Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress  (Read 51117 times)

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2013, 07:00:08 am »

Looking at the stats, I'm in last place if not close to last. But I'm still playing and will hopefully start wave two of expansion here soon. Just how things go when most of your units are sacred or slaves.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2013, 09:56:56 am »

I'm not quitting because I think I might lose- I'm next to one of the staling players (Ermor), who in fact started staling as soon as I stopped his drive towards my capital.  That is a good position for me to be in from a winning perspective, but not from a having fun perspective.  I quit because the game was progressing incredibly slowly (It took us a month and a half to get through 17 turns!) and wasn't being managed. (More than 1/4 of players permastaling is not "a few"). 

I'm glad that you're now interested in managing the game, but I'm both insulted and disappointed that your management response is to accuse me of throwing a hissy fit.  What I am getting from this is that wandering away and abandoning the game is somehow more acceptable than definitively quitting. If the first is acceptable, then that means that this is a casual enough commitment that the second should be as well. 

The submitted turn was to turn myself AI.  The turn has not yet hosted.  Awaiting your response.  Also, I can't redo my turn for another 12 hours (when I get home), so I pretty much have to wait anyways to redo it.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2013, 10:25:05 am »

I don't mind that you considered turning AI. What I called a hissy fit was that you decided to do something and announce it with almost no chance to respond while in a position that was not a bad one. Also all things considered a turn every other day is not all that slow for a game though we tend to get a little farther into the game first. I mostly chocked it up to school starting in general for causing all these stalls.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2013, 10:29:38 am »

From what I see, the slow pace was mostly due to Lanka stalling 11 turns out of 18. With that out of the way, and Ermor going the same route, I think(let's be honest here, he's got 2 provinces and stalled for three turns), it should progress much faster.

It's good to remember that we can't do much about other people acting irresponsibly. We can only try to make sure we are doing the right thing. Somebody acting childish or selfish ought not to absolve us from doing the same.

Multiplayer games are all about the social aspect. Let's all make sure everybody is having fun.

Now, sum1won, it's too bad we're separated by that awful mountain range. I'd love to spice up your gaming experience a little. :P

I hope you're stay around. If not enemies, we'll make natural allies - there's a world of territory to split between the two of us before we turn on each other.[/cocky Palazzo]

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2013, 04:41:43 pm »

Ermor will be AIed. sum1won, just post when you have sent your turn and I will get Ermors in so everything can progress.

Edit: as soon as I get the damn password from bulborish
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2013, 06:45:06 pm »

Welcome aboard Il Palazzo!

Is it too early to form the Anti-Il Palazzo Alliance?   ;D

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2013, 10:08:13 pm »

AI turn rescinded.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2013, 11:10:08 am »

Perhaps it'd be faster to force hosting each turn once all but Ermor submitt their turns, and let sum1won conquer what's left of it. It's not like Ermor simply stalling till the end rather than going AI would present any unfair advantage to anyone at this point.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2013, 03:30:55 pm »

Perhaps it'd be faster to force hosting each turn once all but Ermor submitt their turns, and let sum1won conquer what's left of it. It's not like Ermor simply stalling till the end rather than going AI would present any unfair advantage to anyone at this point.

Agreed.  I doubt the AI is going to do much.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2013, 03:42:25 pm »

Sigh, it happens.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2013, 08:12:41 pm »

Standings as of Turn 20:

Spoiler: Provinces (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Forts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Income (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gem Income (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Research (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dominion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Army Size (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hall of Fame (click to show/hide)

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2013, 10:02:16 pm »

Good new, I got the password so the game is now all good to go. Also if anyone starts stalling again you better be in this thread telling me why or better yet, you should have asked for an extension.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2013, 07:38:56 am »

Jeff hasn't left his tower since late spring.

