Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 12: Game has started  (Read 29541 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 12: Game has started
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2013, 01:44:55 am »

A Shedu then? ...You've got astral on your SC pretender? Well, that's one less thing I have to worry about.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Waterplouf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2013, 01:58:40 am »

A Shedu then? ...You've got astral on your SC pretender? Well, that's one less thing I have to worry about.
well you shouldn't be worried about me anyway...  :P

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2013, 04:41:31 am »

Oh god why... :/

I'm right next to Karlito >.>

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2013, 05:58:42 am »

I have the feeling I'm going to be eliminated pretty soon if I suffer any more military screw ups....

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 23, 2013, 07:45:45 am »

He has to make sacrifices to spread his dominion, disturb his blood hunts and you're golden. He's most likely going with a heavy bless strategy. Having stealth sacred armies yourself, you should be able to rape his blood economy. (he's not hunting in his capital, or not going to for long, i'll tell you that much)
Especially if you took a gorgon SC pretender. Adding fear and awe together makes for a deadly combo, add stealth and nature/death magic to it, and it's a pain in the ass.

+10 Cruel Irony points if you manage to permablock his capital with rain of toads spam. Though if you don't get a lucky merc, you'll need to wait for a while for a good blood mage yourself. I don't remember the boosts for that path at all. It's not THAT useful against blood Mic's, but fun > usefulness.

You may be in trouble if he tries to knock you out before BE starts (which he probably should), but that's your own fault, if it happens!

With all of this being said, i'm sure Kar can come up with another way of harming you, but there is nothing that you cannot counter yourself. Fucking Pangea's recuperating blessable invisible armies, and all that. You are HIS worry.

/love
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:08:48 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 23, 2013, 08:14:02 am »

He has to make sacrifices to spread his dominion, disturb his blood hunts and you're golden. He's most likely going with a heavy bless strategy. Having stealth sacred armies yourself, you should be able to rape his blood economy. (he's not hunting in his capital, or not going to for long, i'll tell you that much)
Especially if you took a gorgon SC pretender. Adding fear and awe together makes for a deadly combo, add stealth and nature/death magic to it, and it's a pain in the ass.

+10 Cruel Irony points if you manage to permablock his capital with rain of toads spam. Though if you don't get a lucky merc, you'll need to wait for a while for a good blood mage yourself. I don't remember the boosts for that path at all. It's not THAT useful against blood Mic's, but fun > usefulness.

You may be in trouble if he tries to knock you out before BE starts (which he probably should), but that's your own fault, if it happens!

With all of this being said, i'm sure Kar can come up with another way of harming you, but there is nothing that you cannot counter yourself. Fucking Pangea's recuperating blessable invisible armies, and all that. You are HIS worry.

/love

What did I say about giving them info?

No ice cream for you mister.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 23, 2013, 08:21:22 am »

What did I say about giving them info?

No ice cream for you mister.

You, and everyone else, should curbstomp Pangea before he gets his global out of control. It's a case of metagame dogpiling on a nation that will demolish everyone else with one national spell :o

Now that I've balanced the karma, can i get my ice cream?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:24:43 am by Stworca »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 23, 2013, 08:52:18 am »

This is my 2end game and I'm really more... more... like... well, like ned stark in kings landing, alright? Honor before victory!

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 23, 2013, 08:56:25 am »

You've picked a nation that has nothing to do with Ned Stark. Nothing. It's not even cold in Pangea.
They are sneaky, regenerating bastards that use fear and summon monstrosities from the bodies of the fallen.

Even their Dryads murder people, and abuse the fact that they're pretty enough to rarely get hit back.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #204 on: April 23, 2013, 09:02:02 am »

Well I could always balance this discussion with the fact that you seem to know more about our various strengths and weaknesses then some of us even know about our own nation. This probably means your dangerous so I counter your claims with the claim that they should attack you. There its even now.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 23, 2013, 09:14:01 am »

I'm not even playing, good sir.
I just didn't want to see the poor chap lose morale due to starting to a veteran player, that is Karlito.

Quote from: Karlito the Thorough
...You've got astral on your SC pretender?
This is a big enough hint, that he knows far too much, to be a peaceful and trustworthy neighbor. Revealing even such a slight scrap of information can (in this case -will-) kill your pretender, if it's people like Karlito who discover it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:19:00 am by Stworca »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #206 on: April 23, 2013, 09:20:33 am »

If only I could rename neutrals that are next to the other players you would be. Its my game so I knew you weren't in it but thats all the better as if everyone is trying to kill someone not in the game then the first year or so should be relatively peaceful right?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 23, 2013, 09:52:53 am »

Mind you, my global isn't even up and at that cost, it won't be for quite a while either... got some boosting to do to get there and all that.

Basic stuff from last time about the lovly people of pangaea;

I don't intend to start any wars and would be ok with being a observing party in most cases. Round 11 players know that I stick to any deals given and even if there are no deals, I enjoy officially declearing war and fircly defending myself with dirty dirty tactics - leave me alone and I remain neutral and boy do I love being buddys. Also, feel free to throw tips my way, yes yes.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 23, 2013, 12:22:41 pm »

I just didn't want to see the poor chap lose morale due to starting to a veteran player, that is Karlito.

You know, we started pretty close to each other in Round 11 and he won that, so maybe you should be giving me advice.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 23, 2013, 02:05:35 pm »

Quote from: Karlito the Thorough
...You've got astral on your SC pretender?
This is a big enough hint, that he knows far too much, to be a peaceful and trustworthy neighbor. Revealing even such a slight scrap of information can (in this case -will-) kill your pretender, if it's people like Karlito who discover it.

Well I guess I'll spill the beans as to what that hint means: It means magic duel spam can kill the pretender. For reference, assuming you're using S1 mages to spam at the pretender, an S7 pretender is immune, an S6 will die 1/36, S5: 3/36, S4: 6/36, S3: 10/36, S2: 15/36, S1: 21/36.

----

In other news, who wants to place bets on whether or not the province "Troll Woods" contains inkpot end again this game?
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28