Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437085 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: You Need the Red Keycard
« Reply #2265 on: October 30, 2013, 12:29:09 am »

((No, they are going off all the time. Remember the hover drone video, where the drone hovered by firing rocket motors rapidly to stay in position? It's like that, but on a ballistic trajectory towards you.))

((I considered the initial impulse of being shot by the rifle happens to be strong enough to only require occasional maneuvering to correct its trajectory, but then again the description of the rifle doesn't say if the maneuvering rockets help with propulsion in long-range shots. At any rate, it's a chunk of something deadly flying towards our allies.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2266 on: October 30, 2013, 10:13:36 am »

Look around (with Milno puppeteering Faith to assist) for the source of the fire. Whatever launched it should still be hot.
"I did not hope for much when we began heading here, but then again things are never too easy." he replies to Simus before walking off towards the nearest place that appears to be a good place for killers to hide in, Zombie Faith in tow. "At any rate, hold for a while and let's search this place. We wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of combat, would we?"

Search the place and all its hiding spots.

The heat trail isn't complete, but it appears to be leading back toward those large, air traffic control tower like things out beyond where the shipyards used to be.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: October 30, 2013, 10:43:39 am »

Milno smirks. "Seems like we have a winner."

After making sure the roof's clear, begin the path to that area, sticking to the maintenance area for as long possible but taking the shortest route if using the first option would be too slow.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:54:07 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2268 on: October 30, 2013, 11:08:06 am »

The heat trail isn't complete, but it appears to be leading back toward those large, air traffic control tower like things out beyond where the shipyards used to be.
((Called it.

EDIT: Just learned a great expression. Wish I knew it when I wrote this: "Hey, can anyone hear any ringing? No? That's strange, cause I FUCKING CALLED IT!" English is fun sometimes.))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:46:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: October 30, 2013, 02:37:19 pm »

Tower it is. Thank you, Miyamoto, you've just given us the location of our target by being a target yourself.

Keep to the maintenance corridors as much as possible.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2270 on: October 31, 2013, 10:44:07 am »

Milno smirks. "Seems like we have a winner."

After making sure the roof's clear, begin the path to that area, sticking to the maintenance area for as long possible but taking the shortest route if using the first option would be too slow.
Well, that path is a bit of a complex one. You can take the maintenance paths down to the ground floor, but you're either gonna need to find some sort of underground path (one that didn't intersect the shipyards, or you're stuck taking an extremely round about way in order to avoid the nuked shipyards and the smashed half of the control room. Even still, it means a long, extremely exposed trek across the open dirt plains.

Not great.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: October 31, 2013, 11:45:59 am »

"Well, shit." Milno mutters as soon as he realizes the kind of damage caused by his team, either with good cause or not.

Head to the ground level via maintenance paths, then look for an underground path. Faith cycles through her vision modes as he head down to make sure we are not missing anything important or any UE hiding.
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: October 31, 2013, 07:01:11 pm »

Quote from: Simus>Miyamoto
Judging by the lack of any detonations or impact tumbling us, I can assume you or one of your team took care of that shell, good job. We managed to get a pretty good heat trail from the thing's flight through the air, so we're headed to the tower where we can only assume the Shadow Walker has cloistered himself. As per our orders, me, Milno, and Faith (who seems to have entered some sort of walking coma) are on our way to the tower to investigate, and potentially kill, the Shadow Walker.

It's going to be a bit though. That tower is a long way from us, an even longer way from the Sword, and it's pretty much all flat plain. Anyone conspicuous who goes out there will be a perfect target for the Shadow Walker. Good thing we're in plainclothes, eh?

Head out to the tower with Milno.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: October 31, 2013, 07:19:42 pm »

Quote from: To Simus
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I used up all of my mental stamina deviating that round from its path and disabling it, so if he manages to get of another shot we'll have to abandon the command room before Steve has had a chance to plug in. I already messaged the defense team, and they too are going after him, so at any rate you guys should have an easier time getting to him if he's busy with the other team. Though if you're also going along the main route maybe you'll link up with them.

