Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 35751 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:21:09 pm »

[[OOC is here.]]

Present Setting - The main campus of the Adventurer's Guild. It's a large, slightly-weathered castle and university. It is located by the sea, and has an excellent natural port. The surrounding city is well-off, and makes most of its living through trade and shipbuilding. A series of canals connects nearby rivers to the city and provides a form of inner-city transportation. Most residents of the city are Humankind, although Sea Elves and Elementals are not uncommon. It has a climate akin to that of San Francisco, and is the middle of winter.

Relative Timing/Location - Act 1 begins the morning after your collective graduation. All of your things have been loaded onto the oceancraft leading to your destination. The composition of the Adventuring Party has been made known to you, and even if it wasn't, it's a safe bet to assume the people you spent the last few years living with who are standing right next to you on the dock make up your party.

Notable NPC's - Renn Gistos, Master Adventurer. Captain Gram, Shipowner.

Other Details - At some point, you will be railroaded on the ship and subject to a timeskip.

[The Dock]

Renn stood near the ship, halfway overseeing the firstyears loading the newly-formed party's goods on board the ship. It was only a few day's travel down the coast to the pair of hamlets that had put in the Quest Forms, and would normally have been faster on foot, but recent floods had destroyed the bridge and made fording an especially risky prospect. He had a good feeling about this party. Part of it was the fact that he'd had a hand in all of their training, but the rest was sincere trust.

The weathered fellow grinned, watching the sun rise. It made getting up out of bed to see the party off worth it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:32:51 pm by Ross Vernal »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:31:22 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Ptw. So when do we actually get to do the roleplaying?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[Get to posting! *pretends to crack a whip* My background character is there and willing to talk. And I expect Xan will have a post up soon.]

Renn took a moment to appreciate the sunrise. Clearly, the party needed some sort of rejuvenation. Or at least, more sleep. Possibly a hangover cure, if he smelled right. Or maybe that was the sailors.

Speaking of alcohol... he took a swig from his flask, sighed happily, and felt the familiar burn in his stomach. A wonderful start to the morning, really. Maybe he'd just get drunk the whole day!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

((Choosing black with glow to distiungish my speech.))
Morgrod stood and stretched it's battered old bones, before heading over to the drinking man, clapping a skeletal arm around his shoulders.
Why hello there young man, may I interest you in the dark word of Mingan?

Spoiler: Morgrod (click to show/hide)
((I need some info on magic and items we have.))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarana was sleepy and unusually silent. She witnessed one more strange dream last night and was busy trying to understand what all the blood and painful screams from the dream should mean. Maybe that was some hint for her to not go on that adventure? Still the girl was determined to go on the adventure, because her old life, traveling from tavern to tavern to dance for drunkards was pathetic for her own standards. Demonborn dreamed about wealth and enlisting into the adventure guild looks like a nice way to become rich.
Another reason to go adventuring was to help the ones that need help, but that motivation was well hidden from other party members, Tarana preferred to pretend herself to be more cynical and egoistic than she is
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile

"Hey, can I have some of that, Renn? Haven't had my mornin' drink yet."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Myrln walks up from behind Renn, holding a thin glass of some sort of fluid in it.

Some night,  eh, Renn?
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

"Oh, you're such a flatterer, Morgrod... it's been years since I've been young. Tell you what: if I ever convert to another god, it'll be the Nightwalker. Until then, I guess you'll just have to be satisfied with my following his daughter."

He gave the necromage a big grin, the scent of extremely potent alcohol wafting from his mouth at the word "have". Renn wasn't entirely sure whether or not his favorite bag o' bones had a sense of smell or not, come to think of it. Now wasn't really the time to ask, though. Upon hearing the dwarf request his alcohol, Renn felt a sudden surge of generosity, screwed the cap on, and underhandedly tossed the silver flask to the dwarf. It was old and slightly dented, filled with what was formally known as "G's Epic Moonshine" and informally known as "Oh Gods, what happened?"

"It's yours, my friend. Keep it for the memories. And yes, Myrln, it was. If that's water, would you be so kind as to allow me a sip?"

He glanced at the glass suspiciously, wondering and half-hoping it was secretly vodka. As he did so, he briefly glanced at the demonborn girl, who looked as though she'd had a long night. Kind of odd, as he didn't remember her partaking in the traditional drunken graduation festivities.

"Tarana, are you okay? And has anyone seen Zoah? I'd like to only have to give the speege* once."

[* Speege - inebriated slurring of the word "speech."

Gamerlord, see the OOC thread for my reply to your questions. :)]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of a sort, Myrln replied, knowing full well it was vinegar.
Sig! Onol

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets (IC Thread)
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 03:18:58 pm »

"Thanks, Renn." Neun said while taking a sip of the booze.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 03:38:55 pm »

" Oh, I am fine, just sleepy. That young elf really tired me off last night" Tarana lied with a soft smile followed by an yawn. Her virginity was quite a large secret for general public. Demongirl learned that to make manipulating  men easier, they need to be sure that they have a nice chance to get her in a bed and somewhat slutty reputation is nice for that purpose " And nope, I haven't seen the winged one. Most likely he is writing yet another story about his so called heroic deeds"
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 07:29:35 pm »

Morgrod chuckled at the young demonborn's comments.
Ah to be young and alive again... oh well, so should I go wake mister too-good-for-us up with some necromantic pain?

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 08:21:15 pm »

"Two stories, actually!" spoke a deep voice from above. Zoah hovered skillfully above the party, his large frame and wings silhouetted by the rising of the sun. Now that his presence had been announced, the angelborn drifted down to the dock and landed with all the grace of an expert paratrooper. You would think a large man would make more of an impact.

As he approached the group, his form came more into view. Wearing a form fitting silver tunic and trousers, one could easily see he was barrel chested and defined, with scars criss-crossing his thick arms and chest. He looked the vision of a warrior. A creature befitting the services of Shin.

His wings neatly folded at his back and he eyed the party in front of him, his expression becoming indifferent. "Goodmorning, Renn. And the rest of you." He spoke quite respectfully, despite looking as though he could care less. "Everything seems to be moving smoothly."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 08:31:52 pm »

Morgrod rolled it's firey eyes at the pathetic showboating before it.

So you finally decide to join us, little boy. Hey Renn, who are you going to put in charge? Cos if it's this guy, I have some necromantic magic you need to get acquainted with.

((If you haven't noticed Xero, you're not that popular with Morgrod.))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47