Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 29952 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #210 on: June 08, 2013, 01:54:09 pm »

Kyle walks in and sits down on the bed.
"Come, sit here."
Kyle pats the spot next to him.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 08, 2013, 02:00:22 pm »

Selina sits next to Kyle, wondering what he's planning. ((40 minutes or so till i leave gotta go))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2013, 02:08:23 pm »

"Now look, I also don't like to kill. I can count the number of times I've had to on one hand. But he did attack a member of the group, and I probably would have hung him of the crows nest anyways because pirate laws are the only ones I fear, but that is neither here nor there. Anyways what I'm trying to say is to trust the group a little more when they decide that something needs to be done, they probably have a solid reason for it. Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, would you like a hug?"
Kyle holds his arms out to the sides.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2013, 02:15:45 pm »

Selina hugs Kyle. "Okay. I'll trust you. Hows your hand by the way?"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 08, 2013, 03:07:25 pm »

"It's fine. It was just a small cut. I've done worse to myself... You know that wrap on your head is kind of disconcerting. Could you take it off please, you are you so ugly you think I'd turn to stone?"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 08, 2013, 03:34:57 pm »

Selina is suddenly very defencive. "I'm not ugly! Its just... I... *sigh* I don't like people to see my face after what happened to me okay!? I just... feel more comfortable around others with it on... *sigh* I was taken captive a few months ago along with my entire village. I managed to get free and helped everyone else as we defeated our captors. It was the first time i had killed someone before. I still remember the look of terror on the mans face. Near the end of the fighting, a mage summoned some sort of ghostly blade that... slashed my face." Selina looks to be holding back tears. "The magic of the blade keeps the scar permanent and red. So i hide my face. I keep it hidden. The only people who see my face are those i heal, so that i can use both eyes when healing them."

((My event was cancelled apparently, so instead of being gone till midnight, i'll be on till midnight.))
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 08, 2013, 04:48:40 pm »

"You know, you'll never feel better until you figure out that there's a difference between killing and murder."
Kyle takes of his cloak and pulls up his shirt. He turns around to reveal a tattoo that just says Zoey on his back.
"You see that? That is the only tattoo I have and, hopefully, ever will have. I got after the first time I committed what I think is a murder. Her name was Zoey, she was the sweetest thing. Then one day she was captured by a slaver. Now, if there had been another way I would have taken it but there wasn't. You see there was always a risk of slavers at our hangout but we never encountered them, we did have a plan if one of us did get captured and the other couldn't help. You see, I had a friend that worked with explosives a lot so I had the brilliant idea to rig the place to take out any thing in a twenty foot radius. That was the day I had to use it. I still have a scar on the back of my head from a bit that caught it. Point is, you just have to accept what you did was the most you could do and get on with your life. If I hadn't I never would've been here."
Kyle puts his shirt on right again and then leans in close to Selina's face.
"Beside I doubt any scar could take from a woman's beauty enough to make her hide her face."
He's says that last bit with a grin.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2013, 04:53:12 pm »

Selina chuckles a bit at the last part.
"Okay, how about this. When we get off this boat and to an Inn, i'll show you my face. Deal?"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 08, 2013, 04:54:22 pm »

"I would always take a deal as good as that."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 08, 2013, 04:57:10 pm »

(Well, I think its time to advance the plot, unless someone else wants to RP.)
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 08, 2013, 05:05:10 pm »

((We need more plot! Or a pirate attack, either are good.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2013, 05:07:09 pm »

((Nah, we need a plot based ghost pirate attack!))
[/quote]

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 08, 2013, 05:28:13 pm »

((Yeah a pirate attack or my conversation with the captain :P  BTW I'm not trying to rp some joker who turns dark and doesn't deal with you lot, kyles just taking up all the rp with tail chasing haha))
Nom nom nom

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2013, 03:15:55 am »

((Bleh, life. And the thing with my worlds is the plot tends to be easily found without it actively hunting you. Unless I feel the need to spice things up :P Or the dice rolls do. Like Ironwrit being in the inn. Yay for organic characters!))
Rylath finds the captain in his cabin, and when posed the question he replies.
 ‘I’m afraid we don’t, my friend. You’ll have to wait until we pull into Bastion for that, they have a few good ones there. though if it’s interesting effects you’re after, Ironwrit was telling me about that rune on offer. I’d recommend one of you takes it. He’s one of the best enchanters this side of the Spine. Hell, maybe even the best. Past that, I don’t really expect any trouble. Bastion’s too well defended to be bothered by pirates, and we’re only a few days away now. You may as well rest up and get that rune, as I’m sure Ironwrit’ll be busy as soon as we pull in.’
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2013, 03:50:50 am »

((Alright, hows this for a plot hook :P

At least until the pirate attack?))

Ryxa had meditated on the blade, but it's shaded steel did not reveal any mysteries. She knew, at least for awhile, any danger would be on the horizon.

So she would be watching for it to come...and maybe sneaking in some time with her favorite hobby. It sometimes surprised people she had a hobby aside from cutting people in half, but she did.

While she was an excellent Myrmidon, Ryxa also had other notable skills-she was an excellent dancer (though doing so brought her little joy), could sing quite well (In Drowish, which meant people thought she was trying to curse them when she tried), and was blessed with the patience to fish. She had never even seen an ocean or lake until the 20th year of her life, and yet...it had caught her imagination. It was generally peaceful, marked by sudden bouts of noble struggle. It kept her sharp, and she could bask in the settings of nature.

She didn't really care if she caught anything, and almost always freed the fish once she had caught them-once she had measured and removed the hooks. She had no desire to harm them. The only joy was in the catching. This small bit of mercy was not enough to balm her conscience, yet...it didn't hurt.

Action: Ryxa relaxes a bit for the duration of the Journey. She borrows a long pole from the ship stocks, and goes fishing off the deck of the ship. She doesn't care is she catches anything.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 05:18:31 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44