Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 976875 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #9600 on: March 15, 2014, 01:29:05 pm »

Dual tsun.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: March 15, 2014, 01:33:10 pm »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: March 15, 2014, 01:40:26 pm »

All of the Tsun.

Hey, if they get to be horrible and perfect characters then they would be Tsun Sue.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: March 15, 2014, 01:47:10 pm »

which you provoked over the course of you harrasing me, now either post a cute animal or be silent, on Elfs request this is now a cute animal thread
Of course. Counter-arguments are harassment, and your scathing response to Elf was provoked by me! That makes absolutely no sense.

Spoiler: At your request... (click to show/hide)
Sufficient?

how would her killing herself change the past?
How does Nuriel create fire?

I prefer to tell myself she is an animal, as facing the truth would be too discomforting
Huh?
Why am I only replying to Akroma? Or, rather, why is no one but Akroma saying things I can reply to?

I'm Athiest...
And? I'm an atheist, I see no problem in using metaphorical Jesuses. Jesu? Jesui? Jesi?
Also whoo, you're not Akroma.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: March 15, 2014, 01:47:32 pm »

All of the Tsun.

Hey, if they get to be horrible and perfect characters then they would be Tsun Sue.

*Ba-dum tish*

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: March 15, 2014, 01:49:28 pm »

I'm Athiest...
And? I'm an atheist, I see no problem in using metaphorical Jesuses. Jesu? Jesui? Jesi?
Also whoo, you're not Akroma.
It was a joke, GWG. I didn't have any problem with it in the first place.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: March 15, 2014, 01:51:23 pm »

Well, we are responding because I think everyone was okay with it.

Also we didn't care enough to argue it.

And since you're complaining...

How will Nuriel react to Luna sending Kyle a memory of Selina and her getting it on?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: March 15, 2014, 01:52:45 pm »

And since you're complaining...

How will Nuriel react to Luna sending Kyle a memory of Selina and her getting it on?
1. Complaining about what?
2. Annoyed, probably. He might have to make it up somehow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: March 15, 2014, 01:53:54 pm »

1. Not having things to talk about.

2. *Inevitable If you know what I mean joke*

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: March 15, 2014, 01:56:05 pm »

1. Al...right?
2. Thank you, Captain Obvious.
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: March 15, 2014, 02:43:30 pm »

IF you decide to completely restart, can I do a scene with Ashley causing time shenanigans because:
1. It can actually happen due to void
Probably a bit late, but as I only just have calmed down enough to read some of the other OOC posts thus I have not actually seen this post until now, I should point out that it cannot. @Elf and I already discussed how to stop all time distortion aside from dilating it through gravity and/or c fraction speeds which would still only go forwards and never backwards. Attempts to travel backwards in time do not work.
The past is a concept, not a location it can never e traveled to under any circumstances.
Attempts to travel forwards without the assistance of relativity slams you into Fate.
Oh, she isn't going to time travel. She can just 'commit suicide' and erase herself from history. According to Rag, at least.
Yeah that seems rather possible. I presume that rather than truly changing the past, it simply perturbs everyone's recollection of it? That is, no one will rememer her, or at least not directly acknowledge her presence?

@GWG, if accurate naming is of such importance, should we rename Creation as Order, Void as Chaos, Fate as Void or Decay? Seeing as Void seems to have quite a it of stuff in it and its emphasis on rule-breaking over actual emptiness makes it more suited for a Order-Chaos system then a Creation-Destruction system considering that people are making stuff out of Void along with its lack of actual emptiness. Fate is more of an emptiness or false-vacuum decay thing after all (and actually was originally named void, its manifestation name was changed to distortion as @Scapheap had a different idea of void). If so, that could actually clear up some confusion...

I suppose under such a scheme, the Wall of Stars would require a different name yet retain a poetic presence. Celestial Phantasmagoria? Wall of Scintillations? What name would you suggest that retains or has a greater poetic sense whilst still retaining accuracy?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: March 15, 2014, 02:45:50 pm »

funfact, in my setting it is actually called order and chaos :P
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: March 15, 2014, 02:58:16 pm »

Hell, if you wanted to, seeing as Void/Chaos seems to be ruled by some sort of solipsist quantum mechanics, you could have the following interaction which makes each one require the other:

Quantum Mechanics is a manifestation of Chaos' influence upon Order. The seemingly non-deterministic properties are actually aspects of what occurs within the Chaos, somewhat diluted within Order. Without this influence, not even atoms could exist as electrons would spiral catastrophically into nuclei, no longer bound by their chaotic uncertainty (normally I'd address this as Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, but that risks forming the mental image of Walter White as a quantum physicist).

Waveform Collapse is a manifestation of Order's influence upon Chaos. Very much like the inner workings of a quantum computer, the superposition of the Chaos must be collapsed to provide actual results as otherwise it remains a meaningless mass of inconsequential actions, entire existences relegated to meaninglessness as whatever they perform, all it does is inflate the size of the simultaneous states. External and internal observers collapse these, forcing a result to occur so that the cycle may begin anew.

Yeah, if we change Creation-Void to Order-Chaos, it would allow more interactions and reduce confusion.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: March 15, 2014, 03:05:10 pm »

as if the quantum mechanics mumbo jumbo would reduce confusion...
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: March 15, 2014, 03:06:40 pm »

It may be simplified as:

Order needs some Chaos in its inner workings to continue running.

Chaos needs Order-based observation in its inner workings to actually do shit.

At least it doesn't raise questions about why one member of a two-party system is a universal rule-breaker, or why void entities are creating things.
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 1030