Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8436544 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12915 on: September 21, 2010, 12:54:26 am »

It was a good pizza, too. Ham, Pineapple, Extra Cheese. I usually get the honey garlic wings with it, but I leave them in the fridge and microwave them the next morning. By the time eight hours have gone by, the sauce has melted and is now distributed more evenly and boiled by the microwave heating, which I find improves the flavour.

The deal always comes with a caesar salad, and I always eat the whole thing. Despite what people say, eating a whole bunch of healthy food doesn't make you feel good at all.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12916 on: September 21, 2010, 12:56:28 am »

Survival of the Underdogs: Humanity's guide to Fucking the Ecosystem

I personally love that one.

Also, Alcoholawesome doesn't look punnish enough. It's like, Alcoholism, Alcoholawesome. It's just too different.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12917 on: September 21, 2010, 01:02:09 am »

Sentiance, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifecta of a Superpredator.

I have to agree with Tack here. Alcoholawesome needs to be looked at for a second before you understand the pun. A good pun should either go through as soon as you lay eyes on it, or several hours later when your more perceptive friends point out the stealth pun to you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12918 on: September 21, 2010, 01:16:01 am »

I don't remember ever saying it had to be a good pun.

Something which doesn't exist, incidentally.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12919 on: September 21, 2010, 01:20:04 am »

Unless it's triple decker nostalgia bonus pun, i.e. In DBZ, Cell should have been charged with battery.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12920 on: September 21, 2010, 01:22:13 am »

What, like 'Princess Zelda is the weakest Link'?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12921 on: September 21, 2010, 01:32:31 am »

That's a double decker, but also double nostalgia. Completely different thing

[/punbourgeoisie]
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12922 on: September 21, 2010, 02:11:00 am »

Humanity: If God created us in His image, we are as much He as He is (or was) one of us

As if you need any more proof as to why we can rule over nature; there's definitive proof. ;D

EDIT:
I know, I'm a bit late adding this, but still...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:13:08 am by Itnetlolor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12923 on: September 21, 2010, 02:13:28 am »

Philosophy: The study of coming up with endless various justifications for fucking over nature.

You know it's true.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12924 on: September 21, 2010, 04:50:24 am »

I've got to craft some sorta resume before graduating high school because they're like that.  Oh which college to go to, which college.

If you need help putting together a resume for school, you could always make a thread on it. I've got family friends who work in college admissions, and they gave me the inside scoop on what they look for at a lot of colleges and universities... and I've had a lot of practice putting resumes while applying for schools and jobs.
I AM SOLVE PORBELMS!

I went to sleep at 10pm, which happens maybe a few times every year. It is now 5am, and it's too dark out to make me want to do anything, but I'm too rested to want to get back to sleep... and there are another 10 hours or so until I actually need to get up and do anything.

I remember now why I stay up all night. Keeping normal hours sucks hardcore.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12925 on: September 21, 2010, 07:52:04 am »

Had surgery for the first time yesterday. After putting in IVs and giving me something that the anesthesiologist (who was a pretty awesome dude) described as "having a few beers", they wheeled me into the surgery room, started talking to me and prepping me for surgery, and that's the last thing I remember. Now I have pain in my knee unless I take 2 narcotic strength painkillers.  I'm trying to go down to 1 so I don't become completely delusional and drowsy.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12926 on: September 21, 2010, 08:13:32 am »

Had surgery for the first time yesterday. After putting in IVs and giving me something that the anesthesiologist (who was a pretty awesome dude) described as "having a few beers", they wheeled me into the surgery room, started talking to me and prepping me for surgery, and that's the last thing I remember. Now I have pain in my knee unless I take 2 narcotic strength painkillers.  I'm trying to go down to 1 so I don't become completely delusional and drowsy.
You poor bastard  :( What was wrong with your knee?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:08:22 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12927 on: September 21, 2010, 10:28:26 am »

A piece of my kneecap had chipped off, and the ligament around my kneecap was torn. Fortunately, the surgeon was able to completely reattach the piece and ligament. It is now painful, but healing. whoopee.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12928 on: September 21, 2010, 11:13:27 am »

One of my classes has had two lectures now solely devote to Thomas Hobbes, who despite being a big name in the poli-philosophy world, I've actually learned little about and am quite eager to learn more on. In three hours of class, we've learned absolutely nothing about Hobbes. Hell, aside from the powerpoint titles, his name wasn't even mentioned. Just a bunch of generic European history from just before Hobbes' time. I was peeved the first time this happened; after the second time I'm just pissed off.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12929 on: September 21, 2010, 12:29:15 pm »

My Graphic Design professor just gave a rant on how America is slipping in the world because we are not adapting sustainable resources and still use fossil fuels.

HALP.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 8153