Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress  (Read 51115 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress
« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2013, 03:54:45 pm »

LLaPoB looked up from his bodybuilding magazine at the arriving Eagle King. The Pretender was learning about the "Living Pillar" workout session where the elite Atlantean guards perform squats and deadlifts at Bathypelagic pressure while in full Basalt armor. The summoned Great Hawks suggested that he look more into exercise, since he's been spending most his days researching. Due to their rather uncanny intellect yet lack of manners, they weren't afraid of speaking their mind to him, which couldn't be said of even the Eagle Kings. If they had to come to deliver a message, it certainly wasn't good. He reluctantly tore his gaze away from the centerfold of a shambler to look upon the king-mage.
"My lord, the fellow Kings have convened to give a suggestion to our recent troubles in the north..."
"Bah, don't act so aloof. We lost a battle!" LLaPoB snatched the scroll from the King's arm. "Whatever this scroll says-oh. Oh my. That DOES sound like a good idea. Ahahaha!"
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 19, 2013, 11:26:14 am »

Actually doing some research, Basalt guards tend to die from encumbrance pretty fast. Guess the reason why they stay so still is because they don't want to move around.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2013, 06:53:17 pm »

Given that Pillars are cap-only and very resource-intensive, they're not something you'd want to build a strategy around. Still, an earth blessing at least frees them of their most obvious handicap, though they're still slower than a frozen slug on a salt flat.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2013, 04:29:43 pm »

It took 3 dead eagle kings to take back Jome. A decisive victory.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2013, 04:36:07 pm »

Haven't looked yet but if your talking about the place I think you are congratulations! After turns of pumping a few points of PD into it and hiring bevies of monkeys with stones you have breached it and taken back one of the places I have taken.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2013, 04:38:08 pm »

Yes, who knew it took 3 semi-divine beings from an earlier age with some of the most powerful magics and some proper scripting and positioning available to defeat a few humans and monkeys?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #321 on: October 20, 2013, 05:04:07 pm »

Don't forget those monkeys had stones and from what I hear they can break bones which is really bad for birds. What with their hollow structure and all.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2013, 05:41:01 pm »

Meanwhile in Abysia, the new fashion trends point to trench warfare as the new "thing". Every warlord wants to dual-wield a couple of spades, and most Anathemats agree that sitting idly in self-dug moist holes while the winter rages on all around them is the shit. Oh joy.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 20, 2013, 07:25:05 pm »

Gman weeps pitifully at the lack of dominions 4 games starting.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 20, 2013, 08:05:59 pm »

Fitting Music

That is all.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 20, 2013, 08:55:15 pm »

Well, we ARE at the stage where we're throwing up our super high-budget cutting edge experimental weapon technology.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 20, 2013, 10:30:42 pm »

Welcome to the game, Mr. Cain!

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 21, 2013, 08:34:10 pm »

As traditional for newly formed republics, we are totally invading Canada the North.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:38:52 pm by sum1won »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 21, 2013, 09:26:33 pm »

Wait, who are you invading?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 21, 2013, 10:10:34 pm »

As traditional for newly formed republics, we are totally invading Canada the North.
Wait, who are you invading?
Based on E. Albright's map, I'd say the map border.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39