Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe) (Day 3 since arrival)  (Read 20522 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Quote from: What started it all
POOF!! You are Dwarves!
You are at a Mountain!
You have picks, supplies, food for the winter, ere the Wolves grow hungry.

How would the population of the forums deal with a Dwarfish World?
Who would be the leaders?
What would be built or dug?

And most important of all... What would the NAME Of the fort be?
BayForm? Fortress Bay? Baynet?
YOU CHOOSE!

Following this quote came insanity of epic proportions.  The original thread ended with the catastrophic death of the fortress, prompting a move to a brand new continent.  The number of players has slowly dwindled, and with it, the former pace.  So, in order to try to see the response, I made this thread.  The only limitation to what is written here is the extent of what you are able to come up with, within reason of course.  You are starting up as yourself in reality, after all.  Though if you come up with some method, you would be able to become anything.  (See: HugoLuman becoming an ethereal being with literal split personality, and then a dragon, after being deleted from space-time due to using a cage trap (DF physics are applied), I was a planeswalker, Wierd Joykill was a necromancer who managed to get out of a pact with a god of death, Ollioli becoming an agent of armok, Corai having a respawn ability (spawned in as a kobold) and raising an army of kobolds that destroyed some elven settlements, etc., etc., etc.).  I would suggest waiting for the fort to actually be built up before assassination attempts occur...but to each their own *grabs a sheild from embark wagon*

Second thread had a TVtropes link: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IfBayForumWereAMountainHall
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:47:41 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a ountain hall
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:20:09 pm »

I gather medical supplies and prepare for the blood bath that a dwarf fort becomes
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 09:32:29 pm »

Zanzetkuken wakes up on the ground.

Where am I?  I was about to download the new version of Dwarf fortress and then...

He looks around and notices that there are others around him.  When he asks one of them their name, they reply with a username he recognizes from the Bay 12 Forums, and learns they were about to download the new version as well.

What if we were pulled into the game?  That could only mean...*shudders*

Zanzetkuken grabs one of the pickaxes...then promptly begins to climb the nearby mountain, where he begins to dig, in a high state of panic.  He quickly becomes exhausted, another forumite taking the pickaxe from his hands as he leans against a nearby outcropping.

I really should have spent time to become stronger.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 09:58:02 pm »

OREOSOME, finding himself somewhat submerged within some of the dirt around him. Struggling to get out, he questioned what had happened.
What is going on here? Where the hell am I?
Seeing others further down the mountainside, he went down, and got to work gathering berries and herbs.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 10:04:29 pm »

Cheesecake tries to remember what happened to him. He looks around, and sees some dwarves, but recognizes them from the forums.

"Huh, where am I? Is this... is this where I think it is? Oh, Armok no!"

After a while of murmuring and rambling, he regathers his senses and picks up a crossbow. He walks into the woods to hunt.

Oh well, might as well make the most out of this experience..."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 10:14:23 pm »

Jbg97 found himself waking up near a wagon, and overheard someone calling them self by a username.
*Well, either this is some kind of Bay12 Con that I got drugged and kidnapped into, a forum game, or dwarf fortress. All options involve equal amounts of murder.*
Grabbing a nearby Iron Pickaxe, a barrel of booze, and some meat, Jbg97 climbed to the top of the mountain and dug himself a secret hovel. Then climbed back down to help some other guy who is beginning to dig out the fortress.
*Hey wait, if I'm here, maybe GWG or Xanty is here too! I'll finally be able to slap the shit out of both!
I shall make a note to practice boxing as soon as possible.*
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 10:22:16 pm »

*wakes up*

"...Oh carp...there's this wagon...and picks...axe...some kind of purple goo that smells kinda like a restaurant bar...carp carp carp. The only way this could be worse is if--"
"Hey, wait, if I'm here maybe GWG or Xanty is here too!"
"...God, what did I do to anger you? Is it that whole not-believing-in-you thing?"

*grabs a crossbow and axe, then troops out to cut wood*

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 10:24:36 pm »

((Oh no. Not again.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 11:36:15 pm »

go over and hug GWG "at least we will have some sanity here by the way if you get cut up I'll fix you up for the cost of not trying to kill me and owing me favors"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 12:35:42 am »

((So in.))
*wakes up in the dirt*
"What the fuck? Wait a sec... Beer... Picks... Beards... I'm a giant face... Oh god help me."
grab a pickaxe and run for the hills, dragging a barrel of whiskey/vodka with me.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 12:40:16 am »

Joe Bridger appears carrying a quarterstaff. He immediately begins gathering plants.

I recommend the fortress be called the Bay of Twelve.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 06:33:51 am »

go over and hug GWG "at least we will have some sanity here by the way if you get cut up I'll fix you up for the cost of not trying to kill me and owing me favors"
"...Thanks? Yeah, I'm probably going to be staying away from y'all. No offense, but it is not uncommon for your corridors to include perilously high levels of magma..."

*head to the forest, cut down the trees.*
*build a carpenter's workshop and start making wooden planks*
*when done, take wooden planks sand build a trade depot near the fortress*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 06:44:20 am »

*reaches the top of the tallest hill*
"Okay... Now where to start..."
*starts digging a hole in the ground*

Gamerlord carves out a deep tunnel down to the stone layer.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 08:35:11 am »

"...Thanks? Yeah, I'm probably going to be staying away from y'all. No offense, but it is not uncommon for your corridors to include perilously high levels of magma..."

*head to the forest, cut down the trees.*
*build a carpenter's workshop and start making wooden planks*
*when done, take wooden planks sand build a trade depot near the fortress*
Hey GWG can I stay with you? *helps build GWGs house and if GWG dosent want me to live in the same house build a new house nearby*
My Sig

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 08:56:54 am »

OREOSOME took the various herbs he found, and began to slightly separate them.
"Hm... Lets see... Good, Good, Not sure, Good. Wait, is that hemlock? "
Throwing away the poisonous berry, and gathering together the good herbs and berries, he took some tools, and began trying to make at least a crude wall surrounding a small cave entrance nearby.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16