Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 407886 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.59
« Reply #2010 on: May 06, 2014, 03:01:09 pm »

"Always go with the choice that makes better story."

...makes me regret not voting for eating that apple. Or making Golden Apple Cider out of it. I still think it has the potential of WMD if used right.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: May 09, 2014, 09:21:13 pm »

I told you we should have taken precautions!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: May 12, 2014, 02:51:46 am »

I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. This game was supposed to be 2 months. Next week is the year anniversary. Between writing, playing, screenshots, image editing, proof-reading, applying BBCode, uploading...6 hours per update is not unusual. 59 episodes, 6 hours each...nearly 15 days spent on this. And the vast majority of those episodes haven't even remotely approached what I originally intended.

It's getting really difficult to keep doing this.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: May 12, 2014, 03:16:06 am »

(GM Comment: A bunch of votes to eat the apple, a bunch more votes to not eat it. Only one vote to do anything other than eat or not eat the apple. Don't eat it won the vote. In the future, when you vote to NOT do something...please include votes for something to do instead. IronyOwl was the only person to make a "what to do instead" vote, and his vote involved trekking off into the cliff-racer-laden-jungles of almost-gauranteed death-with-no-healing-potions-or-intervention-scrolls. So basically this episode is about you not doing something.)

Episode 60: To eat or not to eat, that is the quandry.

since when does Applejack have slimy TENTACLES?
APPLEJACK DOESN'T HAVE TENTACLES/FEELERS OR COLD AND SLIMY TOUCH!
you noticed tentacles where there should be none
Realize that you just noticed a freaking TENTACLE ON THE SUPPOSEDLY FRIENDLY COWBOY CHICK.

: "What are you guys talking about? What tentacles?"

Applejack may not have been what she seemed.

: "No, I'm positive that was her. Did you see the way she was dressed? And her voice sounded just like her. She even said she was Applejack, didn't she? Applejack is the Element of Honesty. She wouldn't lie about something like that."

Break free from illusion! WAKE UP!
Michael, snap out of it.

Michael seems genuinely confused now.

: "What illusion? Wake up from what?"

you are feeling hunger which aren't there either.

: "Hmm. I suppose it is a little odd that I'd suddenly be hungry for the first time in months of not eating. Maybe it's because the apple is just so delicious?"

Michael looks at the apple in his hand, a smile creeping onto his face as his breath quickens.

I think we should eat the apple.
I say eat the apple.
eat the apple.
Eat the apple.
Eat the apple. Eat it. Do it. Do it. Come on, you know you want to. Do it. Eat the apple.
The apple is definitely not what it seems. That's exactly why we should eat it.
This.

: "...oohhhh...yes...this is gonna be so good!"

Michael brings it to his nose and inhales. His mouth opens and he brushes his tongue against its fine golden skin.

DON'T EAT THE ****ING APPLE MICHAEL.
whatever you do, don't eat that apple.
DON'T EAT THE APPLE.
Do not eat the trap.
Don't eat the apple.
Snap out of it, and ignore your hunger.
I strongly advise against ever eating it
Scream in uncomprehending horror, and hurl the apple away from you store the apple in your pack for later investigation.

: "But...why? Applejack give me this apple. She's the best apple grower person...err, pony...in all Equestria! Do you have any idea how delicious it must be?"

Michael glances around suspiciously.

: "Wait. Maybe you do know. Is that why you don't want me to eat it. So you can keep it for yourselves?"

Clutching the apple to his chest with both hands he snarls.

: "YOU CAN'T HAVE IT IT'S MINE! Applejack gave it to me because she loves me and I'm awesome and it's delicious and I'm hungry!"

Break free from illusion! WAKE UP!
Michael, snap out of it.

Michel crouches down on the backs of his calves, still clutching the apple to his chest.

: "Snap out of...snap out of...illusion? What illusion?"

Suddenly he panics.

: "WHAT? It CAN'T be an illusion! The apple is REAL, aren't you little apple? You're not an illusion. Please be real, please be real!"

Falling over onto his side, Michel clenches his eyes shut and pets the apple with one hand, rocking back and forth as he does.

: "It's ok, you're real. I won't let the voices take you away. You're real. It's ok. Everything's ok."

Several minute pass.

we can probably sell that for a rather high amount of dosh right
Don't eat it yet.
eat some of the meat in our pack to see if that satiates us at all

Michael continues rocking and petting the apple.

: "...I don't think I could sell it. But, I suppose I could eat it later. Maybe it'll just get better with time?  Like cheese. Or wine. Yes...I think I can wait. That's ok. Waiting's ok. It'll be ok. I can just....eat something else. The apple will still be there for me. It's a good apple. Applejack's the Element of Loyalty, so her apple will wait for me. It will wait for me. I can wait."

Taking off his backpack with one hand, he reaches out to set the apple down...then changes his mind and opens the backpack with his free hand. Pulling out some whickwheat he brings the apple to his mouth and starts to take a bi-

: "Oh, oops. That's right, I was going to save it for later."

Michael looks at the apple in his hand. A few moments pass. His breathing slows, and he stares into the apple

Examine the apple with your magic eye.

: "It's green. The magic is green. I wonder why it's green. Such a pretty green."

His eyes defocus.

: "So pretty."

Keep the apple

Smiling at the nice, pretty apple, Michael wraps it in paper and puts it in the main part of his backpack away from the alchemy ingredients and zips it closed.

