Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 229071 times)

Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 5.3 - strange bedfellows
« Reply #240 on: December 19, 2013, 01:27:05 am »

I'm pretty sure you can trade with people without a broker - just set the depot to anyone may trade instead of broker may trade. Although it'll make trading a pain (you'll have to somehow get someone with the appraiser skill to get to the depot before the miscellanious hangers-on decide that it's their time to shine) without one.
No real reason to not allow brokers to be appointed, unless it's just the mod's way of telling you that real succubi don't trade.
[/quote
But the broker's job is also to keep track of how valuable my fort is and I need to know that shit to be able to plan accordingly.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 20, 2013, 03:28:16 am »

The keeper of secrets act as a broker, a chief medical succubus, a book keeper and a manager, all at once. However since they have the utterance trait, they cannot find a race to trade with.

The problem however is that you must find someone with the appraisal skill to start with, or buy it at embark. I will add a reaction to provide the skill in the next version.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2013, 03:11:10 pm »

You got a tiny typo:

[SHAPE:SUMMONING_RITUAL]
   [NAME:sumonning ritual:sumonning rituals] => sumonning.
   [ADJ:forbidden]
   [ADJ:terrifying]
   [ADJ:indescribable]
   [TILE:43]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 03, 2014, 03:09:24 pm »

So, I have a question.

Can Succubi prance around naked yet, or must I fuss around with clothes?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 04, 2014, 07:48:07 am »

I did not get around the clothing though yet. But I have not tried everything.  ;D

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 04, 2014, 10:48:36 am »

It also seems that masks made out of metal wear out at the same pace as the other clothing. Is that supposed to happen?

Also, it rather seems that Wisps are fond of behaving like guard dogs. Meaning that they're fond of dogpiling (wispiling?) any intruders.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 03:30:03 pm by Iazo »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #246 on: January 04, 2014, 09:26:10 pm »

NOEMOTION works against the clothing, but its a bit extreme. I think removing all clothing from the permitted items in the entity file should also work, but that needs testing.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2014, 04:44:21 am »

It also seems that masks made out of metal wear out at the same pace as the other clothing. Is that supposed to happen?

Also, it rather seems that Wisps are fond of behaving like guard dogs. Meaning that they're fond of dogpiling (wispiling?) any intruders.

Yes masks do wear out, those are directly from the vanilla df so I guess that it is supposed to happen.

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2014, 08:56:38 am »

So, I've been doing some reading on metals and weapons.

It seems that:

A) Stygian Bronze and Orichalchum are magma-safe metals.
B) Stygian Bronze has comparable statistics to Bronze, yet about 3 times less dense (lighter).
C) Orichalchum has comparable statistics to steel, only a bit less dense (about 80%) than steel.

As to weapons:

They can use and make:
Battle Axe, Pick, Great Axe, Scourge, Whip, Large dagger, Longsword, Two-handed Sword, Mace, Spear.

Based on this, I think that the best weapons to use, are, surprisingly, Silver Whips. (Find some Tetrahedrite clusters, and you're golden.)

Besides that, if it turns that whips are, indeed, bugged, I think that the next best weapon are either Silver Maces or Orichalchum Spears.

Unless you have no access to iron or silver, I think that making weapons out of Stygian Bronze is a bad idea.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2014, 01:44:20 am »

So, I've been doing some reading on metals and weapons.

It seems that:

A) Stygian Bronze and Orichalchum are magma-safe metals.
B) Stygian Bronze has comparable statistics to Bronze, yet about 3 times less dense (lighter).
C) Orichalchum has comparable statistics to steel, only a bit less dense (about 80%) than steel.

As to weapons:

They can use and make:
Battle Axe, Pick, Great Axe, Scourge, Whip, Large dagger, Longsword, Two-handed Sword, Mace, Spear.

Based on this, I think that the best weapons to use, are, surprisingly, Silver Whips. (Find some Tetrahedrite clusters, and you're golden.)

Besides that, if it turns that whips are, indeed, bugged, I think that the next best weapon are either Silver Maces or Orichalchum Spears.

Unless you have no access to iron or silver, I think that making weapons out of Stygian Bronze is a bad idea.

That's correct, stygian bronze is not a great metal for weapons. In the arena tests I managed to make it similar to bronze for cutting weapons and worse for blunt. Orichalcum as a whole will cut better.
Both metals are good for armors however, the lightweight stygian bronze barely reduce their movement while giving bronze grade protection. Orichalcum is even better.

Silver whips are the best you can make, unless you get an artifact or you pick steel from dead dwarves. There is pitchforks too who are similar to pikes but are easier to handle one handed.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 09, 2014, 11:53:29 am »

I added a way to increase the appraisal skill, to allow the display of the fort's values on the status screen. I will tweak a couple of scripts and sprites before releasing it.

At the same time, I am writing the next two updates. Reading Lovecraft is good for inspiration.
Masterwork is a big beast to tame but since the current roadmap worked out okay, I will make a new one to adapt one MW feature at a time. I'll call this season 2.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 14, 2014, 03:24:19 am »

There is a bug with the summoned creatures not using their interaction. To correct this, I have to migrate to dfhack r4. This is good because this version provides me more tools to play with.

My only issue is that there is no mac release of this, I am trying to compile one.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 14, 2014, 04:12:10 am »

Not sure if it only me or not, my summoned creature list as untamed. I can butcher or pasture them just fine, but I cannot wartame them :-\

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 14, 2014, 05:39:03 am »

Not sure if it only me or not, my summoned creature list as untamed. I can butcher or pasture them just fine, but I cannot wartame them :-\

You can tame them, you do that by building a cage inside an animal training zone and putting the creature in. Then you give it a trainer in the animal screen and she will get to work.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 14, 2014, 12:17:45 pm »

Oh thank, never though of it  :D.
By the way, as you talk about cave adapt benefit and underground start point and such, I assume that you want succubus to be underground focus race. So in my geme I quickly break in to the first cave , move everything in there and start my first underkingdom (when I play dwarf I wall off any cave I find).
But I feel like being purnished for doing so, as all the summon require above ground ingredients ( honey, strawberry and such)  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42