Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437084 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: The Calm before the storm
« Reply #2220 on: October 21, 2013, 12:55:23 pm »

>Well, I can't tell you if it was damaged, but the service lift is on the side of the building where your teammates just detonated a nuclear bomb. And the stairs will require you to leave the relative safety of the maintenance halls, so who knows what could be happening. [/color]
((Steve doesn't sound so good today. Does he have a virus?))
(Probably a throat cold.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: October 21, 2013, 12:55:51 pm »

((Perhaps he's sick of our shit.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: October 21, 2013, 01:09:15 pm »

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: October 21, 2013, 01:29:57 pm »

A nuclear bomb. He is surprised it took this long for something like that to happen. He turns to Simus. "Let's check the service lift. If it's damaged, the reactor it is."

Check the situation of the lift.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: October 21, 2013, 09:47:14 pm »

((Why don't you just climb most of the way up the shaft you're at now, and find a new way to the roof from one of the upper floors?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: October 21, 2013, 11:27:51 pm »

((From "near the top", I understood "the first opening you can get out of". Since I'm more active now, I guess I may as well ask PW about the situation's details via PM.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2226 on: October 22, 2013, 10:50:15 am »

A nuclear bomb. He is surprised it took this long for something like that to happen. He turns to Simus. "Let's check the service lift. If it's damaged, the reactor it is."

Check the situation of the lift.
"PROGRESS HOOOO!"

Before Milno can change his mind or his teammates object, he catches them both in head locks and drags them over to the service lift, which isn't that terribly far away. It looks intact and functional, at least on this level.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: October 22, 2013, 11:18:21 am »

"Now, time for us to get moving."

Up and away.
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: October 22, 2013, 10:16:45 pm »

Hold up a moment.

Vision-cycle sweep the lift before we get in. If it's clean, go on ahead.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: October 22, 2013, 11:59:30 pm »

((I need to get back to using ZombieFaith as a puppet.))

Milno also has ZombieFaith assist Simus in scanning for trouble.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2230 on: October 23, 2013, 10:44:21 am »

Milno shoves both Faith and Simus' heads in the lift.

"We clear?"

"Well, I don't see anything..."

"Gahhgrauuuahralllgurgle"

"GOOD ENOUGH!"

He tosses both of them in before stepping in himself and punching the up button. The elevator groans for a second and then heads up the shaft. Milno paces about excitedly.

"Progressprogressprogress."

"Calm down."

"No way, we're actually going somewhere. For once."

The elevator passes out of the shaft and is suddenly acceding and opened walled frame. The shattered windows of the bombside of the base whizzing by just feet away. They get a great look down at the burning metal and short lived isotopes of ground zero.

"See! They made progress! They did all sortsa crap."

"Not sure I would  call that progress."

"PROGRESS!"

The elevator grinds to a halt several stories below the roof.

"Seems that progress damaged the elevator. It won't go up any further."

"PROGRESS BLOCKING PROGRESS?! MADNESS!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: October 23, 2013, 10:57:09 am »

"We clear?"

"Well, I don't see anything..."

"Gahhgrauuuahralllgurgle"
((Best dialog in the game thanks to Faith's insightful remark.))

"Well, that can't stay that way."

Leave the elevator and keep moving up, check options to get to the roof faster. If any measure of strength and or/technical work is needed to get us out of the elevator, have ZombieFaith do it.
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: October 23, 2013, 04:45:52 pm »

Quote from: Simus>Steve
Do I want to know what happened down in the shipyard pit?

Is it a physical block or has the lift stopped at some kind of command? If the latter, try to override it, if the former, follow Milno and assist with any technical issues.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2233 on: October 24, 2013, 11:36:01 am »

The block appears mechanical in nature, damage to the rails. Simus shrugs. Milno shrugs. Faith spasms a bit.

"Alright, time to continue on foot." Milno declares and then lets simus wrench the elevator doors open. They escape the elevator and wander around a bit; this area is outside milno's headmap so signage proves particularly helpful. There's a set of roof access stairs nearby and a short jaunt up them ends with a door. Not a blast door or anything, just a normal door. Locked though. And punching through a door might break their cover, if there's someone on the other side...hmm.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: October 24, 2013, 11:53:22 am »

"Why can't things just be simpler? I mean, my life's crappy enough." Milno says, his reactions planned and kept in check in case they were being watched by spy cameras, microphones and whatnot. "Well, there's only one solution for this."

Knock on the door and wait for an answer. Check if there's an access control pad or anything nearby. If none of these actions has a favorable result, then try to search for an alternate path towards the roof.

In case there is a control pad, have Faith examine it to see if it's the kind of simpler equipment a lowly employee/servant would have the password for.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 243