Then immediately pukes.

: "Oh, wow. I feel awful."

Walking over to the nearby water, he gazes in and washes the vomit from his face and armor.

: "What was I doing? I was going to...something about a...oh, wait. I was going to eat something, right?"

Looking down, Michael sees the whickwheat still in his hand. He eats it.

: "That's actually pretty tasty. But why was I going to eat this? I already know what whickwheat does. It's not like I'm hungry or anything."

What do you do?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.60
« Reply #2014 on: May 12, 2014, 03:34:11 am »

Eat the apple, Micheal! Applejack loves you and wants you to eat the apple!
Once you've done that, let's go to Ghostgate. There's got to be something fun to do there, right? Maybe you can eat the apple there? Maybe Applejack wanted you to eat the apple there? Only one way to find out!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: May 12, 2014, 08:37:59 am »

I suggest carefully grabbing the paper wrapped object,  not looking at it, and chucking that lovecraftian device as far as you can away. Don't look, don't think, just grab and throw.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: May 12, 2014, 09:44:31 am »

"She's the element of honesty, she wouldn't lie that she's the element of honesty!"'
Wonderful logic there, even under the influence of an apple.

Michael, how much do you remember of the last five or so minutes?

Some being, probably under the domain of Hermaus Mora, appeared in front of you, looking like Applejack.  Well, a very human applejack.  She didn't really seem to know who 'applejack' was, so we're thinking it was a generalized trickery spell that made you see what you wanted to see.

While talking to her, there were a lot of clues of a bunch of senses that it was some sort of tentacled beast.  Very lovecraftian.  Anyways, she gave you an apple, and promptly disappeared.

The apple had some sort of compulsion that made you feel hungry,  and want to eat it.  Also, it made you feel very... attached to it.  You said it had a green magic aura.  Through the power of thu'um, we convinced you to put it in your backpack.

Don't listen to the people that tell you to eat it.  They're trying to kill you for funnies.  You need to get rid of it, without touching it.  I suggest you take the viperblade, stab it, then fling it out into the lake.

Oh, and after that, go continue searching for the 'new construction' that we came here to find.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: May 12, 2014, 10:41:52 am »

Now I am pretty concerned about the apple, but I wouldn't say to eat it yet. I'm very curious now to see what happens if we try to show it to someone else, though that could turn violent.

Michael, look around this so-called farm.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: May 12, 2014, 05:21:43 pm »

Now I am pretty concerned about the apple, but I wouldn't say to eat it yet. I'm very curious now to see what happens if we try to show it to someone else, though that could turn violent.

Michael, look around this so-called farm.
+1
ALSO DO NOT EAT THE APPLE. WE DON'T WANT THE APPLE. ITS YOURS. JUST DON'T EAT IT JUST YET.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:34:37 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: May 12, 2014, 05:32:23 pm »

Guys, don't try to deliberately confuse Michael as to our identity. He's trusted and followed us all this time, but has had his moments of doubt, and came scarily close to abandoning us just then.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: May 12, 2014, 07:37:34 pm »

Keep the apple. It must remain freeeesssssssssh. Unspoiled. Golden Delicious. Examine your surroundings.

Now... I wonder if we can't use this apple to our gain somehow. Perhaps what we have been given is not a curse, but a boon. A powerful boon. Because I am ill informed about the world of Morrowind, could someone explain just exactly happens when it is eaten?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: May 12, 2014, 07:48:38 pm »

Because I am ill informed about the world of Morrowind, could someone explain just exactly happens when it is eaten?

So far our best theory is that it was given by Herma-Mora. His thing is getting people stuck in his daedric realm by tempting them with knowledge, so if it is him, we should probably refrain from appling just yet.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: May 12, 2014, 07:51:48 pm »

Keep the apple. It must remain freeeesssssssssh. Unspoiled. Golden Delicious. Examine your surroundings.

Now... I wonder if we can't use this apple to our gain somehow. Perhaps what we have been given is not a curse, but a boon. A powerful boon. Because I am ill informed about the world of Morrowind, could someone explain just exactly happens when it is eaten?
There are no apples in the game. In fact, I don't know of any mods that add them. It's a strange thing. From lore in general, seems like it's likely to be a Daedric trick.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: May 12, 2014, 08:11:18 pm »

Interesting...

So. What if we offered the "apple" or "knowledge" to someone else? From what I can perceive, tricking someone else to eat it could give us the advantage in that they are indisposed while this Herma-Mora is doing his thing. On the other hand; it could very well do nothing which would be a massive disappointment.

Another option to be proposed. We could try to call "Applejack" out on her bluff. If knowledge is this "Herma-Mora"'s kick; then perhaps we can find a way to interest him. If we can find some way to goad him into dealing with us openly, it may make for an interesting conversation.

A few hard questions. What is our goal here? What exactly are we seeking for Michael? From my own perspective, I want to solve the mystery of why we are here. How we got here and potentially; how we can leave. If we have made contact with a Daedric entity, then we should try to utilize that connection to our advantage. Exploit what we know, and find the truth.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: May 12, 2014, 09:13:21 pm »

Consider the object wrapped in paper in our backpack a special asset.  It may be effective to throw it at people.  If you look at what is in the paper we cannot guarantee your safety.  Continue the search for the new construction.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 161