Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hey missing buildings i need help plz  (Read 1699 times)

KillerGnat1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
hey missing buildings i need help plz
« on: May 07, 2013, 06:06:41 pm »

i got missing building they are magma stuff and the golem forge and some other stuff is there away to fix it so i can get it all back to normal and never does that again and yes i got the new update too v3 0.34.11 too if anyone no how to fix it plz let me no i did check they are check in the launcher but it does not show up when i make a new base up too

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
Re: hey missing buildings i need help plz
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 06:16:51 pm »

Usually for magma forges you have to discover magma first. Either from a magma tube, volcano, or the magma sea should enable the magma forge/smelter/etc.

Don't know about a golem forge, someone with experience with mods can help with that one.

assasin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:22:53 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i got missing building they are magma stuff and the golem forge and some other stuff is there away to fix it so i can get it all back to normal and never does that again and yes i got the new update too v3 0.34.11 too if anyone no how to fix it plz let me no i did check they are check in the launcher but it does not show up when i make a new base up too

Bad punctuation and grammer.
unclear what you are saying
stuff that's not in the game.

this has got all the qualities of a bad troll post. A very bad troll post. It might be easier to provoke the desired response if you put more effort into it.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 08:47:04 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this has got all the qualities of a bad troll post. A very bad troll post. It might be easier to provoke the desired response if you put more effort into it.

You may wanna do your research, actually. The golem forge is a building from the very popular Masterwork mod. As to the proper grammar and such, many bay12ers are not native english speakers and english can be a challenging language even for people born into it. Americans, inclusing myself, I'm looking at you -_-

Really, you must not have been around bay 12 very long if you didn't know this, and your post sounds more intentionally inflammatory by far. Easiest to just answer his question, or not post at all if you don't know the answer.

To respond to the OP, magma buildings show up in the list only when you find magma, either a volcano, a magma tube, or the magma sea. Find one (dig deeper!) And you'll see those buildings appear. If you don't, you may need to update, I.e. redownload masterwork.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 09:20:25 pm »

You, sir, put the "ass" in "assasin." I guess we should be lucky you didn't spell it correctly, or there'd be two asses.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 12:21:39 am »

I guess this topic should be in the Masterwork section: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=24.0

As for your questions: if you are playing MW 3.0 the Arc furnace and the Bifrost forge are removed, and the default forges are renamed (kiln, wood furnace, etc.) - as well as multiple professions. I'm not sure about the golems, but the 3.0 update changes a LOT of things.

Check the changelog and the included readme, and if you still have questions start a thread in the Masterwork forum board, you'll have better luck getting the right answer there.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:33:56 am by fricy »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 01:17:16 am »

Yeah, you're better off asking in this thread, since Meph (creator of Masterwork) tends to answer questions himself, and he should know how to use the custom buildings. And as someone said, you may need to discover magma first for some buildings. Magma forges, kilns and smelters can only be built if you discover magma.

As for someone over here, do not assume that bad grammar and irrelevant elements are immediately troll posts. I'm not even from the west, mind you, and Bay12 is a multi-cultured forum. And while irrelevant to the base game, the golem thing is a popular Masterwork element, which is a DF mod.

Do your research before making assumptions.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.