Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 32296 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[Let's go with, say...

50 for 5 Rocket Shotgun shots.
100 for 10 Missile shots.
100 for 150 rounds.
100 for 20 RPG shots.]

[Kyle]: You help load up the sled.

[Alexis]: You harvest plenty of metal to convert to RAW later. Off in the distance, your HUD picks up incoming aircraft, which does not trigger your Friend/Foe recognition system. It's an entirely unknown craft, and even under high magnification you can't yet make out the details.

[Aria]: You are surrounded by the dead, and decide to vacate the ship section you are in after a sparking bit of wire starts a fire. While your armor can help reduce damage, you find little point in sticking around to gawk at the dead while your shields degrade.

[Squad]: Before too much logner, Alexis's Armor uploads the incoming craft on the tacmap. The ETA is in under a minute and counting. Your Friend or Foe system does not currently recognize the craft, but as it draws closer, the system classifies it as an enemy survey drone, superimposing a red arrow over it. It's going fast, and appears to be flying high enough to be out of the range of most weapons.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Hostile craft incoming. [WL:4/6]
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2013, 12:20:34 am »

[Just letting you know, I updated my sheet.]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2013, 12:27:11 am »

If the cloak on my armor isn't already activate it. Then get into cover and take aim with my carbine.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
First Name: Sam Trennad
Employer: United Governance
STR 5 / END 6 / AGI 8 / PER 8 / CYB 3 / PSI 1 (max of 8 each)
HP: 78
PSI: 60
RAW: 200
Skills (max of 6 for each):
Computers 0
Repair 0
Maintain 0
Research 0
Modify 0
Medical 1
Standard Weapon 5
Energy Weapon 1
Heavy Weapon 1
Exotic Weapon 0
Offensive Psi 0
Defensive Psi 0
Utility Psi 0

Weapon 1: HC Carbine
Weapon 2: Sniper Rifle
Sidearm: Semiauto Handgun
Armor: Infiltrator Suit
Pack: Stealth
Grenade: Plastique
Inventory 1: 10 Days Rations
Inventory 2: 10 Spare Ammo
Inventory 3: Ammo Maker
Inventory 4: Health Hypo
Perks: Fast, Perceptive, Special Forces Training, Hardened Veteran

[Approved, welcome to the waitlist. :) ]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2013, 08:31:40 am »

Move away from the ship to give myself space, monitor the drone, if it attacks or anybody on my team attacks it then shoot it down with the auto cannon.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2013, 02:59:53 pm »

Meet up with the rest of the team.

Try to fix my communication devices.

((OOC: do the aliens take prisoners? or do they just kill all humans?))

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2013, 05:06:48 pm »

„This.. should be bad, right?“

The Doctor is obviously on top of the situation - but also quite unsure about his aim at a speedy craft. So he will do the logical, the right thing – wich is getting out of the way to let others do their job. If it were anything but a scout unit, he might be persuaded to part with some stims, but as this is not the case he leaves those bloody things where they belong. If there is a suitable stage-off-point where he can waste a few bullets without anybody getting hurt over it, he obviously will help the others with his carbine. Else he will stay with the main-force. That is, most of the people on the team. He also parts with an interesting inquiry over the com.

"As unfitting a time this may be to ask, but do we have some friendly signals? Maybe we just got split from the main-camp a bit while entering the orbit. I can only speak for myself, but I would realy want to meet up with those guys.“

(( The Kai? You want them to kill you, trust me. Mostly before they devour you, or experiment on your live body. Fun Times. [Well, at least that is the impression that I got from the other thread. But I very much doubt that there will be a prisoner-exchange happening any time soon in the future.] ))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2013, 06:31:21 pm »

[No one is going to actually respond to me then? Do I have to assume you just twiddle your thumbs? :/]

"We need to get away from the ship. Grab everything and let's go." Mark grabs the cart, opens the hatch, and makes his way outside, monitoring his tac-map to keep watch on the surveillance drone and look for nearby cover. When he sees Kyle take cover, he shakes his head. "You won't hit it with that carbine. We need to move; it can see more than visual, you can count on it." He waves for everyone to get over to him as he gives orders. "If any of you have some Vis.En. Goggles, now'd be the time to use them. We need to find somewhere to take stock and assess the situation. If that drone goes down, we're all fucked; they'll notice."

[Being a Hardened Veteran and having Xeno Training, how much does my character(and everyone else) know about the Kai, then? Would we recognize them on sight? Do I know about their tactics and anatomy?]

[Also, I'm here to make names and kick ass. Here's some more corporate names.]

