Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 981137 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #13095 on: April 26, 2014, 03:46:30 am »

wait, what happened?

god damnit you guys, can't Kyle just be Kyle without drama?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13096 on: April 26, 2014, 07:55:20 am »

They will improve it by 1 or 2 points per city. If you have the gold, allying with city states is a good start as well as they will provide bonus happiness for the resources in their borders.
The only city-state I've met has a one-tile island and no resources it's bothering to pick up. Not even the fish. Stupid Singapore.
...Stupid imaginary Singapore, I should clarify. I'm sure real Singapore is a lot smarter than that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13097 on: April 26, 2014, 10:36:12 am »

((doesn't Will have 0 mag?))
It was mentioned way back when that arias use Mind.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13098 on: April 26, 2014, 11:40:42 am »

Doing a survey of the Danish Empire. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out the percentage of Norse to Anglo citizens.
First, I need to guess what the population numbers mean. It;s pretty obvious just glancing around that they aren't logarithmic. My largest city and capital, Copenhagen, has a population score of 18; Nottingham has a population of 1. (Not surprising--it's on a one-tile isle. A tisle?) If we assume that it's a straight base-ten logarithmic scale, and that Nottingham is just the sheriff yelling at us Vikings to get off his lawn, Copenhagen would need to have...well...1018 people. Wolfram Alpha doesn't seem to help much with interpreting raw numbers. It does, however, tell us that they would weigh around 5.3% the mass of Earth's oceans. Even if we assume it's a base-two logarithm and that Nottingham's sheriff is still alone, that's a more reasonable population for Copenhagen of a bit under 300,000. Provide a more reasonable estimate of population for Nottingham Tisle, though, and Copenhagen quickly spirals into being larger than most cities around today. So...let's assume that it's linear.

Aside from Copenhagen's 18, I have three native Danish cities of 12, 5, and 3 population. The English cities I got had populations of 5, 4, 3, 3, 2, and Nottingham's 1. That means there are 37 Norse population units and 18 Anglo. In other words, I have about one-third of my population, as well as well over half my land, English. (P.S. London, probably the only city the Queen kept, had 11 Population. I took about two-thirds of her population.)
Sig

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13099 on: April 26, 2014, 12:01:02 pm »

((doesn't Will have 0 mag?))
It was mentioned way back when that arias use Mind.
Yup. All Order members have a MAG of 0. Their 'magic' is all mind based.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13100 on: April 26, 2014, 01:27:59 pm »

Attempts to deal with rampant unhappiness from 22/59 of my population being the newly-annexed English (I missed a 4-pop tisle city) have been...slow. I also had some uprisings. First a couple pikemen, adjacent to my capital. They pillaged some hunting camps (unusual activity for rebels...I'd expect them to beseige the capital), before being killed by the defenses of Copenhagen and Aarhus, the largest cities in the known world. A few turns later, three longswordsmen showed up (despite me never having made any, eh). I was dealing with them; it took a bit of effort, the sacrifice of my berserker stationed in Copenhagen, and time, but they were just about dealt with when two horsemen (another unit I've never built, and indeed that I've been delaying learning how to build because I didn't have any horses before I took over England) appeared about as far as they could be from a city while still being on the right island. I've been working on a bit of a militarylet to deal with them...but it'll be a while.
Fun fact: Remember the pikemen? The second was taken out by two barrages from Copenhagen, with a Polynesian trieme performing drive-by bombardment to help. Despite scales being wonky. (One of the big things that bugs me about Civ V's ranged combat, although it really is needed to take cities these days...)
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13101 on: April 26, 2014, 03:38:42 pm »

1861. A revolution sweeps through the Danish Isles. A revolution of Order, and of equality. No longer will the far-flung islands be such a burden upon the leaders of the land, nor will they burden the common man. For a brief time, a wave of obedience and optimism, unheard of since before the Anglos, swept the Danish isles. Then the news came that the English cities and the Anglo-blooded citizens of the isles were to become treated as any other would be, and disorder began to set in once more...
TL;DR: I entered the Industrial Era and adopted the Order policy. I was glad that my happiness--which had just managed to reach 1--was up to 13! I promptly started annexing the English cities, hoping that the bonus Happiness from Order would soften the blow of adopting Order. I think that the puppet cities already counted, though. Current Happiness: -3.