The rumours could no longer be dismissed as mere enemy propaganda. The forges of Smouldercone ran to a halt having no more orders to process, while the commanders camped their armies idly among increasing confusion in the chain of command.
Mormareg knew of his deity's melancholy spells, but he has never seen him go full-on hikikomori on his people. What kind of prophet would he be to witness the One True God do this to himself and not at least try to help.

It was early autumn when he saddled the fastest salamander from the stables, instructed his aide to keep his departure a secret from the restless troops, and hurried to the capital under the cloak of blazing sun. Five days later he passed the gates of Abysia, his steed's flame exhausted and his brow clouded with worry.

He found Jeff in the basement of the Divine Tower. A carpet of webs covered the chamber floor like foam extruded by a confused sea. It's white expanse broken by grooves cut in the soft fabric by a shuffling gait of the Divine Being. Now he understood the gossip circulating around the castle - his master was indeed surfing the web.

He Who Tempers the Spirit, Patron of Language, the Undeceivable God was sitting with his back bent, staring blankly into a crystal sphere. Colorful images shifted within the glass. Images of naked bodies writhing in extasy, and little cats speaking in some sort of mock-vernacular. The figure of Jeff barely moved, as if pretending he was still aslone in the chamber.
Mormareg cleared his throat and spoke:

"Oh Lord, I come before thine eternal grace, for I must needs speak unto thee these words.
The land is suffering great plagues for thee are not guiding thine flock. The fires of Smouldercone are nigh-extinguished and the people crave thine guidance.
Whyfor hast thou secluded thyself in these chambers? Whence has thine spirit wandered to, to be kept away from thy children?"

To which Jeff replied with squeaking voice, as if trying to remember how to control his vocal cords after long disuse:

"Child, I love thee, for you are my chosen one. And yet, there is scarcely a thought I harbour for other matters of this kingdom, for I am bereft of a meaningful connection to those I should guide.
Behold. My fire magic is frail and weak. Scarcely a handful of fireflies answer my command, for fire is not my forte. Look upon the Anathemats, gaze upon the Annointed. Can they not cast flares and fireballs as if by mere afterthought? Are they not made unto fire and flame and not unto my likeness? Truly, I say to you, it is only this trinket of a ring on my divine finger that prevents my holy beard from catching flames!
Woe unto me, for I know not what I am doing here."

"And cast your gaze upon the Warlocks. Do they not bring me virgins of blood pure and skin as if made of alabaster? Have I not my cellars full of their drugged bodies crying for my attention?
Alas, woe betide me twice, for I have never cared for a virginal hymen. Know not I would what to do with them. Truly, never did I care for the joys of blood magicks, nor dabbled have I in breeding creatures of nether planes and fiery descent. Thus the second part of my flock is as alien to me as wings are to a shambler from the depths of Atlantean sea."

"Indeed, I could not fathom in my long solitary meditation, what was I thinking when I decided to choose your people to lead them to glory.
As if a sham, I feel. Ungainly and unwanted. Verily, a joke of a Pretender is I.
And lo, the shame grows unchecked, unbriddled. It is growing unto me exponentially, and I know even not what does it mean."

Mormareg patiently waited out the flood of depressed navel-gazing, and proposed:

"Oh Lord, thy must not allow thyself to dwell too much upon matters petty and base. Thy divine form needs a hobby, a simple ritual to occupy thy godly mind. May thy will guide just one army to do thy bidding in the morning. May thine hands craft a sorcerous appliance in the evening.
Small steps are the key, for they are small and easy to take.
Do cast off the shackles of the webs, disconnect the crystall ball. Thy form needs a breath of fresh air. Forsooth, my lord, thy need to get out more. Come."

And with loving care, Mormareg helped his god to wash and shave, dress in clean clothes, and face the blazing Abysian sun. And even though it nearly blinded him, Jeff felt a new life creeping into his extremities, determined to do more and think less.

Thus a new Jeff was born. Same as the previous one, yet completely different. And as a fiery autumn morning dawned over the forges of Smouldercone, it seemed as if the rest of the world trembled.