[What's an HC carbine? I can't make a name if I don't know what it is. Micro-Mal; Rapid-Fire Factories 'Malice' 2b Repeating Hand-Gun aka the submachine gun. Macro-Mal; Rapid-Fire Factories 'Malefactor' 3f Belt-Fed Rotary Machine Gun aka the chain gun. Resolver; The Gun Store's .635 Revolving Hand Gun 'Resolution' Class aka Hand-Cannon. Five-Fifteen; Puck Arms Corporation Five Millimeter Heavy Duty Semi-Automatic Pistol aka the semiauto handgun. EAC; Generation Now Technologies Electromagnetic Accelerator Cannon aka the Heavy Railgun.]

[That's all I'm up for now, sadly, but still got some questions. What's a Vulcan, how does a Plasma Torch work, what do the blaster rifle and energy pistol actually shoot, what are the various exotic weapons, what does HO stand for, and what is a monoblade?]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:54:57 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2013, 06:32:24 pm »

((OOC: I never read the You are a Kai Queen thread, so i know zilch about them. Although, I'd have thought if they were powerful psychics, they'd mind control loads of human soldiers..... and what experiments do they do?

Also, i cant answer as my comms unit is down)).

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2013, 07:56:34 pm »

[They take prisoners when they think they can be of use for experiments, or actively defect to their side. And by powerful psychics, it means "Unless they mentally whisper, normal people start bleeding from their face-holes and die and/or go screaming insane." You lot can withstand it, but a psychic yell is going to hurt. The psychic warrior backup can withstand it better than any of you. Incidentally, they'd most want to capture him.

A Vulcan is basically a high-caliber chaingun. They're similar to depleted-uranium shells.

High Caliber Carbine.

A Plasma Torch can be thin to cut, but in combat mode, imagine a hose spraying ultraheated plasma, or "Six foot long flamethrower/sword" that can run for about 2 minutes.

To explain the Blaster Rifle and Energy Pistol... well, file this under "Lies you can understand", but basically like ball lightning. They take a charge, and then accelerating that charge to the target. They're not the lightspeed shots of the Laser Rifle.

Toxin Rifle works exactly like you think it does. A dartgun that fires toxins.

Phased Pulser is a mid-range, high-power version of the Laser Rifle designed for bypassing armor.

Bloodcannon should read HP. You donate blood, it turns it into a bullet, and launches at extreme velocity. Not good against armor, damned good against flesh.

A monomolecular-edged sword. Very sharp, and with a liquid core that adds impact to swings and thrusts. Yes, I am aware physics is weeping, just go with it.]

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2013, 07:57:51 pm »

Try to fix my communication devices.

[Fixed. One RAW is consumed.]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2013, 10:04:48 pm »

[Explain it to me in depth, if you can. Is it like a lightning gun, where it uses a (relatively) low-powered laser to ionize the air between the target and the gun, and in the same instant sends an electrical charge through the suddenly hyper-conductive path? Or does it simply fire a ball of super-heated, super-conductive plasma which carries the charge and discharges into what it touches?

So as for the Plasma Torch, it's basically what that one padawan who though a lightsaber would be cooler if you somehow gave it steroids and then inserted a small sun?]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2013, 10:24:46 pm »

[Explain it to me in depth, if you can.

[Damn, I was hoping that my handwave would work. I'm a social scientist, not a scientist. :P

The best answer I can really give you is Tribes 1 screenshots.

http://img.ie/szqby.jpg (blaster + HUD)

http://img.ie/6v1vg.jpg (blaster shot hitting a wall)

http://img.ie/iar4a.jpg (blaster shots heading towards other wall for example, 1 shot per second max fire)

http://img.ie/zzmr8.jpg (rangefinder to give you an impression of range) ]

[So as for the Plasma Torch, it's basically what that one padawan who though a lightsaber would be cooler if you somehow gave it steroids and then inserted a small sun?]

[Well, I think of a lightsaber as a high-energy subatomic particle chainsaw, but basically yes. You really want to be in armor to use it unless you have a deathwish.]

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2013, 12:21:54 pm »

Respond to the Captain

Engineer Sergeant Aria Whitehaven here. I have my Engi assault armour, Repair gun, GA36, Verones M12, my Malefactor Chaingun and a Resolution Hand Cannon. I also have a shit-ton of food and ammo. Finally, i have my toolkit. A good engineer never leaves home without her toolkit.

Catch up with the Captain and make sure i am not seen by the scout drone.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2013, 12:32:37 pm »

Kyle activates the suits the visual steal on the suit if it wasn't on already and walks over to the captain.
"Sir, you are aware I have both a scrambler and a visual stealth system with me?"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38