Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Darkwood - top-down survival horror. Beta 3.0. Full release on August 17th!  (Read 21818 times)

Lithare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in!  Despite the long post I typed that somehow disappeared that indicated that I couldn't contribute.  Guess my browser knew me better than I know myself.  Game looks awesome!

guteks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@CognitiveDissonance
The additional stuff definately won't be game breaking and can be turned on or off :)

@DrPoo
A lot of stuff will be, yes. Don't know what you mean by procedural ghost behaviour though.

@forsaken1111
Hell yeah! The protagonist from the trailer got what was coming to him :D

@nenjin
Thanks! Alternative you mean alpha funding? It's not out of the question but right now we're not planning it.

@Mictlantecuhtli
There will be recipies but you will also be able to experiment to find new ones :)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Is this made by the same guy(s) who made Notrium, and Driftmoon?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@CognitiveDissonance
The additional stuff definately won't be game breaking and can be turned on or off :)

Excellent! Let me get home, and that pack is MINE!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

@nenjin
Thanks! Alternative you mean alpha funding? It's not out of the question but right now we're not planning it.

Lots of devs open up a Paypal option after their official campaign ends, usually brings in a couple thousand dollars over the following weeks. Not sure if Paypal will play nice with you given your location...but it'd be nice to get in on the rewards w/o using IndieGoGo. If not, no big deal though, I'll be happy to pay full price when it releases.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

guteks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@martinuzz
Nope. Although I'm thinking of picking up Driftmoon at some point, it looks lovely!

Just wanted to let you know that you can join us on Raptr on our Q&A session which will begin in 90 minutes! We'll be answering your questions all day (well, it will be night here in Poland) and the top comments will get to win Scholar and Warlock perks from our Indiegogo campaign!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

@CognitiveDissonance

@DrPoo
A lot of stuff will be, yes. Don't know what you mean by procedural ghost behaviour though.

@forsaken1111
Hell yeah! The protagonist from the trailer got what was coming to him :D

@nenjin

@Mictlantecuhtli
There will be recipies but you will also be able to experiment to find new ones :)

Like.. i dunno, having a procedurally generated story that could be presented though behavior?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Less than 48 hours for the campaign to finish! Hurray for a successful one! :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arise, thread! :P

Those guys aren't very good at pushing out blog updates, but at least they know about it. They have an update, with some basic info on progress and a new visual engine demonstration. It looks really nice, to be honest.

http://www.acidwizardstudio.com/?p=148

Just the video - http://youtu.be/zRX2f4UKO1Q

This is one of those games I'm extremely excited about; have been since I first heard about it. I just can't wait...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is one of those games I'm extremely excited about; have been since I first heard about it. I just can't wait...

Same here, glad to see some news about the game.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I've been wondering what's been going down in Darkwood the last couple of weeks.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Looking great! I'll have to save up for this. Almost forgot about it!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

hell yeah people this is now on for early access in may!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274520/?snr=1_5_9__205

grats to the devs i cant wait to play the game and throw money at you.

question to the devs, you have taken out the random perks/skills if favor of letting the player choose what they want, is it possible to get the randomness back even as a on/off feature ? i feel the randomness and screw you over mechanics in perk/skills make the game better.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:48:07 am by ScriptWolf »
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yyyyyeeessssssss.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkwood - top-down survival horror. Available on Steam EA July 24!
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2014, 04:28:26 am »

The game slipped a little on it's EA date, but it's now coming to Steam July 24th.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/18/wolf-this-down-darkwoods-interactive-trailer/#more-221237

They put out another trailer with an interactive element too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fyhUWP2l00

Trying to decide if I want to get in on this at EA or not. One, it's horror and you don't want to burn out on that. Two, it's largely about the story and the mystery, and playing Sunless Sea in EA and doing the same things over and over again, does kinda wear down one's love of the game. Darkwood is supposed to have some random generation, so that'll help but...still. I want it bad enough to wait until release, unless it's got a ton of content. Because it really does look amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9