HoP's computer, and then promptly died from toxin poisoning, leading to an impromtu lesson on cloning.

So yeah, I'd say you guys are pretty newb friendly, at least in the dead of night :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17999 on: August 04, 2014, 04:26:15 am »

Ah, virology.
Man I need to do some more of that. Always was calmly enjoyable, and it's easy to avoid station drama by just locking yourself off.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 1198 1199 [1200] 1201 1202 ... 1654