Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 11: Endymion as Agartha Won - Link to Playlist of my Videos  (Read 45680 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 11: Game in Progress
« Reply #690 on: June 03, 2013, 09:58:48 pm »

Well, if there's any problem with the battle script, they'll throw away the entire thing. I'd probably have to see the actual replay to understand what the problem was, but mages do follow the orders you give them as long as they're possible.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 03, 2013, 10:17:33 pm »

My guess is you're talking about Cadence. She has Barrier, which gives her 100% resistance to shock(And Fire, and she comes with frost and poison, so with that shield she has all 4)-- so Orb lightning would have been less effective than Decay. Not saying decay would have been effective. Over 1000 years to spare on her. And 25 MR.

I was more or less just throwing her around seeing just how much abuse she could take. With that massive regen, invulnerability to all the elements, and a huge MR.... well, she did decent. She is 5 stars now.

I guess I'll resummon her again. It ain't like I'm low on water gems.

--

As for your capital, I finally hit it with something designed to the situation. I preached up so it is in my dom so those vampires would be dead even if I lost. Then the Queen of Clouds was outfit with Mage Bane along with a bunch of other nice gear to get the kill. The lowered hit points due to dom was also useful. (Btw, when Agartha is slinging queens of elemental air around, it probably means they've got more resources than they know what to do with.)

--

As for Keboo, I'm not sure he has any forces left. More importantly, however, he appears by my count to only have 7 candles left. I'm sending the relevant cure towards him at the moment.

Pangaea has 4 provinces left, which will only take a few more turns to clean up. Curiously, there is something in Dupros causing a battle every turn-- at the end of the turn, after upkeep even, I get attacked there by a handful of maenads with no leader that immediately rout.

----

Here is a fun stat for you: My gem income is currently 21 Fire, 31 Air, 49 Water, 38 Earth, 32 Astral, 48 Death, and 31 nature. Not counting the odd extra gem or two from items and commanders that produce them, and the odd random event.

I have 4 Naiads summoned at the moment that spend every turn turning 10 water gems into 15 Naiad warriors each. You might have seen them around. Ya know, the light infantry with Awe... and more importantly no upkeep. If there is a better way to spend a basically unending supply of water gems, I don't know it. Anyways, If Shining Armor ever gets his freaking mute affliction cured I was going to have him warp and army of 280 of them plus a handful of siege golems wherever I needed them.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 03, 2013, 10:37:10 pm »

I set my guys to be AI this turn. I have several commanders and maybe 20-30 troops in total left. Barely enough to beat PD. So no point in sticking around. It was a good game and I learned a thing or two. And I'll always have Shining Armor's ignoble death to celebrate.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 04, 2013, 08:36:00 am »

Ah shock resistance.  I must admit I didn't check for that mostly because for some reason you hadn't used it much on your units so far.  The mass luck was a nice touch on the capital attacking army.  I was considering spamming the call horror spell but I just don't care very much anymore and it probably wouldn't have helped much.

Uh those regenerating things that cost water gems and need a water / earth Mage probably would have been good against my undead hordes immune to awe.  Clay men I think.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Dom3 Round 11: Endymion as Agartha Won - Link to Playlist of my Videos
« Reply #694 on: June 06, 2013, 10:56:59 pm »

The game is over and Agartha has won. For those interested you can watch my view point on the game. The playlist of all my videos from this round are here.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 07, 2013, 12:40:49 am »

The game is over and Agartha has won. For those interested you can watch my view point on the game. The playlist of all my videos from this round are here.

I want to kill you! but you probably get better.

Hmmm maybe I am being WAAAAY too harsh... I mean waaaay too harsh.

You just hit a few of my letsplay pet peeves that I WAAAY overreact to. I think I may have Letsplay rabies.

I feel especially bad since you actually responded to pretty much my every post.

I hate you guys! always making me want to buy dominions 3, but it is too expensive!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:23:58 am by Neonivek »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 07, 2013, 08:40:38 am »

Sup - could we view the stats and remiss about how I screwed everything up by helping agartha and then getting sucked away into rl?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 07, 2013, 02:27:03 pm »

Sup - could we view the stats and remiss about how I screwed everything up by helping agartha and then getting sucked away into rl?

Agartha wins a LOT so there is no guilt in losing to them.

Once they get going it is very difficult to stop them. As well from what I can see, they got onto land rather early.

(Dang missed a good sale... 9 dollars was perfect! heck the sale was even better from what I heard NOOO!!!)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:09:02 pm by Neonivek »

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 07, 2013, 08:15:15 pm »

Alright, anyone who wants to see how I did it, I'm providing a link to a zip of all my turn and 2h files. You'll have to take off the number at the front of the file to get dom3 to actually recognize them, so it is a bit of a pain.

https://docs.google.com/a/trioptimum.com/file/d/0BzfRcH6EfcN9d1pMUHNWVjR5ZW8/edit?usp=sharing

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 08, 2013, 07:40:23 pm »

Endy, I am curious which part of the game was the hardest for you.  I'm sure it was pretty easy at the end with all those resources but was there anything earlier on that gave you a hard time or made you concerned?  What were you most worried about getting in the way of victory?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 09, 2013, 05:02:44 am »

Hmm. Well, the opening went more or less as planned-- a bless combined with Agarthan sacreds made initial expansion go smoothly. Once the wars started I was heavily relying on using Agartha's awesome spell (paths through the deep) to keep all my forces on the front.

There was one thing that worried me, and probably could have killed me if it had been executed better. I had terrible defense-- all my troops were always at the front. So when I was attacked by Niefelheim I had to recall an army from TC to deal with it. Similarly when R'yleh attacked me later on it threw me off guard and required a similar response. Also this can be seen in my inability to deal with TC's attack on my water provinces-- my defense was crap across the board. Had all three of them attacked in sync it would have done massive damage to me and ruined me completely-- but as is their attacks were separate, by the time R'yleh did his offensive I had already dealt with Niefelheim's and I was able to move that army to deal with them.

So yeah, the 'hardest' part was really anytime I was forced to adapt to my opponents moves in the midgame. When I was on offense I had everything set up and ready, but I was really not ready to deal with any opposition.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]