Oh, and go easy on Faith. I've had that to, the walking coma thing. Really weird, it seems to affect random people at random times, with no clear pattern to it. Oh well, worries for later.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: October 31, 2013, 07:27:34 pm »

You want the defense team to go out there?

That might not be a good idea, not only will they be instantly recognizable as enemy combatants, but like I said, it's mostly just a long, completely flat plain between here and there. We have a fighting chance of our disguise keeping us from being fired on, they do not. He'll likely fire on them when he sees they're headed for his tower, but he would probably ignore us (unless we join up with the defense squad - then our cover's blown).

If they can't deflect a shell, which I'm honestly surprised you managed to (no offense), people will almost certainly die. And if it's nuclear, and we're on the field... well, me and Faith might scrape by, but Milno is still mostly human and is unarmored.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:30:17 pm by PyroDesu »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: October 31, 2013, 07:42:10 pm »

Quote from: To Simus
Hey, I'm not actually in the field there, I don't know what kind of options there are regarding cover or potential routes. I do see your point though. I only knew there was a Shadow Walker firing at us and that we can't take a second hit, so I asked them to, at the very least, go force him out of his hiding spot. If he knows anything about sniping, he'll know one should move to a new location after a shot, especially if said shot left an easily traceable line to your location. So now might be the best time to move, before he relocates. Besides, I just heard they completely decimated a sod counterattack, so don't underestimate them.
Hell, maybe they can requisition a shuttle or something to get them there fast.

Oh, and be honest with me: if you saw three people, two of them synth-flesh, moving in your direction across a dangerously irradiated landscape, would you believe they were civilians? Cause any regular person with half a brain is hiding somewhere right now, not trekking across wasted plains.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: October 31, 2013, 08:31:37 pm »

If he knows he missed, I would think he'd be lining up a second shot at you, really. You're the highest priority target I can think of, with your Avatar, until people wearing the same uniform as your squad start advancing on his position. We still have the cover of being civilians in his eyes. At the very least we have a potential hesitation on the trigger, and a probable assurance that if he does shoot, it wouldn't be a quarter-kiloton nuke. That just because of practicality, it would be such overkill to use one on a triplet of 'civilians'.

And if a shuttle were to go towards him, he would likely shoot it down for sure. Even if the team somehow managed to get their hands on his own blackship and used it.

So yeah, as someone in the field, I would recommend letting the defense team be the defense team, or at least consult Steve, once he's online. Shouldn't be too long if he isn't already.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2277 on: November 01, 2013, 09:25:57 am »

"Well, shit." Milno mutters as soon as he realizes the kind of damage caused by his team, either with good cause or not.

Head to the ground level via maintenance paths, then look for an underground path. Faith cycles through her vision modes as he head down to make sure we are not missing anything important or any UE hiding.
The team heads back down and into the elevator, which seems to descend well enough. It take a long, LONG time, but they manage to make it down to ground level, or at least what is marked as ground level in the elevator, but it doesn't go any further down.

>Ok, undground paths eh? There are a few. Though, I'm not sure thats the best. See, if he just fired a shot at Miyamoto, then he's going to be repositioning, trying to get to a new cover point and line up a new shot. Going to where he was probably won't get you much. Though, there might be clues there too. I guess it's up to you.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: November 01, 2013, 10:46:10 am »

"Yeah, I thought he was gonna reposition, which is why I am here. Does he have any other possible sniping spots over the area he was last seen? Thought he might try to relocate to this area, maybe to the roof, and we could catch him on the move." Milno asks.

Talk to Steve.
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: November 01, 2013, 02:13:41 pm »

Milno, we'll want to stay underground as much as we can. Miyamoto has convinced some of the defense team to go out looking through the towers as well. While they're going to be above ground, or possibly even flying out there, I would not be surprised if the Shadow Walker took a shot at them. Being aboveground if he were to do so might prove hazardous.

Also, there's a couple other towers in the same area he might go to.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 243