Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 909706 times)

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #330 on: June 21, 2015, 11:52:06 pm »

That would probably be because straight after extraction kobalds are the only civilisation checked to allow being controlled.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #331 on: June 22, 2015, 02:35:56 am »

They are? It should be dwarves.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 22, 2015, 08:58:44 am »

That would probably be because straight after extraction kobalds are the only civilisation checked to allow being controlled.

Oh. I see now that only Kobolds have a checkmark under 'Fort.' Didn't realize that that meant controllable. I unchecked Kobolds and checked Dwarves under 'Fort,' and now it works. My problem solved, at least.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 23, 2015, 10:52:52 am »

Yeah...the first world I generated stumped me for a bit because I could only play kobalds and I was after Dwarves. Had to regenerate the world once I spotted that.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

The Riddled Basement

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 23, 2015, 05:01:30 pm »

Meph, Great Work!
-- Make a dining room around the 25z pit floor and tada, easy tragedy training --

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 25, 2015, 12:21:17 pm »

Hey, question. Why is the tile set returning to a default after it finishes loading DFHack..... I personally HATE that tileset which is default. Heck I hate most tilesets. I see my chosen set there for a second as the menu loads but as soon as DFHack finishes doing its thing it swaps back to the default...

EDIT:: Wait... Wait... I think I found it. Its this "Text will be Text" plugin or such. I turn that off, DFHack has a little hissy then loads it with the tileset I have chosen... WTF is going on?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:23:58 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 25, 2015, 01:20:42 pm »

Hey, question. Why is the tile set returning to a default after it finishes loading DFHack..... I personally HATE that tileset which is default. Heck I hate most tilesets. I see my chosen set there for a second as the menu loads but as soon as DFHack finishes doing its thing it swaps back to the default...

EDIT:: Wait... Wait... I think I found it. Its this "Text will be Text" plugin or such. I turn that off, DFHack has a little hissy then loads it with the tileset I have chosen... WTF is going on?

The main function of Text-Will-Be-Text plugin is to use separate fonts (tilesets) for map tiles and for text. For instance, if you select Phoebus tileset and Obsidian font, you can have Phoebus map tiles, and Obsidian text.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 25, 2015, 02:02:41 pm »

The main function of Text-Will-Be-Text plugin is to use separate fonts (tilesets) for map tiles and for text. For instance, if you select Phoebus tileset and Obsidian font, you can have Phoebus map tiles, and Obsidian text.
OK. That explains why it wasn't working then...
Thanks for that, never understood that thing...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

pabrams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Child/Baby cap doesn't work - Too many children
« Reply #338 on: June 27, 2015, 10:40:12 am »

The child/baby cap isn't working.  I have it set to 1:1 (edit:  I did this before I created the world in which my fort is built) but I have 58 adults, 21 children, and 4 babies in my fort now.

How can I stop all these children from spawning now without restarting my game?  How can I kill some of them off without making my adult dwarves tantrum?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 11:04:43 am by pabrams »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 27, 2015, 11:02:01 am »

You changed the cap after you already had the babies and children in your fort?  It only prevents new births..

pabrams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 27, 2015, 11:04:00 am »

You changed the cap after you already had the babies and children in your fort?  It only prevents new births..

No, I set it at 1:1 before I even created the world... I know because the last setting I made was to change my fort to dwarves instead of kobolds or whatever the default was... I started several worlds as kobolds before I noticed that setting, and that's the last thing I changed... I had all other settings set before that.  But I did have to go edit the raws to get rid of the [AQUIFER] tags, since Masterwork didn't seem to have a setting for that.

You say it only prevents new births?  So it has no effect on migrations?  What's the point then?  I don't care whether they're born or migrated, I don't want any children.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 11:13:38 am by pabrams »

pabrams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 27, 2015, 11:17:48 am »

I have child cap set at one percent but I'm getting almost fifty percent.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 27, 2015, 12:05:26 pm »

There are three different values that are relevant:

POPULATION_CAP controls migration (adults and children).
BABY_CHILD_CAP, unless I'm misunderstanding the comments in the d_init, only stops new pregnancies, and has nothing to do with migration.
STRICT_POPULATION_CAP controls migration and pregnancies - this is new in DF2014, so it may not be connected to Meph's GUI yet (I don't know).

So, yeah, I don't think there's any way to stop migrating children specifically.

>> What's the point then?

/shrug  Put a suggestion in Toady's suggestion thread, I guess?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:D_init.txt
You can set the maximum population of your fortress here.  Keep in mind that your population must be at least 80 to get a king and 100 to obtain the current game features.  The strict cap also stops fort births.  Both caps can be violated by a few special cases, like the arrival of the monarch if you qualify.

[POPULATION_CAP:200]
[STRICT_POPULATION_CAP:220]

This allows you to control the number of babies+children in your fortress.  The first number is an absolute cap on the number of babies+children.  The second is a percentage of the current number of adults in your fortress (the default is the essentially meaningless 1000% here).  The lower number is used as the cap.  The cap only prevents further pregancies, so migrant children, multiple births and existing pregnancies from old saves can still push you over the cap.  Setting either number to zero will disallow pregnancies in the fortress.

[BABY_CHILD_CAP:100:1000]

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 27, 2015, 04:23:57 pm »

I'm having trouble guaranteeing the existence of the races during/after worldgen.  It seems that either they never exist in the first place, or they die out during gen.

I'm using default activated races (dwarf, human, elf, gnome, goblin, succubi, kobolds) on various different map sizes with anywhere from 30-70 civs on start and various population caps. Number of years are anywhere from 75 to 250. In previous worldgens, I was unable to find any kobolds and in this last one, it seems goblins and succubi are missing. Does anyone have any tips for me?

pabrams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 27, 2015, 06:50:01 pm »

/shrug  Put a suggestion in Toady's suggestion thread, I guess?

Dammit... I could have sworn when I played a few years ago with Lazy New Pack, I could get forts without any children. 
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 166