Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Gods of Bay12  (Read 34015 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Bay12
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2013, 08:22:58 pm »

Ushuryan?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2013, 08:33:03 pm »

Night fell, and the inn was bustling with customers. At one table, a man shook a pair of dice, uttering a prayer to Gamelord to bless his dice, before rolling them. At another table,a group of adventurers uttered prayers to E. Low before discussing their next dungeon crawl. Then there were sounds of instruments from the stage. Behind a curtain, the blind minstrel uttered a prayer to Donkpoke his patron, then stepped out. The minstrel began to tell his epic tale of creation.

"In the beginning, there was a void, and only Xavanos, Lord of the void existed. He was pleased with this, for he ruled everything that was nothing. He wasn't lonely, for he never met anyone else. He had no purpose, nor did he want one. He was Lord of Nothing, but it was not named, for the title did not exist in that point. There was no time.

But one day, something changed. Xavanos felt it, because suddenly there was one part of the universe he couldn't go into, for Xavanos was the void, and was everywhere, except now this one place. Xavanos saw a tall man holding a briefcase. Something banged inside the briefcase, saying 'Let me out! I want to see the world!' Then-
"

The minstrel was interrupted by cheering from the corner as the people gathered around the Gamblers were either cheering or groaning. Some started yelling "Sacrifice Game! Sacrifice Game!"

While the commotion continued, the minstrel struggled to remember the next stanza. What had Xavanos, Wwolin, and Baldman done next? And Zanzetkuken and Neyravah had been in the briefcase too, had they done anything?

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2013, 08:45:42 pm »

And Xavanos looked upon the briefcase, and he knew that there was another. Another was unnacceptable; another would create, undo the void! That must not happen.

Xavanos swallows the briefcase and it's holder, hoping to submerge them within such a void as the contents may never escape.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:11:12 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2013, 08:48:05 pm »

Name: The Player
God of: Skill Games
Patron of: All who spend their lives trying to be the best
Animal: Dolphins
Sacrifice: A game of the worshipper's choosing is put on a tray above the sacrifice as it burns, and as the smoke seeps into the game, it is transported to the "Game Room", a room outside space, where The Player resides. He then plays against the God of Luck, Gamelord, and whoever wins gets the sacrifice.
Origin: A professional gamer from another universe, The Player was transported by one of his many vidya games to a room outside space, called the Game Room.
Avatar: The Player is, whenever he is seen, represented by a DVD box, that always seems to be just too far away to be readable.

(Hope this isn't too late. My character is either gonna hate Gamelord, of be Best Friends Forever with him. Also, while you were typing, 8 replies were posted. )
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2013, 08:54:10 pm »

(Hope this isn't too late. My character is either gonna hate Gamelord, of be Best Friends Forever with him. Also, while you were typing, 8 replies were posted. )
i count 12
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2013, 08:55:53 pm »

Ushuryan?
Yeah, him!

-----

When let out of the briefcase, Neyravah saw the universe. It was lovely, it was perfect, it was barren. Hardly any life clung to the worlds; just little lichens, worms, and a few other creatures to keep the cycles going. Neyravah were a being of these living cycles, but to see them so stunted hurt Them. They had to do something, so They did.
First, They made the small flora, the grasses and mosses, mushrooms and algae, mold and weeds. Then They made some small animals to feed on the plants--fishes and mice, rabbits and sparrows. Then, the larger plants and animals--bushes and barn owls, hawthorns and horses, sharks and saguaros. Neyravah made more and more magnificent beings, and smaller ones to fill in the gaps where they were needed. It took much time, but Neyravah managed to make nearly every species, from greatest to least. And there was not one cycle but ten thousand, interlocking and making each part of the whole system beautiful as the whole of the universe had been before Neyravah added Their gift.
The greatest creations of Neyravah were the Drakes and the Dragons. The Drakes came in two general groups, Lesser and Greater. Lesser Drakes were fairly normal animals, albeit seen as far greater to Neyravah than other species. Greater Drakes were far rarer but more powerful--titanic herbivores, mighty carnivores, cunning omnivores. They were also a bit in tune with magic. The Dragons were rarest of all, numbering in the low dozens at the Birth of Nature and never reaching a thousand as far as is known, a single race as diverse as an order or perhaps a class. They were brilliant, powerful, magically attuned.
Other races were made by Neyravah, as well. The dwarves of the rocky isles, the humans of the plains, the elves of the jungles, the squiddles of the depths, and many others. They were made by Neyravah in the course of Their creations, on purpose or accident. They were not disliked by Neyravah, but they were only held in inherent minor regard by Neyravah.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 08:58:55 pm »

