Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977023 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5190 on: February 01, 2014, 07:09:36 pm »

I'm seriously confused about those nice notes. They're written by Kyle, obviously, but in the style of one of Selina's notes of some unidentified type...huh?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: February 01, 2014, 07:10:23 pm »

They're written like the note Kyle wrote Selina.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: February 01, 2014, 07:14:21 pm »

...Wrote to Selina?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: February 01, 2014, 07:15:29 pm »

Yes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: February 01, 2014, 10:10:19 pm »

((What exactly IS the afterlife like anyway?))
((Everything it's ever been described as.
ESPECIALLY the contradictory ones.))
So, wouldn't chatting with someone in the Afterlife be as easy as finding the right cave and climbing in?

N'thara wonders why Will isn't responding.
XCOM II.
See "Operation Spectral Priest Tridux Panicked Stooge" for how well that's going...

Afterlife Stuff
Didn't I previously say that pretty much everyone's soul went to Hell under the guardianship of one of the demons or another?

Here's an idea.

Where's the plot waitlist? We should choose 2-3 people off that list and have their plots run...simultaneously. With or without internal collusion.
This would force the party to prioritize and split up, or else to let some threats fall by the wayside.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: February 01, 2014, 10:12:04 pm »

I have a feeling no one in the group would allow a demon to take their soul and instead just punch them in the face and do what they want.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: February 01, 2014, 10:12:28 pm »

Here's an idea.

Where's the plot waitlist? We should choose 2-3 people off that list and have their plots run...simultaneously. With or without internal collusion.
This would force the party to prioritize and split up, or else to let some threats fall by the wayside.

That's just crazy enough to work! I second this idea.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: February 01, 2014, 10:13:51 pm »

((What exactly IS the afterlife like anyway?))
((Everything it's ever been described as.
ESPECIALLY the contradictory ones.))
So, wouldn't chatting with someone in the Afterlife be as easy as finding the right cave and climbing in?

N'thara wonders why Will isn't responding.
XCOM II.
See "Operation Spectral Priest Tridux Panicked Stooge" for how well that's going...

Afterlife Stuff
Didn't I previously say that pretty much everyone's soul went to Hell under the guardianship of one of the demons or another?

Here's an idea.

No, you said that souls are split between heaven and hell depending on whether they're deemed as suitable in heaven. Shit I said was a completely different story that works around that to make a much more interesting dynamic than 'lol demons always get everything unless you are good christian person'.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: February 01, 2014, 10:16:56 pm »

Less "Good Christian person," more "Fit to be a cog in the machine".

And I'd have no problem with your version, if I hadn't established mine so firmly. And built it into the core of the hellish economy.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: February 01, 2014, 10:18:54 pm »

Less "Good Christian person," more "Fit to be a cog in the machine".

And I'd have no problem with your version, if I hadn't established mine so firmly. And built it into the core of the hellish economy.

Actually, I specifically built it so that it didn't contradict yours in any way.

The demons would be fully capable of having their economy, as anyone that they managed to sway could easily be made to believe in hell, I mean it's kinda a big thing nowadays, and at this point there aren't many people left who don't believe in it, so demons of Nuriel's rank wouldn't know the difference because, again, recently there haven't been many people who don't believe in hell.

All I did was make the meta a bit more interesting than the boring old heaven/hell dichotomy.

And don't pretend yours wasn't, heaven being a machine and hell being basically anarchy and shit are pretty much par for the course.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: February 01, 2014, 10:20:04 pm »

I think the Hellish economy should break. Just for funzies.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: February 01, 2014, 10:24:39 pm »

Actually, I specifically built it so that it didn't contradict yours in any way.
The demons would be fully capable of having their economy, as anyone that they managed to sway could easily be made to believe in hell, I mean it's kinda a big thing nowadays, and at this point there aren't many people left who don't believe in it, so demons of Nuriel's rank wouldn't know the difference because, again, recently there haven't been many people who don't believe in hell.
All I did was make the meta a bit more interesting than the boring old heaven/hell dichotomy.
And don't pretend yours wasn't, heaven being a machine and hell being basically anarchy and shit are pretty much par for the course.
I never pretended it wasn't a similar dichotomy, but Heaven is basically nothing but a bureaucracy (not terribly unusual, but typically not paired against a Hell) and Hell is more or less like a combination of a corporate battlefield and medieval Europe, but the powerful people all have magic.

And what fraction of people do you think believe they will go to Hell, one way or another? That requires a massive scaling down of Hell away from what I said...and it also completely contradicts the mechanism, explained at least once or twice.

Then break it.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: February 01, 2014, 10:25:30 pm »

ELF I HAVE A PLOT!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: February 01, 2014, 10:27:52 pm »

I never pretended it wasn't a similar dichotomy, but Heaven is basically nothing but a bureaucracy (not terribly unusual, but typically not paired against a Hell) and Hell is more or less like a combination of a corporate battlefield and medieval Europe, but the powerful people all have magic.

And what fraction of people do you think believe they will go to Hell, one way or another? That requires a massive scaling down of Hell away from what I said...and it also completely contradicts the mechanism, explained at least once or twice.

Then break it.

You're not understanding.

A majority of people in the world believe in a heaven/hell dichotomy.

Therefore, when they die, they go to either heaven or hell.

if they honestly believe in samsara, then they get punted to their next life.

if they believe that the afterlife is an eternal bouncy castle... well, that'll be a boring afterlife because that's proably not too popular of a religion.

Also, I think I should probably be the one to define heaven since I control God, but meh Idgaf. Then again, they might have changed a lot of shit while she's been out <_<

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: February 01, 2014, 10:35:17 pm »

-snip-
But, again, how many people think they have screwed up enough to go to Hell? Especially since some of the more popular modern religions with Heaven and Hell send you to Heaven just for believing?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 1030