Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many want to keep this up in the next release?

Me
- 16 (22.9%)
Me!
- 54 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 261

Author Topic: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.  (Read 500656 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.
« Reply #2940 on: December 03, 2013, 08:43:58 am »

I started playing adventure mode with this and I have one question to ask. Would it be okay to post screenshots of my charachter dying horribly in adv. mode?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: December 03, 2013, 09:54:30 am »

Are there any races that somehow produce metals not found elsewhere, but the playable race can melt them down for the ingots?
Not sure if this was answered, but I'm pretty sure the roundabout way of doing this is to give the race (and only that race) a reaction to make the metal bars from something else. It probably doesn't matter for now since civs technically have infinite resources, but it'll like matter after the next release. Everyone else will just smelt their gear down to bars as normal and forge it however they do so.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: December 04, 2013, 12:09:31 am »

I started playing adventure mode with this and I have one question to ask. Would it be okay to post screenshots of my charachter dying horribly in adv. mode?
I think that such an action would be quite encouraged.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: December 04, 2013, 09:10:52 am »

Sorry. I couldn't figure out how to post screenshots yet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think the only bug I found was the zombies that ambushed me.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: December 04, 2013, 03:15:11 pm »

I wonder if I could maybe add something to this mod; if so, my current idea is a type of Evil Bread, using a syndrome with a 50% chance of reviving (syndromes can revive creatures, right? Or is that some type of dust?) the Bread and a 50% chance of turning the Evil Bread corpse into bread, a prepared meal. The pref would be "pathetic screaming" and I think I might be able to add a speak function to allow the creatures to say "Grains...Graiiins!...GRAIIINS!!!"

Sound good?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:32:03 am by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: December 04, 2013, 03:31:32 pm »

Beautiful... :'((Tears of joy)
Crack-a-lack-a

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: December 04, 2013, 03:34:41 pm »

I wonder if I could maybe ad something to this; if so, my current idea is a type of Evil Bread, using a syndrome with a 50% chance of reviving (syndromes can revive creatures, right? Or is that some type of dust?) the Bread and a 50% chance of turning the Evil Bread corpse into bread, a prepared meal. The pref would be "pathetic screaming" and I think I might be able to add a speak function to allow the creatures to say "Grains...Graiiins!...GRAIIINS!!!"

Sound good?

Just so I'm clear on what you're asking for, as I think I may have read that wrong, but you want the bread to be a creature found in the wild, not made by players, correct?

You can't resurrect or animate a creature with a syndrome, that's an interaction you're thinking of. I don't believe it is possible to set a chance for animation, it will always happen. But I may be wrong. As a work-around you could give it two interactions, one to raise dead loaves of bread and another to turn the bread into a creature that dies and leaves behind bread.

It should certainly be possible to create, though.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: December 04, 2013, 04:54:31 pm »

You're not wrong.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: December 04, 2013, 06:14:34 pm »

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: December 05, 2013, 07:01:03 am »

It's going to take me a few weeks to implement the Evil Bread; I don't have much time till the 20th. Anyway, should I just post the raws for the creatures here once I'm done or should I download the whole raws, put them in and then post the complete set? I'm guessing the latter, to avoid the raws being put in the wrong places, but if someone else is having a full editing turn right about then, that could cause problems. I don't have enough ideas to warrant a full turn, though.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: December 05, 2013, 10:48:01 am »

Spoiler: Contribution advice (click to show/hide)
From the first post. So post it, say where it goes plus any notes, and leave it to the modder to decide if they want it. Evil bread huh, neat if a little strange, would probably remove it from any version I download tbh.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: December 06, 2013, 11:57:47 pm »

Excerpt from the Journal of Dirt Championblue, Manager of The Masters of Battle and Oldgreen:

5th Felsite, 502

Our small hamlet has actually managed to achieve some minor  accomplishments this year. The water has all thawed out, so our fishermen can now continue to provide for our needs. Our production of goods has increased, and our militia continues to train beneath the earth in the small barracks. The cellar has been expanded, and now includes another room that leads into an entirely different section for storage. Soon, we wont have to leave our valuables strewn across the ground.

More houses are being constructed for our residents. Paved roadway will soon be placed to better connect our town, though I believe we will start with dirt ones, simply to map out their path.

Finally, a large number of migrating halflings came across the river and into the hamlet recently. They are mostly artisans, farmers, and animal workers. They refuse to disclose any of their intentions, but I suspect that they were sent by the Trade Guild to increase our production level. We now have forty-three mouths to feed.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 11:12:01 pm by Gnorm »
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: December 07, 2013, 12:56:27 pm »

Lol, poor little halflings, I'm sure they'll be providing the caravans with many-a-good.

While I'm here; Does DF from Scrath have any Good or Evil area specific animals? I'm more curious about good regions to be honest.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: December 07, 2013, 02:20:32 pm »

Lol, poor little halflings, I'm sure they'll be providing the caravans with many-a-good.

While I'm here; Does DF from Scrath have any Good or Evil area specific animals? I'm more curious about good regions to be honest.

Looking at Github, there's only one evil creature, which are black angels. There are also wisps of rage, but those are vermin. I haven't seen any good creatures, but cognac grapes are the only good plant. No evil plants though.

It seems that there's only one interaction that's for both good and evil areas, which is just fog.

E: I accidentally a word, but I fix'd it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:35:08 pm by BlackFlyme »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: December 07, 2013, 02:32:21 pm »

I was planning to make the Bread an evil region-specific creature anyway, so that falls into place nicely.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 261