((Not to dull the mood, but I think it was Un'Girlan, and you'll have to make a works first before you create anything. Void is all there is for now.))
Sig! Onol

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2013, 09:06:45 pm »

Name: Skaavnhaelod
God of: Festivals, Eccentricity, Masks, Solitude, Poor Choices, Contruction, Pollution, and Resource Acquisition
Patron of: Eccentrics, freaks, the oppressed, and the malformed.
Animals: Foxes and cats.
Sacrifice: A party thrown in the forest with a number of guests divisible by four or seven. All must wear a mask made out of either willow, ash, porcelain, glass, copper, or human skin. Food and drink must be excessive, in addition to a musician who plays any string instrument, preferably the cello. One guest must be set ablaze, preferably the one who brought a copper mask, and ashes put into an eight foot tall willow or ashen statue with four arms, and then set ablaze again. The musician will be kept hostage for four days, seven hours, and eight minutes before being beaten to death with his own instrument and corpse strung up into a marionette. The marionette will be hung from a tree outside the city gates. OR, you could just make a mask and set the mask ablaze, but where's the fun in that?
Origin: Manifestation of the combined desires of the rich party-throwers and the poor laborers.
Avatar: Tall, four-armed man with horns shaped like sevens. Smooth, necrotic, reddish-gray skin with short, dirty blonde hair. Wears a white porcelain mask with blood-red and electric cyan metal accents under the eyes and under the mouth, in addition to a cloak stitched together from wolf and fox furs, a silvery, silken shirt, brown working pants, black shoes, an iron-chained necklace with a marquise-cut garnet hanging as the centerpiece, and four aluminium rings, one with an image of a fox in turquoise, another with a cat in cinnabar, third with a pickaxe of bismuth, and last with a lead scepter. Wields a simple bronze hatchet and an elegant steel foil.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2013, 09:06:46 pm »

Name: ɼɻɰɵɷɓ- usually called The Producer
God of: Theater, (Black)Comedy
Patron of: Actors, freaks
Animal: Hyenas
Sacrifice: Any person deemed 'way too logical' shall be drowned in (preferably rotten) tomatoes and eaten as communion supper. Theater critics will also do.
Origin: Reportedly 'stumbled into' this universe during fit of manic laughter at a critic's review.
Avatar: A formless black cloud that can take almost any form, but always wears a 'creepy' smiling mask. Summoned by using an identical mask, always carved of ivory.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:06:48 pm by Dansmithers »
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2013, 09:07:09 pm »

((Not to dull the mood, but I think it was Un'Girlan, and you'll have to make a works first before you create anything. Void is all there is for now.))
Yep. The only thing that isn't nothing is wwolin and his briefcase.
Sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2013, 09:11:40 pm »

Yep. The only thing that isn't nothing is wwolin and his briefcase.
Edited my post, just so you know.
Sig! Onol

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2013, 09:11:52 pm »

((Can people still join? If so...))

Spoiler: SHEET OF DOOM (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:44:00 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2013, 09:16:33 pm »

(The) Zanzetkuken(s) escape from the briefcase, before anything happens.  Each of the two dragons then, after the others leave, moves to a far distance to escape any conflict and survive.

If they are found by Xavanos, then they plead to not be devoured in exchange for them only modifying what is created by others, never creating things themselves.

((This will come back to bite me later, but if I survive, and possibly get some leeway with another deity, then it is worth it.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:27:45 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2013, 09:20:14 pm »

Wolin was prepared for this. He was prepared for everything. Inside the briefcase was a world, meant to burn through the void like wildfire.

Wolin opens the case, prying Xavanos' jaws open with the world contained inside.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2013, 09:55:06 pm »

((I'm assuming that there will be something, however. If not, there's not much I can do. I'm not the God of Rocks.))

I'd like to note that having the World be inside the Devourer would be pretty neat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15