"And rightfuly so", said Jeff to no one in particular.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2013, 02:19:49 pm »

Good transition Il Palazzo!

Good new, I got the password so the game is now all good to go. Also if anyone starts stalling again you better be in this thread telling me why or better yet, you should have asked for an extension.

I should warn you: My internet connection isn't the best, and I'm generally find a 48 hour turn limit to be hectic.  I'd appreciate a little observation of the turn processing along with a minor (24 hour) extension if I somehow don't manage to get my turn in on time.  As an example: I had completed my turn over 12 hours ago, but hadn't gotten around to uploading it until recently.  In return, I guarantee that everyone will know when I'm ready to bow out of the game and I won't intentionally stall due to indifference.  I've played (and lost) on this forum enough times that I can be trusted.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2013, 07:14:59 pm »

Within her stark cell beneath the Grey Cathedral, Exarch Kosuth flared angrily. This would not do. Her desk filled most of the cramped space, and piles of reports from every corner of the Principality filled most of her desk. A small pile of delicate sharkskin scrolls sat in one corner, but the rest of the surface was covered with the garish coral tablets favored by the repulsive greenskins and fishmen. She flared again, this time resignedly, and resumed her grueling task. The Matrons each sent a scroll reporting their progress in freeing the muckdwellers and mouthbreathers from the local tyrants who styled themselves kings. Her Holy Grace sent three scrolls detailing the latest developments in Her ongoing campaign to root out the heretics - She cared for little else, truth told - and said little about what mattered most. There was no scroll from Lord Githu, but that was to be expected. That insolent larva grew more brazen every day, but his reckoning would come soon enough. The Lord-Commander had concluded pacts with the savages of Ermor behind her back, but that problem was vanishing swiftly into the rapacious jaws of the mountain devils' dragon-king. More troubling was his other defiance: his treaty with the Jaffian fire-demons.

Exarch Kosuth gnashed her maw, and shifted on her seat to regard the rough map stretched across the cell wall. The fire-demons had claimed all the lands south of Nearun, and as far east as the frontiers of the shadow-lands of Hel. So far, they had not encroached upon the shores, but that could not last. Their lands were barren and dessicated, while the Naerun Sea overflowed with moisture and life. The hulking Matron flared to herself again. How could that fool have concluded a peace with them? Yes, the Seekers reported that the shadow-reavers in the east held more lands than them, and so far the Abyssians had respected that imbecile's treaty, but that could not last. Especially not if the report from Her Holy Grace's pet mageling was true. The simpering larva claimed to have read in the night sky of an ancient evil rousing itself within the Abyssian heartland, one that had not been seen in this land for generations. The missive he'd sent had seemed almost maddened, with frantic warnings of how "the stars are right"; of how a sly usurper would take the place of the Prince of the Black Legions; of how all the lands of the world would be bathed in blood and fire by this untrustworthy pretender to godhood, as it had been so many times before. She wanted to dismiss the young fool, but she could not. Her own inquiries had been full of troubling portents as well.

Kosuth croaked a sigh. The traitorous Githu may have damned all of the Atlantian people. If the Coral Guard had marched straight south as Her Holy Grace had ordered, the otherworldly usurper would have found only a broken shell of a kingdom about it when it swallowed the soul of the Abyssian Demon-Prince. Well, Githu's day would come. The Prince of Atlantis would soon enough see the treason of the Coral Guard's commander, and the moment His favor was withdrawn the Matrons would catch the worm up and stake him on a reef. Until that day, though, all she could do was to order the armies of Atlantis to brace themselves against the firestorm brewing to the south. And pray. Truth will tell, and the Sword will strike Balance. Reaching for a blank scroll and the cumbersome basalt wand needed to inscribe it, the Matron-General of Naerun resumed the lonely chore of empire.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:47:55 pm by E. Albright »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39