Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: World Viewer for DF 44! [Updated 12-16-17]  (Read 123891 times)

Beowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 40.0X!
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2014, 08:56:59 am »

Please do upload the files it would help me find if it's a bug, I've never had the timeline crash but because of how many factors are involved I could have certainly overlooked something.

Hmm, it has done it on another world, too (I'll first try it on Windows to make sure it is not caused by using mono which I suspect it is; I'd have to see where to upload [possibly would end up being dffd] to anyway).

Thanks for the answers and once again for the sweet program.
warf mode exists for giving you a break from and to supply sites and stuff for Adventure mode!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2014, 07:39:33 am »

Dumb question, but is it possible to figure out the Emblem of a given entity from the legends xml? I know that they have them ingame, but outside of Engravings and the Historical maps (and invader's armour)I can't seem to find them anywhere...

Hmmm, not sure what you mean by emblem, where do you see it in-game?

These:

(Image spliced together from Historical Maps in legends mode, and two engravings from fort mode, which, of course, also show up in legends mode.)
As you can see, the symbol for Gizzard stones(which I did not know at all DF had, but okay) is the same circley symbol as used for ant-nests. It's used in the historical map to mark territory for that civ.

I was wondering if it's possible for world-viewer to give us the text-description of said symbol somehow, though I understand this may require looking through the existing art.

Got it.  It's not available with the normal export from legends mode. I'll take some time to see if I can include it as part of the extra DFHack output.  That will be available publicly once DFHack is updated to the latest version, and I can confirm my script works for it.  Thanks for clarifying. I don't use the historical maps from legends mode often, because they aren't included in the export, although the timeline feature was built to help with that.

That also reminded me that I'd like to be able to draw entity territories on the map, if that data exists, which it should.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2014, 07:57:51 am »

Awesome! :P

Well, the historical maps do have a 'civ/site'-toggle, but no clue what it does, it doesn't seem to work for me...
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2014, 03:48:05 pm »

Mason11987 could you tell me what texture pack you're using
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2014, 04:04:44 am »

Would it be possible to upload this to a mirror site? I can't access dffd  :(

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2014, 05:19:14 pm »

Updated!

First, for those who care, the source is now available in a proper repository on bitbucket.  I'm still getting familiar with how that all works, but this should be better, and will let people follow along with my development if they're inclined.  It's also a place to report issues in addition to this thread.  That also means the world viewer download is significantly smaller, so that's cool!

World Viewer 2.0  - Now including DFHack script for extra details! - (If DFFD doens't work for you, you can use this dropbox link)

New Screenshots!  Updated with all the new details

Changes
  • Extra event details from DFHack*, almost every gap in event details are now available if you use the extra DFHack export option (instructions in the readme).
  • Region/Underground Region/Construction coordinates from DFHack - Check out the screenshots above which include some details there.
  • Structure Name/Types from DFHack
  • Item Names/types from DFHack - Want to search for your adamantine artifacts, now you can!
  • Improved Mapping feature, much faster and much easier to select options
  • A lot of other smaller features I can't remember now :).

*It's recommended to use DFHack 0.40.08-r2 or later.  It seems like r1 has some bugs.  It worked for me with r1, but r2 is apparently much more stable.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 05:51:29 pm by Mason11987 »

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2014, 05:27:35 pm »

Check out the screenshots below
Don't you mean above? :P

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2014, 05:30:56 pm »

Check out the screenshots below
Don't you mean above? :P

ha, changed my mind on where the screenshots should go mid-post.  Thanks ;)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 40.0X! - Now with DFHack Integration!
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2014, 06:43:12 am »

On 40.09 i got this after trying to load a world :

of course the 5 files actually exist :

On 40.08 i had no such problem, though obviously i was playing with a different world at the time

I then downloaded the new World Viewer 2.0 , but same message about the 5 files not being found.

Legends Viewer 1.13.19 can load the xml without problems so i'm not sure why World Viewer does not seem to do.

In case it has to do with something in one of those legends files, here are the 5 files :
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9429

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2014, 08:42:29 am »

Yup, this is due to the file name changes in the most recent version.  I had intended to put out a release to address it before Toady implemented it but life got in the way.

You can wait for that update (should be today hopefully) or you can rename the files and it'll work, here's them renamed:

Most are straightforward changes (remove the date) but the main map file is in a format:

world_map-regionname-year-seconds.bmp

where "regionname" in your case is region1, year is 44, and seconds i put as 1000 because it doesn't matter in the current WV version, but a number must be there for it to work.

If you export the other maps their format is going to be:

world_graphic-SYMBOL-regionname-year--seconds.bmp

Where SYMBOL is the map symbol for that map (dip, el, nob, str, trd, etc.) that symbol is included in the new DF version names so it should be simple to change them.  Note the two hyphens between year and seconds.

Legends viewer let's you pick the files one by one if they aren't found, World Viewer doesn't, so it's less resilient to changes like this (although the file name for these exports has never actually changed, so I never thought it would :P).

Thought I had another day, damn toady and his speed :).
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:56:20 pm by Mason11987 »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2014, 03:08:54 am »

Note: the double dash before seconds cannot be relied on. It only exists there if you export legends directly after generating a world, before using it.

The second dash is a minus sign, and doesn't appear once the world has been played.

I found this out when doing isoword.

Lewa263

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2014, 05:09:06 pm »

Old age has caste listed, with that slight indent to show it is describing the old age itself. The caste appears to always be female.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2014, 06:30:59 pm »

I went through last night and updated my legends exports processor.

The new files follow a more consistent pattern:  "regionX-YYYY-MM-DD-$item"

The year, month, and day fields are zero-padded, so it'll always be the same string length.  For site maps, the $item is "site_map-$number".  The region map tokens are mostly the same as before, though the combined biome+elevation map has been renamed from "world_graphic" to "detailed".  "world_map" (tileset map) remains the same.

The only exceptions to the pattern are "regionX-world_gen_param.txt", which does not change with date, and the various color key text ($thing_color_key.txt) files which are region-independent. 

I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2014, 11:33:33 am »

I went through last night and updated my legends exports processor.

The new files follow a more consistent pattern:  "regionX-YYYY-MM-DD-$item"

The year, month, and day fields are zero-padded, so it'll always be the same string length.  For site maps, the $item is "site_map-$number".  The region map tokens are mostly the same as before, though the combined biome+elevation map has been renamed from "world_graphic" to "detailed".  "world_map" (tileset map) remains the same.

The only exceptions to the pattern are "regionX-world_gen_param.txt", which does not change with date, and the various color key text ($thing_color_key.txt) files which are region-independent.

Thanks for the details.  I'll make sure to do some detailed testing on this to check when work slows down.

@Lewa, I'll take a look at that, that's a strange bug.

@Japa, The code currently doesn't rely on the second dash, but I didn't remember what circumstance led me to not rely on it, so thanks for the heads up.  This should all be moot soon though.  But World Viewer will support both file formats for a bit at least.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 40.08! - Now with DFHack Integration!
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2014, 12:32:50 pm »

Thanks for the explanation, i changed the file names according to your instructions and it worked.
The "panic time" after noticing the error message shows how much i became used to World Viewer for my legends exploration :D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11