Advanced search  

Author Topic: HELP  (Read 1354 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
HELP
« on: June 05, 2013, 02:55:49 pm »

SO MY FISHERY WORKER WENT BERZERK AND HES HITTING PEOPLE HE HAS MILITARY TRAINING HELP

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 03:03:48 pm »

"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish."  On a more serious note, what caused his freakout?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:05:57 pm by VerdantSF »

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 03:34:04 pm »

easy enough. order the rest of the military to kill him if he does not calm down

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 03:42:04 pm »

cage traps by stairs in advance next time.

This time puteveryone ina squad and gettim.  Unless he also hasa weapons.  Then hope he chases some idiot outside.  This is why ppppppp.

proper planing and placement prevents pouter's primitive pummeling
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 03:47:45 pm »

The fort tantrum spiraled to death. I saved the fort while it was at its prime to a folder in my pc, but how do you play save games you download or transfer to the SG folder?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 03:51:30 pm »

Nothing to it, you just put the folder in your data/save folder with the other regions.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 03:56:41 pm »

The save wont show up, just the create new world thing, no start playing

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 04:18:31 pm »

Well.  What exactly did you copy?

Dwarf Fortress/data/save/regionX

You should have created a copy the "regionX/" folder.  Rename it something else, like, "regionY/".  or "GuardsmanBackup/".  It doesn't matter what the name is.  You don't have to move it, but since you already did, you have to move it back.  voila!  If you don't rename it, and paste it back on top of another instance of a folder with the same name, you might or might not have problems. 

If you did that and it's not working, I'm not sure.  it works for me 100 times out of 100.  If you have an OS that moves your files around without asking you then your mileage may vary, I've heard of this happening on Windows 7 (specifically if you put DF in your Program Files folder, it hides your data/ directory in some place called Appdata), but I don't have that.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 10:10:48 pm »

Well.  What exactly did you copy?

Dwarf Fortress/data/save/regionX

You should have created a copy the "regionX/" folder.  Rename it something else, like, "regionY/".  or "GuardsmanBackup/".  It doesn't matter what the name is.  You don't have to move it, but since you already did, you have to move it back.  voila!  If you don't rename it, and paste it back on top of another instance of a folder with the same name, you might or might not have problems. 

If you did that and it's not working, I'm not sure.  it works for me 100 times out of 100.  If you have an OS that moves your files around without asking you then your mileage may vary, I've heard of this happening on Windows 7 (specifically if you put DF in your Program Files folder, it hides your data/ directory in some place called Appdata), but I don't have that.
C:\Users\UserName\AppData  is a hidden folder used for various programs. Unless you're messing with Minecraft, it's relatively useless.  You have it, it's just hidden.  Press start, search for "%appdata%" without the quotes; this will take you to your /Appdata/Roaming folder, you can click AppData from the address bar and bam.

Nevertheless, I'm running Win7 and so far, haven't had an issue with it, aside from a raw copy/paste issue once, but that might have been my own fault.
'ere the Chias get hungry...

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 12:02:41 am »

bigger question is why are you putting DF in a security protocol ridden folder like program files or its x86 variant? i prefer to err on the side of caution and assume toady has not coded in the necessary security protocols. I guess it comes from playing decade old games so often.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 10:11:36 am »

Nevermind, i started a new save and its doing FAR better.