Other notes: Darius convinced me to declare war on long-time ally but minor nation (competing for the bottom with the glorified city-state of London) China. I didn't do much with this before being offered a peace treaty, but during the war he overtook me in score. I'm not sure if it was from the war or if my struggle with unhappiness dragged me down, but either way...urgh.
Also, the islands south of me are kinda like Greece--they're full of city-states. Speaking of which, I discovered that Lhasa--dragged into war against me by England--was still at war with me despite the subsequent peace treaty and then England stopping being its ally. I...wow.

((and Will does not respond to messages when the bracelet of those talking has been turned off))
Which conveniently prevents her from taking any consequences for her actions.
Also, I haven't been paying all that much attention to things. If something catches my eye, I respond; if not, I don't and will probably forget about it.

Has anyone else noticed that the original reasons that people didn't like magic are being ignored, genericizing them into anti-magic bigots?
It's supposed to be more this than this plus bigotry. In other words, magic and magicians are a danger and that's why we hate it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:52:48 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13102 on: April 26, 2014, 03:58:00 pm »

why yes, this is exactly why she turned the bracelet off, because of the consequences of leaving it on for everyone to hear
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13103 on: April 26, 2014, 04:07:41 pm »

Well, brief me on what the hell is going on with Rose and why ICARUS doesn't want anyone to know. From what I know, it looks like she's suspecting her of doing something for no good reason and is trying to force a confession out of her and/or find evidence.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13104 on: April 26, 2014, 04:11:36 pm »

The story Rose gave us when she came to the castle seeking help stands against evidence Lunette discovered that what she told us was a lie. Appearantly, Rose is little short of 100 years old, and/or undead, as she also had a nice obituary going on. Since she gained acces and trust of the group via false premises, ICARUS assumes that Rose might have purposefull deceived, infiltrated and abused the groups resources for whatever her goals might be

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13105 on: April 26, 2014, 04:18:59 pm »

So. A person shows up to the castle and doesn't share everything about who she is (the details left out being ones that are probably completely safe to do so). Therefore she must be up to something.

Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13106 on: April 26, 2014, 04:23:38 pm »

No, a person tells lies to gain sympathy and access to a military base. This would be exactly the way a spy who has any idea about this group at all would go about infiltrating us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13107 on: April 26, 2014, 07:01:54 pm »

There are some problems with that analogy.

1. When did she lie? Did I miss a scene where she stated that she was only 20?
2. The lack of information in question was utterly meaningless. "I am immortal" is kinda less important than "I am a spy".
3. There are many other explanations for why she hadn't told. She might not have thought it was important. She might not have thought it was appropriate to mention. She might have expected us to disbelieve her. She might have been waiting for a chance to mention it without coming off like "Hey, I'm over 100 gaiz, so yeah that's cool". She might not have known. She might not actually be that old, and the obituary you saw was simply someone with the same name or a similar appearance. And yet you assume the one thing that gives you an excuse to be a horrible person to Rose, who ICARUS is known not to like.
4. Will. If Rose was hiding something that big, he really should have noticed. Moreover, you could have spent two minutes alerting Will to the oddities and having him try to figure out what was up.
5. Military bases have a much higher sensitive material:local firepower ratio than the castle, between its lack of strategic value and the fact that it's crawling with magical people.
6. Most importantly, spies at military bases are given trials before they're declared guilty!

More Harald, the game's approaching its end. I decided to start working towards a scientific victory. In the meantime, Darius of Persia convinces me to attack Alexander the Allegedly-Great. I captured a few of his cities and attempted to offer him decent surrender terms (the army was taxing my economy and the puppet-cities were pushing me back into unhappiness), but he didn't even let me negotiate. Idiot. I just took one of his biggest cities, he only has a couple left, and my army's still on his doorstep.
Before all that, though, Korea declared war on me for some reason. Not much has come of that. They sent ships to screw with my most isolated city, also a major production capital and pretty much undefended at the time; I sent some ships, defeated their fleet, and began bombarding their mainland army. Once I resolve the Alexander situation one way or another, I'll be bringing my full might to bear on Korea. Unless they've surrendered by then.
Darius doesn't seem to be doing much in this war. Neither did Kamehameha, when he was independently at war with Greece. The AI doesn't seem to like invasions very much.
Sig

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13108 on: April 26, 2014, 07:28:22 pm »

Ask Usec GWG.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13109 on: April 26, 2014, 07:31:43 pm »

Ask Usec GWG.

Hmm? Ask me about what?
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 1030