Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435647 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: The Calm before the storm
« Reply #2085 on: September 24, 2013, 02:43:16 pm »

((We could keep taking it easy until taking him down is needed. Like if we hear the sound of more people coming our way.))

"Guess we could just sit down and rest for a while, then." Milno says, resting his back on the corridor's wall and stretching his arms, avoiding the most dangerous-looking bits. "It's not like anyone will come search for us swinging an ax anyway."

Talk.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: September 24, 2013, 05:30:04 pm »

((Yeah, welding torch ≠ cutting torch, we might have to be a bit creative in reopening the door.))

Simus rummages around in her toolbox a bit.

Damnit, they didn't give me a torch, dickköpfigen people. And something tells me trying to force it will be an exercise in futility...

She looks over at Milno.

Good news for you then, 'cause we don't have a way of doing the job we were sent for anyways.

Examine exactly how futile trying to force the door would be.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 05:34:49 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2087 on: September 25, 2013, 09:58:47 am »

((We could keep taking it easy until taking him down is needed. Like if we hear the sound of more people coming our way.))

"Guess we could just sit down and rest for a while, then." Milno says, resting his back on the corridor's wall and stretching his arms, avoiding the most dangerous-looking bits. "It's not like anyone will come search for us swinging an ax anyway."

Talk.
The man shrugs and sits down, back against the wall. "It's what I was planning to do. It will probably be back up soon anyways. Higherups can't afford to screw around to much, what with...well, you know. You got a smoke?"

((Yeah, welding torch ≠ cutting torch, we might have to be a bit creative in reopening the door.))

Simus rummages around in her toolbox a bit.

Damnit, they didn't give me a torch, dickköpfigen people. And something tells me trying to force it will be an exercise in futility...

She looks over at Milno.

Good news for you then, 'cause we don't have a way of doing the job we were sent for anyways.

Examine exactly how futile trying to force the door would be.
You realize you should probably stop drawing attention to the door because, with your synthflesh strength, you could pretty easily rip the damn thing open with your bare hands.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2088 on: September 25, 2013, 10:26:21 am »

((Uh oh. I hope the "you know" means handling the resupplying of the ship and not some magister visiting with his contingent of 100 deadly bodyguards or 100 alien monsters running amok in the base.))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:37:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: September 25, 2013, 10:32:09 am »

((Uh oh. I hope the "you know" means handling the resupplying of the ship and not some magister visiting with his contingent of 100 deadly bodyguards or an 100 alien monsters running amok in the base.))
((Or perhaps "the whole damn UWM army mobilizing against a new Altered threat and passing through here". With our luck, I wouldn't rule it out.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: September 25, 2013, 11:26:32 am »

Milno pretends to pat over his uniform in search of something, avoiding the general area he hid the pistol in. "Don't have any, sorry. Any of you ladies?" he asks, glancing at Faith and Simus before turning his attention back to sandwich man. "Guess having power can be a bitch sometimes. What good is it being able to order people around if shit falls over your shoulders, heh?"

Keep talking.

((Does Simus still have those bluesmokes? If the guy doesn't let slip out whatever he made a mention of, we might need to try and subtly take it out of him to make sure it isn't anything too important.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: September 25, 2013, 01:59:31 pm »

The man shrugs and sits down, back against the wall. "It's what I was planning to do. It will probably be back up soon anyways. Higherups can't afford to screw around to much, what with...well, you know. You got a smoke?"

((well, you know... They're bringing that redundant turret control network online today.
well, you know... They're field testing those new automated defense robots with all the small hands that can tear sheer stone apart.
well, you know... It's the fluffy kitten parade today, our national holiday.))

((Uh oh. I hope the "you know" means handling the resupplying of the ship and not some magister visiting with his contingent of 100 deadly bodyguards or an 100 alien monsters running amok in the base.))
((Or perhaps "the whole damn UWM army mobilizing against a new Altered threat and passing through here". With our luck, I wouldn't rule it out.))

((Let's just hope Steve would know beforehand about stuff like this and make sure that isn't happening today.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: September 25, 2013, 08:08:23 pm »

I lost my smokes when I lost my ability to smoke them.

Swap through vision modes, see if there's any that will allow me to see incoming personnel before they're in sight range of a MkI Eyeball.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: September 26, 2013, 01:01:52 am »

((... Feisty))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2094 on: September 26, 2013, 12:11:12 pm »

I lost my smokes when I lost my ability to smoke them.

Swap through vision modes, see if there's any that will allow me to see incoming personnel before they're in sight range of a MkI Eyeball.

Infrared might give you a little bit of an extra warning, but really, you're probably best just listening for footsteps.

Milno pretends to pat over his uniform in search of something, avoiding the general area he hid the pistol in. "Don't have any, sorry. Any of you ladies?" he asks, glancing at Faith and Simus before turning his attention back to sandwich man. "Guess having power can be a bitch sometimes. What good is it being able to order people around if shit falls over your shoulders, heh?"

Keep talking.

((Does Simus still have those bluesmokes? If the guy doesn't let slip out whatever he made a mention of, we might need to try and subtly take it out of him to make sure it isn't anything too important.))
The man shrugs. "I guess. I think I'd prefer sitting all nice and comfy  up on the control deck then slogging around down here, even if I had to take care of a bunch of lazy bastards like us."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: September 26, 2013, 07:00:44 pm »

"Well, I'm not losing any of my rest. Think the higherups are?" Milno asks, probably looking more relaxed than he ever did back in the ship.

Keep talking.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2096 on: September 27, 2013, 08:57:29 am »

The man is quiet a while then asks "So how'd you end up here? Another indent' or what?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: September 28, 2013, 07:22:25 am »

((May I get some support here? Like a distraction? Having Faith rub against him would probably be enough to make him forget about the question.))
>Yes?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2098 on: September 28, 2013, 07:35:44 am »

((If by "indent' " he means indentured servant then I wonder what could lead a man to become a servant of the UWM. A way to repay debt or taxes he can't afford to pay? A softer alternative to the HMRC , a way for criminals to be punished? Was he rented to the UWM by a megacorp? Is it a way to pay off the costs of the trip, the cost of his migration to Hephaestus? It would give us an insight to the UWM society and its people.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: September 28, 2013, 08:38:28 am »

((If by "indent' " he means indentured servant then I wonder what could lead a man to become a servant of the UWM. A way to repay debt or taxes he can't afford to pay? A softer alternative to the HMRC , a way for criminals to be punished? Was he rented to the UWM by a megacorp? Is it a way to pay off the costs of the trip, the cost of his migration to Hephaestus? It would give us an insight to the UWM society and its people.))
((Aka GIVE US FLUFF PIECEWISE! IT HAS BEEN REQUESTED! GIVE US MORE FLUFF THEN ALL THE KITTENS IN KITTENOPOLIS SHED IN A YEAR!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 243