Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress  (Read 51113 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2013, 02:21:02 am »

Speaking as Boksi's neighbour, it's quite obvious why they gave up: The indies in that area are Insane. I got a scout over there in time to see an expansion party get chewed up by what was probably one of the weaker indy groups in the area, and that was a group of Lanka's blessed sacred demon-thingies. I've just started looking that way myself, in fact, and I'm finding my expansion groups are getting chewed up by these guys. Seriously bad luck.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2013, 01:34:58 pm »

It sounds like this map could have used a little more review before we picked it, then.  Given there were provinces that were undefended or close to it, and provinces that blocked blessed palashankas.  (SP?)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2013, 05:05:34 pm »

Unless the map on Llamaserver doesn't match the one it links for download, that wasn't the map's fault. There's nothing whatsoever in the .map file in re: units. Empty and overfull provinces would appear to be "presents" from the RNG...

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 08, 2013, 07:39:22 am »

Speaking as Boksi's neighbour, it's quite obvious why they gave up: The indies in that area are Insane. I got a scout over there in time to see an expansion party get chewed up by what was probably one of the weaker indy groups in the area, and that was a group of Lanka's blessed sacred demon-thingies. I've just started looking that way myself, in fact, and I'm finding my expansion groups are getting chewed up by these guys. Seriously bad luck.
Yup, that's why I stopped my expansion awhile ago. Though hopefully I should be able to change that soon.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2013, 09:21:23 am »

In the Dom4 beta forum on Desura, someone posted a screenshot of a independent province with around 360 elephants; the dev team response was that this sort of thing was an infrequent bug with province stocking that's been around since Dom3...  :o

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2013, 12:04:43 am »

Hello, Marverni!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2013, 04:54:06 am »

Oh, wrong nation beginning with M.

I meant Mictlan.

Oops.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2013, 07:49:46 am »

Heh, Howdy.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2013, 09:49:18 pm »

Turning myself AI.  There are now 3 permastaling players, and the game's no fun like that.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2013, 11:24:07 pm »

I'll be perfectly honest, I'm rather concerned by that as well, and if you're pulling the plug it's even more of a concern. I think the lot of us need to talk about whether the game is/is becoming untenable.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2013, 12:16:57 am »

Certainly not for me.  I've still got indies to kill, and stalling Lanka isn't really significant.  By the way, which three players are permastaling?

To summarize: While many players have zombified, the survivors are strong (mostly).  The fight is still going strong.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2013, 01:52:03 am »

By the way, which three players are permastaling?
http://www.llamaserver.net/doAdminAction.cgi?game=Bay12GamesRound15&action=showstales
Only Abysia seems to be a problem, which makes me think sum1won overreacted.

I can sub for Abysia(or even Lanka) by the way.

In other news, round 14 needs a sub for MA Ulm. There's six players left, with four 100+ provinces superpowers, of which Ulm is one. They've got a bunch of artifact-equipped Iron Angels flying around, and are currently fighting Marverni.
Defnitely a late game.

Here's the situation:
http://www.llamaserver.net/showScores.cgi?game=Bay12Round14

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2013, 03:39:12 am »

First of all Il Palazzo, if you just want Abysia I can switch it over to you as it is not like it has been stalling long, Lanka is an option as well. Just confirm which you would like and its all good.
   Next, I will be turning Lanka AI. This is not up for discussion though with how few places it has I assume no one minds not that it would matter in this case. Also I will be PMing bulborbish and finding out if he is quitting. If so I will try to find a solution.

Turning myself AI.  There are now 3 permastaling players, and the game's no fun like that.
   I don't like it when early game someone gives up and starts stalling but it happens. What I won't stand for is someone who seems to be in a reasonable circumstance and then having a hissy fit because of people stalling and turning themselves AI with basically no warning. With when you posted and when I went to bed it would have been quite possible for me to miss your post and wake up to a nation being turned AI which isn't really an action you can undo without undoing the whole turn. We have a person who is willing to take up one of the stalling players places and another staller will be AIed. The final one I will deal with and make it work. If you want you can not turn AI as the game is still in the early stages and with a bit of luck could become a major player. Anyway if your submitted turn was not to turn AI and you where going to do it next then thats fine, you gave us warning if a little poorly worded but if the turn was to turn yourself AI please consider that its something that should be brought up in thread.

Also as a general statement to anyone who may want to play in my future games. I have up until now been easy going with letting things slide and I probably should not have. This will change and I will have rules covering things like unannounced stalling and such. Up until recently I haven't needed to but sadly that seems to have changed.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2013, 03:54:14 am »

First of all Il Palazzo, if you just want Abysia I can switch it over to you as it is not like it has been stalling long, Lanka is an option as well. Just confirm which you would like and its all good.
Oh, I'd prefer Lanka, for the challenge/masochism factor, but the game needs a human player for Abysia more than it does for Lanka.

Abysia it is, then.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39