Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 909734 times)

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 16th September
« Reply #1290 on: September 19, 2016, 08:23:11 pm »

My job manager keeps adding jobs for 3-5 wooden minecarts on its own. I'll go in and cancel them, but they constantly get re-added. I'm not adding them! Any ideas what's going on?
Sid you remember to go to the P menu and cancel the job there?

I do not have a P menu. p brings up the stockpile menu. There is no option to cancel jobs from the stockpile menu.
If you want to cancel a manager order, go to the workshop where the order is being carried out, hit shift p and use the r key to remove the work order from the workshop.
Are you trying to troll me? I'm not asking how to cancel the order. I'm asking how to stop the game from automatically generating manager orders for wheelbarrows so I can STOP having to cancel them.

Edit: to make it as clear as possible, I have one carpenter workshop, and it says plainly, "There are no active work orders tied to this shop." But my job manager keeps adding a job for 1-5 wooden carts. Where is this coming from? DFhack job stuff?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 08:42:55 pm by Dwarf_Fever »
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: September 19, 2016, 10:30:40 pm »

My job manager keeps adding jobs for 3-5 wooden minecarts on its own. I'll go in and cancel them, but they constantly get re-added. I'm not adding them! Any ideas what's going on?

I do not have a P menu. p brings up the stockpile menu. There is no option to cancel jobs from the stockpile menu.
If you want to cancel a manager order, go to the workshop where the order is being carried out, hit shift p and use the r key to remove the work order from the workshop.
Are you trying to troll me? I'm not asking how to cancel the order. I'm asking how to stop the game from automatically generating manager orders for wheelbarrows so I can STOP having to cancel them.

Edit: to make it as clear as possible, I have one carpenter workshop, and it says plainly, "There are no active work orders tied to this shop." But my job manager keeps adding a job for 1-5 wooden carts. Where is this coming from? DFhack job stuff?
Oh, you're using workflow, not the manager profile. Well, if you want to cancel it, then either type disable workflow into DF hack or try and wait for a job to que and stop it from repeating to remove the job protection.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1292 on: September 20, 2016, 06:44:47 am »

Workflow does not add jobs to empty workshops.

Blackworth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: September 20, 2016, 11:23:22 am »

Hello, Great work it is just i do not know why my game keeps crashing over and over during worldgen. I can not get a world more then 5 years old. I wonder why? Want me to pack up and send my settings so you can see?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1294 on: September 20, 2016, 12:27:03 pm »

Hello, Great work it is just i do not know why my game keeps crashing over and over during worldgen. I can not get a world more then 5 years old. I wonder why? Want me to pack up and send my settings so you can see?
Are you using the included pre-sets in the advanced worldgen?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1295 on: September 20, 2016, 01:08:27 pm »

What you're experiencing is pretty strange. Would you mind sending me the save?

Denniz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 20, 2016, 02:07:27 pm »

Using 1.15. Couple of questions about Dwarf magma fueled buildings.

1. Magma Metallurgist furnace - Are there any impassible tiles to seal the magma channel under it? All the X's look passable. How do you seal out the magma creatures?

2. Magma Crucible -
    a.) Is this where you smelt Cobalite/Cobalt? Does it have impassible tiles?
    b.) The need for 3 steel cauldrons (6 steel bars) is a little steep. Why can't we use a regular smelter to process cobalite?

Thanks.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: September 20, 2016, 06:36:39 pm »

I am seeing workflow jobs from last game are still active in current game (same world).  So dfhack is remembering them.  Might be something similar for you.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 20, 2016, 06:46:38 pm »

When I type "workflow" in dfhack I get:
Error: the plugin is not enabled.

Where do I find the save file?
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 20, 2016, 06:48:02 pm »

When I type "workflow" in dfhack I get:
Error: the plugin is not enabled.

type "enable workflow" into the dfhack console

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: September 20, 2016, 06:49:08 pm »

1. Magma Metallurgist furnace - Are there any impassible tiles to seal the magma channel under it? All the X's look passable. How do you seal out the magma creatures?

Personally, I always use drawbridges to create sealed magma pools under my forge rooms, then wall the access doors off. That way even if your furnace is deconstructed, there's nothing to get in.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 20, 2016, 07:31:14 pm »

Meph,

In my current game I set animal men to 0 and giant animals to 10.  I understood this to mean NO animal men and a low chance of giants (I like giants, but too many feels wrong...)  I am overrun with animal men of various sorts and seeing a lot of giant creatures too (every other spawn, I'd say.)

Which brings me to:  Is this a world creation setting or a game setting?  I created the world when other settings were active.

Or, does this setting function?  Or do I just misunderstand what it does?

Also scratching my head over pop limits.  I went extremely low this time because last time I was seeing huge migrant waves early on blasting past the cap.  And my fort value and exports were low.  Probably a vanilla thing.  So now I have seen NO migrants (set cap at 20 :p).  Still at 7 a year in.  I had planned a small game anyway, so not a big issue, but does have me wondering how the pop cap thing works these days.

An aside:  I messed around a bunch with world generation with vanilla settings and didn't see crashes, though I kept them on the small side and didn't try to run history beyond 100 much.  This is just to offset some of the complaints of world gen crashes.  I did not used advanced world gen for these, just the basic gen, but varied the settings some.

I'm still adjusting to the changes to vanilla from the legacy MWDF days.  Some things do work differently (better in a lot of cases!)  But not uniforms...   :'( :'(

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1302 on: September 20, 2016, 10:05:04 pm »

Where do I find the save file?
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Saved_game_folder

Forgive the link, I'm on mobile and it's easier.

You can zip the save and drop it on dffd or Dropbox and send me the link.

As far as I know, the workflow plugin only works through existing jobs, it never makes new ones in a workshop. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why you're seeing phantom jobs

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 21, 2016, 03:36:18 am »

Personally, I always use drawbridges to create sealed magma pools under my forge rooms, then wall the access doors off. That way even if your furnace is deconstructed, there's nothing to get in.

I go a step further and access it with controlled cave-ins. Fluids get teleported to the top of a falling chunk of stone, so you can drop a pillar on a small pool to fill out an equal sized pool at the top. If you dig the shape out tall enough there won't even be an entry-hole in the ceiling. Works for sealing off cavern sections too.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:39:19 am by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 21, 2016, 04:18:19 am »

Controlled cave-ins are fun to watch and useful (magma elevators and such) but for just keeping out magma entities, drawbridges and doors seem like unnecessary labor when a simple magma-safe grate anywhere 'upstream' is an easy preventative.  Pre-edit anticipation of argument: FORCED flow through a grate can carry a creature past but unless one taps into the lower level of a pipe, does that ever actually happen?  Or, if the magma workstation is being built directly on top of a discovered magma source ... don't do that.   :) 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 166