Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436965 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: The Calm before the storm
« Reply #2175 on: October 08, 2013, 09:54:33 am »

((Those who don't survive The Doc.  Or the leavings of his Pets.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: October 08, 2013, 10:38:59 am »

((PyroDesu: the next time you want to object, please at least continue the conversation or post an action so we can move on.))

Milno facepalms for some reason. This is getting quite ridiculous. "Hey, dude. Let's talk a walk around, don't wanna stay sitting here until my ass gets flat."

Get back there, call Rasta O'Malley to come take a walk with us, drag Faith along. Begin moving towards the roof.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:10:53 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: October 08, 2013, 11:22:47 am »

((PyroDesu: the next time you want to object, please at least continue the conversation or post an action so we can move on.))

((Apologies for not being able to post in the mornings, or during most of the day. Even though you've posted, I would prefer to continue the discussion instead, more in-character.))

Too risky. He knows that we are here, even if our cover, to him, isn't broken yet. If he tells anyone, even involuntarily, our cover is broken wide-open, since it'll place us here at the exact moment of the main communication shut-off, and they will know that section has the communications hub. At the least, we need to knock him out and seclude him, but blasting his brain would be a more reliable solution, leaving nothing to be read by anyone who would think to attempt so. But that would be a messy solution if we do it wrong.

Your decision, but we can't just leave him.
Quote from: Milno
I believe just convincing him to go somewhere else could be less dangerous. I doubt the Executors are going to read the minds of everyone they see - especially of the drunk harmless man - but in turn leaving his brains or body splattered all over somewhere seems to smell of even bigger trouble. One of you synth-fleshies could snap his neck to prevent any bloodshed and dispose of the body somewhere where they won't trace it to our activities.

I advocate killing him as a final solution - and we should destroy the brain to be sure, regardless of method.

Anyways, leaving anyone anywhere around here could arouse suspicion - the Shadow Walker and Executors will likely know that this area has the central comms hub for the facility and anyone here or near here is likely to get read. And convincing him to leave is uncertain. Best case for getting him out of here without harm is to bring him with us, which I would agree to but it is still dangerous if we get asked about our whereabouts for the past while and he talks. That would get us, or him, read for certain.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: October 08, 2013, 11:25:58 am »

(( What a suspicious mortality rate. Almost as if rolling one of two numbers on a die will lead to success, while all other paths lead to horrible, fiery doom. Or worse. :P ))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: October 08, 2013, 11:32:11 am »

((Now I REALLY want to get back there. Hehehehehe.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: October 08, 2013, 11:37:06 am »

I advocate killing him as a final solution - and we should destroy the brain to be sure, regardless of method.

Anyways, leaving anyone anywhere around here could arouse suspicion - the Shadow Walker and Executors will likely know that this area has the central comms hub for the facility and anyone here or near here is likely to get read. And convincing him to leave is uncertain. Best case for getting him out of here without harm is to bring him with us, which I would agree to but it is still dangerous if we get asked about our whereabouts for the past while and he talks. That would get us, or him, read for certain.
You seem to be going off the assumption he's the only thing that would give us away. We'll be compromised sooner or later when we begin hunting and taking down the Executors.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:08:44 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: October 08, 2013, 01:59:20 pm »

Good thing that we're not targeting the Executors first. We're going after the Shadow Walker. And, even if we succeed, killing him will almost certainly blow our cover, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do our best to maintain the cover until then.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: October 08, 2013, 02:30:18 pm »

Good thing that we're not targeting the Executors first. We're going after the Shadow Walker. And, even if we succeed, killing him will almost certainly blow our cover, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do our best to maintain the cover until then.
I have few compunctions about killing people. I do, however, like to follow the mission's directives, and those include minimizing civilian casualties. He is not an immediate threat and if this is handled correctly, he'll never be one.
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: October 08, 2013, 02:39:58 pm »

Were you not paying attention when I said, 'final solution'?

Safer, yes, but it is a last resort, as I have said already.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: October 08, 2013, 02:54:03 pm »

Were you not paying attention when I said, 'final solution'?

Safer, yes, but it is a last resort, as I have said already.
You seemed - and still seem - a bit too eager to enact your final solution. Thoughts understood and taken in consideration; we will now move on with the task given to us.
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: October 08, 2013, 07:28:23 pm »

wrong thread woo

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2186 on: October 09, 2013, 10:12:07 am »

Milno facepalms for some reason. This is getting quite ridiculous. "Hey, dude. Let's talk a walk around, don't wanna stay sitting here until my ass gets flat."

Get back there, call Rasta O'Malley to come take a walk with us, drag Faith along. Begin moving towards the roof.

"Eh? Oh. Nah. No offense to ya, but I'll stay. Been on my feet 14 hours now, could use the chance to sleep. Or at least to drink myself unconscious." He punctuates the sentence with another drink and lays his head back against the wall. You shrug. Guess he won't be too much of a problem here, no reason he'd tear into that closed door or fix the box. And even if he did, steve still has the bomb...

You grab Faith and Simus and drag them both away. You keep going till you hit an intersection.  Your mental map tells you that following either of these paths will lead you where you need to go, but each has a bit of a snag. One, you remember, was marked "Danger" on the map, you're not sure why though. And the other apparently involves passing through the internal conveyor system. They're the quickest ways up, taking another way would take over an hour more, but would be possible.

What to do?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: October 09, 2013, 10:19:04 am »

Ignoring "Danger" signs is just the kind of thing only action movie heroes and idiots do. Thankfully, their team isn't composed of any of those.

Hit the conveyor system.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2188 on: October 10, 2013, 09:54:16 am »

Ignoring "Danger" signs is just the kind of thing only action movie heroes and idiots do. Thankfully, their team isn't composed of any of those.

Hit the conveyor system.

The conveyor system, as you come to discover, isn't conveyor belts. Rather, this is what must be one of many intersections with a massive system of metal rails. Riding on these metal rails are robots, basically nothing but a wheeled attachment part that lets them cling to and move around on the rails combined with a pair of heavy mechanical limbs. These limbs hold whatever it is that needs to be transported, zipping about with mechanical parts, raw materials, server enclosures, and any number of other miscellaneous objects needed by someone, somewhere. Sometimes things as large as the giant metal shipping containers you saw back on the gangway fly by, carried by several armbots working in unison.

This rail system runs over quite a large pit, the bottom of which is strangely corrugated with several foot tall metal ridges. The only way you can see across, other then some how making it to the bottom, is a retractable walkway that passes straight through the 50 lane highway of speeding robots and office supplies. There are a few control panels around on this side of the system, though you're not sure at a glance what any of them control. 

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: October 10, 2013, 10:40:39 am »

Milno walks towards the control panel and stops for a moment, giving Faith and Simus one of those "Do your magic" looks.

Use Zombie Faith to figure out the correct controls - have her stare blindly at the panels for a while to get a dynamic bonus.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 243