Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435677 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

((I am SO sorry... Work kinda fucked me a little >______< I assume you probably killed me, so... yeah. Just want to say that...))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

((I am SO sorry... Work kinda fucked me a little >______< I assume you probably killed me, so... yeah. Just want to say that...))
((I don't think we did.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

((... Seriously? o.o Usually RTDs do that when you lose activity for a bit.))

GET CAUGHT UP WITH EVERYONE AFTER YOUR RANDOM BOUT OF SENILITY, YOU OLD FUCK.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Well, ordinarily, you'd be right. However, we seem to have hit a bit of 'the majority of players just got hit with some sort of RL thing', and we've just been kind of slow to start :P.
All in all, you're just in time to hit the ground running, as we've only just begun the real assignment, but to catch you up real quick...

We landed, had a brief... discussion with the guy that met us about the weirdness of our team *coughtoomanynakedalbinoscough*, got sent to the barracks, got given uniforms and a really basic idea of what we were going to do, got roughly 2/3rds of the team convinced that said uniforms were actually an alien parasite (see thread title), set one of the pantasites on fire (and, amazingly, not the rest of the building) to snap everyone out of it, and finally got given our marching orders for the week/month/ohgodswhyarewestillhere.

As for the orders, we have been asked to guard the gate to the palace at all hours, and to run a patrol once a day in some area around the gate that I can't remember the description of, other than 'busy market'. We've also been told days are 16 hours, with 3 hours of night at this season, patrols should take ~10 hours, and it has been highly suggested that medics be left on guard duty to avoid exposing them to the horrors of patrol. We're also being given medical supplies / access to an infirmary, which I'm about to evaluate :P

And I think that's it. We've been given the orders, and are just working on setting up how we're going to go about them, and we've just had a pretty slow weekend so not much has been done on that front. Any questions? ))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((We aren't really inactive. It's just that there is an extremely awkward atmosphere due to how badly we misidentified our uniforms. Charles is just keeping quiet since he doesn't want to accidentally broadcast another delusion.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Not this one, in this one you're just assumed to be standing around looking blank.

The only way you'll get killed by inactivity is if something happens in the area you were in that hits you or someone attacks you. And considering the people who would kill you for killing another player, the latter is... unlikely.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm pretty sure that our survival chances increase with the amount of inactive people considering the HMRC's catastrophic incompetence.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

((I'm pretty sure that our survival chances increase with the amount of inactive people considering the HMRC's catastrophic incompetence.))
((I think I can serve as an example of competent incompetence.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Stacy
Chemical Sprayer? What for?

Stacy notices a message appear on his wristpad. He types out a new one rather quickly, clearly excited about the prospect of explaining all about his invention.

Quote from: Stacy Buttle, Amateur DJ > Feyri Nirel
The chemical sprayer is needed to create a potential crowd-control weapon (really, just a chemical sprayer with a particular payload) - I have the concept well in hand, but I have no idea whether it will work properly in a practical setting. I'm going to have to ask you to spray somebody in the face with it, actually - if it works as I think it will, we will have an ingenious party favor at the very least and an effective non-lethal anti-civilian weapon with very plentiful ammunition at best. Yay!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((We aren't really inactive. It's just that there is an extremely awkward atmosphere due to how badly we misidentified our uniforms. Charles is just keeping quiet since he doesn't want to accidentally broadcast another delusion.))

(( Oh, is that why you're all so quiet.

I would just keep rolling. I think we all understand how the delusion propagated, in a wonderful series of failed rolls and amusing radio transmissions, and we are specifically told to respond with IC information only, especially in the case of delusions. Just because these delusions arose from a terrible intuition rolls doesn't mean the player should ignore them :P
Personally I found the entire thing hilarious and that it occurred at all is one of the reasons I joined this game.

(besides, knowing PW, the intuition that the uniforms are somehow working against us is not entirely wrong. Keep the paranoia alive!)

Also, I blame the dice for any incompetence. Bloody dice. This does seem like a mission that we could hopefully redeem our competence on, lots of chances to plan things in a way that doesn't cause a bad roll to just explode in our face. Maybe. Possibly. .... *queue roll for the palace exploding next round* ))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well that's my reason for keeping my character quiet anyway. I mean, we've gotten out of stasis, someone insulted their ruler/god, people screamed at each other while naked, someone else waved his junk in an official's face, we've mistaken a uniform for a giant sentient space parasite, set the uniform on fire and stared at it while it burned for an extended period of time before anyone tried extinguishing it. If we start failing more any time soon, WE MIGHT GET DISHONORABLY DISCHARGED FROM THE HMRC FOR INCOMPETENCE!))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:31:13 am by Empiricist »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

((Well that's my reason for keeping my character quiet anyway. I mean, we've gotten out of stasis, someone insulted their ruler/god, people screamed at each other while naked, someone else waved his junk in an official's face, we've mistaken a uniform for a giant sentient space parasite, set the uniform on fire and stared at it while it burned for an extended period of time before anyone tried extinguishing it. If we start failing more any time soon, WE MIGHT GET DISHONORABLY DISCHARGED FROM THE HMRC FOR INCOMPETENCE!))

((Oh, don't worry! We've got five months of patrolling a township full of somewhat innocent people ahead of us. We will get to prove ourselves most adequately then.

Also, looking over the team, I noticed that Feyri's kind of the only one among us that knows how to actually use a conventional weapon, I think.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Charles is also a conventional weapons user though he specializes in Speech and Charisma.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( And I'm a medic that uses high science to start fires! Who needs conventional weapons!

Yeah, I think the manipulator only comes out when everything else is already crashing down.

Also pretty sure we can't get dishonorably discharged from the HMRC. Except possibly via an airlock. ))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((We've committed accidental genocide, mass manslaughter and serial negligence-occasioning-in-death. I'm sure that, given enough time, we'll find a way.))
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 243