Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435716 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: The Calm before the storm
« Reply #2235 on: October 24, 2013, 12:35:26 pm »

((I will admit to looking forward to seeing what happens when Milno knocks on the door...))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: October 24, 2013, 09:26:06 pm »

((I will admit to looking forward to seeing what happens when Milno knocks on the door...))

((5 bucks says we don't get a response, Milno asks me to open it without destroying it, and we walk in on Miyamoto's Spades and their mortal enemy, wheelchair-man of DOOM!))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: October 24, 2013, 09:33:51 pm »

((5 bucks says we don't get a response, Milno asks me to open it without destroying it, and we walk in on Miyamoto's Spades and their mortal enemy, wheelchair-man of DOOM!))
((But aren't you still below the top floor?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: October 24, 2013, 09:57:26 pm »

((But aren't you still below the top floor?))

((Nah, we're near the roof. Actually, I think we might be exiting onto the roof, in which case, nevermind.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2239 on: October 25, 2013, 11:04:29 am »

"Why can't things just be simpler? I mean, my life's crappy enough." Milno says, his reactions planned and kept in check in case they were being watched by spy cameras, microphones and whatnot. "Well, there's only one solution for this."

Knock on the door and wait for an answer. Check if there's an access control pad or anything nearby. If none of these actions has a favorable result, then try to search for an alternate path towards the roof.

In case there is a control pad, have Faith examine it to see if it's the kind of simpler equipment a lowly employee/servant would have the password for.

You knock.

Nothing. Hmm.

You shove Faith's face into the keypad.
[faith aux:1+1]
She blows a raspberry and falls face first to the ground. Alrighty then.

The keypad and the door don't look terribly high tech or secure, probably just something to stop curious passersby from wandering onto the roof. Shouldn't be to hard to override, though finding someone who knows the code could work too...though it seems pretty empty right now, everyone has probably high tailed it for the lower levels while the rest of the teams fuck about upstairs.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: October 25, 2013, 12:39:30 pm »

Private comms, not aloud: Looks like our zombie's spring has finally unwound. Wind her up again while I get this open, will you?

Attempt to override the door lock.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: October 25, 2013, 01:35:51 pm »

You shove Faith's face into the keypad.
[faith aux:1+1]
She blows a raspberry and falls face first to the ground. Alrighty then.
((How does that work? It seems more likely that she would roll off to one side and land on, er, her side.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: October 25, 2013, 01:49:03 pm »

((The keypad is in the wall. I assume she slid down the wall on her face and landed on it that way.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: You Need the Red Keycard
« Reply #2243 on: October 26, 2013, 12:03:33 am »

"Well."

Have Faith assist Simus.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2244 on: October 26, 2013, 10:00:54 am »

Private comms, not aloud: Looks like our zombie's spring has finally unwound. Wind her up again while I get this open, will you?

Attempt to override the door lock.
"Well."

Have Faith assist Simus.
[faith aux:3+1]
[Simus aux:4]
Simus and faith manage to, with about 10 minutes of fucking around, unlock the door.

"Now, to choose how to enter. It's very important. The paparazzi are watching. "

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: October 26, 2013, 10:09:09 pm »

"I don't remember her being that way, by the way." Milno says, pointing towards Faith with his thumb.

Have Faith scan the area ahead with cam-eyes and only then open the door, and only if it something deadly isn't found. After opening the door, scan with cam-eyes again, then the group moves on.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: October 26, 2013, 11:09:43 pm »

Nor do I, from what I remember of her. This state is... new.

At least she's not completely useless.

Scan alongside the walking sleeper, then move on.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2247 on: October 28, 2013, 09:29:28 am »

Nor do I, from what I remember of her. This state is... new.

At least she's not completely useless.

Scan alongside the walking sleeper, then move on.
"I don't remember her being that way, by the way." Milno says, pointing towards Faith with his thumb.

Have Faith scan the area ahead with cam-eyes and only then open the door, and only if it something deadly isn't found. After opening the door, scan with cam-eyes again, then the group moves on.
Simus and faith, her head being steered by milno, scan the door and area around it. They can't see anything that looks overtly suspicious. Simus slowly opens the door and milno sticks Faith's head through the crack and scans back and forth with her eyes.

"See anything?"

"Heebadeee doooooo"

"Gonna take that as a no."

Milno drops faith and steps over her and onto the roof. Far in the distance along the gentle curve of the roof he can see the raised section of what used to be the control room and is now a big twisted metal wound in the building. Smoke is rising from the crater to the right and people are all screaming on his radio. Things are going great.

"I don't see anything, but then again he's probably cloaked or at least hiding. Any ideas where you would hide up here?" Milno asks Simus, sweeping his hand across the roof and it's myrid AC units, air circulation machines, metal boxes, divots and over hiding places.   

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: October 28, 2013, 02:54:14 pm »

Private comms, not aloud: I wouldn't hide up here, it's too exposed. An enemy with air superiority would have little trouble locating me and assaulting me. Instead, I would be inside, close to but not in the control room, such that I could tap into their feeds and oversee my own equipment without being in an obvious position. Or, at the very least, keep such a location available in case the control room is assaulted.

Sweep the roof towards the control center, keeping a cautious, multi-filtered eye out.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 05:01:57 am by PyroDesu »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: October 29, 2013, 12:47:33 am »

"I did not hope for much when we began heading here, but then again things are never too easy." he replies to Simus before walking off towards the nearest place that appears to be a good place for killers to hide in, Zombie Faith in tow. "At any rate, hold for a while and let's search this place. We wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of combat, would we?"

Search the place and all its hiding spots.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 243